xda-developers

xda-developers (https://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php)
-   Connected Car (https://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3835)
-   -   Need to root an Android 8.1 mirror (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3983661)

zaber0189 15th October 2019 01:57 AM

Need to root an Android 8.1 mirror

Hello all,
I have an Android 8.1 based DVR mirror for my car and I need some assistance gaining root access into it. The mirror was bought on Amazon and has an ASN of B07QM1RHC6 and is described as TOOGOO 219865. In the software it says it is a QcTech HMSA5E. Here is what I know about the device:
- It is based on a Spreadtrum SC9832e
- The software version is QC_HMSA5E_A5_966_Media_Sleep_2019090919
- OTA update is provided by fota.redstone.net.cn
- when I open an adb shell my prompt is sp8541e_srvm

I also have the partition layout. Under the developer menu there is an option to enable root over adb, it is protected by a four digit pin.

I would appreciate any help gaining root access either via the pin via some hack door.

ecobeast 16th November 2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaber0189 (Post 80540539)
Hello all,
I have an Android 8.1 based DVR mirror for my car and I need some assistance gaining root access into it. The mirror was bought on Amazon and has an ASN of B07QM1RHC6 and is described as TOOGOO 219865. In the software it says it is a QcTech HMSA5E. Here is what I know about the device:
- It is based on a Spreadtrum SC9832e
- The software version is QC_HMSA5E_A5_966_Media_Sleep_2019090919
- OTA update is provided by fota.redstone.net.cn
- when I open an adb shell my prompt is sp8541e_srvm

I also have the partition layout. Under the developer menu there is an option to enable root over adb, it is protected by a four digit pin.

I would appreciate any help gaining root access either via the pin via some hack door.

Hi, did you have any luck rooting your mirror? It sounds like I have basically the same mirror although mine is sold under the name Bluavido. I've tried several apps and adb to root mine and all have failed so far. My guess is its the same four digit adb root privileges pin that is locking out the root process. In my case I'm just wanting to replace the awful bootanimation.zip with my own images.

Cheers Rich

Achyls 20th November 2019 01:10 PM

Hi, Have you managed to make any progress regarding root? I tried several apps (Kingoroot etc) with no luck and was unable to guess the pin code using the usual codes (1111, 5555, 0000). Mine is similar in specs to yours except mine has a Spreadtrum SL8541E processor. I purchased mine off wish and would like to change the KM/H to MPH along with remove some default apps.

I've tried hooking it up to my PC but even that has been a pain (Driver issues) and the device refuses to switch from charging to PTP.

Cheers Nick

zaber0189 23rd December 2019 02:31 PM

Post Update

Unfortunately I have not yet gained root access to the device. I was able to grab an "OTA" update, and it looks like the full system but I have not had much time to dig into it.

Achyls 1st January 2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaber0189 (Post 81282667)
Unfortunately I have not yet gained root access to the device. I was able to grab an "OTA" update, and it looks like the full system but I have not had much time to dig into it.

Could you post a link to a copy of the update? I was able to access fastboot mode using a terminal emulator which should allow me to flash the image onto my device

milind925 31st January 2020 09:36 AM

hi friend i have same kind of 12 inch android 8.1 DVR , i need help for flipping image of rearview camera. Ther is no option or settings to flip image in DVR settings. The rearview camera is 2MP 1920x1080pixel and realtime view in DVR is not flipped like selfie camera.

amarcha 6th February 2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achyls (Post 81360009)
Could you post a link to a copy of the update? I was able to access fastboot mode using a terminal emulator which should allow me to flash the image onto my device

There is firmware from Bluavido 12 QC_DMSA5E_A5_116_Media_Sleep_2019102419__201910241 9

SeattleMatt 10th February 2020 10:06 PM

Hello, I am also interested in root on this device.

I have yet to purchase it however, how is your experience with it? is the display quality any good? There are a lot of random sellers with 0 reviews trying to dump these.

Thanks.

amarcha 11th February 2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleMatt (Post 81731871)
Hello, I am also interested in root on this device.
I have yet to purchase it however, how is your experience with it? is the display quality any good? There are a lot of random sellers with 0 reviews trying to dump these.
Thanks.

Root no, it's problematic to do. Apparently lock the bootloader. I tried to patch boot using Magisk, the firmware then does not flash.
* The display is good, the cameras are shot at 4, CarKeeper works. GPS does not work stably when 4g Internet is turned on. Telephone communication does not work, it is disconnected. In short, you need to do custom recovery and ROOT

android102020 13th February 2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amarcha (Post 81734969)
Root no, it's problematic to do. Apparently lock the bootloader. I tried to patch boot using Magisk, the firmware then does not flash.
* The display is good, the cameras are shot at 4, CarKeeper works. GPS does not work stably when 4g Internet is turned on. Telephone communication does not work, it is disconnected. In short, you need to do custom recovery and ROOT

Can you give me a link to download the firmware for this mirror ?