• Yes

Votes: 90 98.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

NullPointer

Apr 14, 2015
The merger app gives you a convenient way to merge your multiple portrait shots taken by GCam (Google camera).

Exisiting Issue:--
Some GCam build having save to DCIM portrait option but with a risk of getting loose, and it is evident that the users who enable the option, portrait shots are disappeared after some time once clicked (perm deleted)

Solution(Merger APP):--
GCam portrait merger app lets you take all your portrait folders files and merge it to your camera primary folder in a single click :cool:

Take Away:--
Now your all photos are in the same primary camera folder, get rid of multiple folders creation ;)

Note:-- disable the save to DCIM for a portrait in your GCam setting if you are facing the issue.

I am actively developing the project, like auto merger without user intervention, the preview of all the portraits, manual selection, etc.
Any kind of suggestions or feature request are welcome, do let me know the experience.

Downloads
https://bit.ly/2z3XyAx

Attachments

• Screenshot_GCam_Portrait_Merger_20190728-133917.png
    Screenshot_GCam_Portrait_Merger_20190728-133917.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 25,808
  • Screenshot_GCam_Portrait_Merger_20190728-133926.png
    Screenshot_GCam_Portrait_Merger_20190728-133926.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 25,694
Last edited:

ale32thebest

Mar 28, 2013
pistoia
Thanks for the app! Just one note, I noticed the app change last modified date of the file, is it possible to have the app not changing that data? I guess that's because the app actually copy the file instead of moving, anyway is really good, worst case I can adjust that data myself or just sort images by acquisition date

NullPointer

Apr 14, 2015
Thanks for the app! Just one note, I noticed the app change last modified date of the file, is it possible to have the app not changing that data? I guess that's because the app actually copy the file instead of moving, anyway is really good, worst case I can adjust that data myself or just sort images by acquisition date

Noted, I will look into this.

lockhrt999

Nov 25, 2014
India
I would like to ask this one thing that this problem is mostly faced by the non-google photos users right?

itsjobangrewal

Aug 2, 2019
A bug seen in this app

I used this app it works perfect but when we open WhatsApp or Messenger app and try to send media there appears a ton of files and folders saying (The file format is not supported or Error listing media) and the portait photos we delete from gallery are shown in social apps.This is the bug of this app. Kindly solve the issue. When we UNINSTALL THE APP THEY ARE GONE.

NullPointer

Apr 14, 2015
I used this app it works perfect but when we open WhatsApp or Messenger app and try to send media there appears a ton of files and folders saying (The file format is not supported or Error listing media) and the portait photos we delete from gallery are shown in social apps.This is the bug of this app. Kindly solve the issue. When we UNINSTALL THE APP THEY ARE GONE.
Its because of cache file created at the time of photo taken, I will look into this. Thanks for giving feedback.

NullPointer

Apr 14, 2015
after installing this app all my portraits shots are not opening in gallery app even we can't send it on social media , now all my files are not showing

Problem solved : after uninstalling the app all photos fixed
Its because of cache file created at the time of photo taken, which app you uninstalled? MergerApp? It will help me debug the issue, so I can provide the fix sooner

NullPointer

Apr 14, 2015
after installing this app all my portraits shots are not opening in gallery app even we can't send it on social media , now all my files are not showing

Problem solved : after uninstalling the app all photos fixed

it is fixed now, use the latest version.
Try to click any portrait pics and use merger to check the results. Thanks for pointing out... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3lMghraby

Urnyx05

Mar 25, 2018
The merger app gives you a convenient way to merge your multiple portrait shots taken by GCam (Google camera).

Some GCam build having save to DCIM portrait option but with a risk of getting loose, and it is evident that the users who enable the option, portrait shots are disappeared after some time once clicked (perm deleted)

GCam portrait merger app lets you take all your portrait folders files and merge it to your camera primary folder in a single click :cool:

Now your all photos are in the same primary camera folder, get rid of multiple folders creation ;)

Note:-- disable the save to DCIM for a portrait in your GCam setting if you are facing the issue.

I am actively developing the project, like auto merger without user intervention, the preview of all the portraits, manual selection, etc.
Any kind of suggestions or feature request are welcome, do let me know the experience.

Downloads
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WPuljEplsdb0Hm2luuLjptWXJjVcYElw
Very good app. Only one small suggestion, I'd add an option to save portrait photos into the folder DCIM/Camera/Portrait like we did on previous versions of GCam before the removal of the option due to broken photos?
And, maybe, when there will be a bit more options, make it open source on GitHub

Last edited:

NullPointer

Apr 14, 2015
Very good app. Only one small suggestion, I'd add an option to save portrait photos into the folder DCIM/Camera/Portrait like we did on previous versions of GCam before the removal of the option due to broken photos
And, maybe, when there will be a bit more options, make it open source on GitHub

@Urnyx05 sure I will add an option to create your own folder where you can move your portrait shots.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will open-source it soon.

Reactions: YC1818

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Downloads
    https://bit.ly/2z3XyAx
    I lost my Pocophone 1.5months back, because of that I was not able to provide an update. I will release an update soon but I need testers who can test the beta build as I don't have any device to test.
    Upcoming feature:--
    1) Option to delete non potrait photos.
    2) Move potrait photos to your defined folder.
    3) Bug fixes.
    Suggestions are always welcomed.

Will soon share the beta test link.

Hit like if you like my work :))
    Update 04/08

- Fix sometimes showing an invalid photos
    - Added misc changes
    I would like to ask this one thing that this problem is mostly faced by the non-google photos users right?

Yeah