Liberated German ROM
I've spend the last 2 days with learning how to cook ROMs after making my Device nearly unusable by flashing the canadian ROM.
My ROM currently has:
SnapVUE-Todayscreen disabled by default
Start- & Softbuttons visible
USBTool, RegistryEditor, SoftReset programs
CAB-RegHack applied so you can install any cab-file
Please note before you start flashing your Shift:
1. You need to do a HardSPL, like described here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=406606, once before flashing my ROM (if you were able to install the canadian ROM, you already did a HardSPL)
2. I am no active developer, just playing around and found something you might like too. I've got a fulltime job already so there won't be a lot of time for support and questions etc.
3. Send some thanks to the Shift Project and all the other developers here. Without their knowledge and tools noone would ever have got that far.
4. Please comment and suggest!
ok, here's the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/13777121...-tece.nbh.html
...just my 2 cents: good job, man, good job!
Thanks, Wounderfull. Can you please give a description for the hardSPL and for the installation of the ROM in German? Thats would be great. My English is not so good and when I will make some mistakes my Shift is broken. But I love my Shift.
With best reagards
Euer shift muss zuerst einem "hardSPL" unterzogen werden, die Prozedur ist recht einfach und detailliert (auf englisch) hier beschrieben:
Dies ist die unbedingt notwendige Vorbereitung, um später jedes beliebige ROM von der VISTA-Seite aus flashen zu können!
1. Ladet euch nun die flashtools hier herunter:
2. Entpackt diese in einen Ordner eurer Wahl
3. Ladet euch das tece-ROM herunter:
4. benennt dieses ROM um in: "ruu_signed.nbh"
5. verschiebt dieses in den Ordner, in welchen ihr die flashtools entpackt habt
6. startet von dort aus die "ROMUpdateUtility"-exe
7. folgt den Anweisungen
9. huldigt "tece" und den developers
(Dank an "tece": --> ursprüngliches SnapView-ROM, wenn ihr auf Originalzustand zurückflashen wollt:
Thanks to tece for this release (He knows I've been waiting for this :rolleyes:)
@Traumrakel: Please check your links. They are not working...
any one, for the french rom... cause german language is not easy to understand for latin people... пнгчвпйцшадйьждшхвчдоьз
If you can send me the language-dependant part(Part02.raw) from a french rom, like described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=382609, i will try to build a rom for you.
i ve flashed your rom, you did very nice work, that s great to have working sound!!!
i would do a french rom by myself, so if you can send me some tips like how to break the os.nb file :)
if a sucess to mount a french rom from the dutsh one i ll do a english one as well.
i'm sorry...just got plenty of time the next days.. just search here for "ROM reconstruction Kaiser"
You can use KaiserKitchen for most of the processes. To split/break the OS.nb you should follow pofs process described here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=382609 (take care to use the values from "pdocread.exe -l", not those posted by his example!).
One more help to save you some time:
Part00.raw and Part01.raw are XIP (the base system)
Part02.raw is the imgFS (the Part you mostly wanna change, all lang-specific is in here)
Part03.raw is userdata which will get erased anyway when you flash a new ROM
Once you get the rom extracted, how did you disable snapvue? By adding a registry edit? I counldn't find any snapvue service from the extracted rgu
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:57 PM.|