xda-developers

xda-developers (https://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php)
-   Galaxy S Plus I9001 Android Development (https://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1270)
-   -   [TOOL] M-A INSTALLER | Install ZIPs WITHOUT a Recovery !!!!! (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2404384)

alireza7991 13th August 2013 06:32 PM

[TOOL] M-A INSTALLER | Install ZIPs WITHOUT a Recovery !!!!!

Quote:

M-A Installer clones recovery enviroment on android enviroment . It allows us to install zip update packages directly in android without rebooting in cwm/twrp/... !! M-A Installer does not convert scripts for installing package , It installs zip directly into device so Its compatable with all flashable zips all over the world ( At the moment aroma series are not compatible with M-A Installer becuase Android system over rides frame buffer while surface flinger trys to redraw screen on new inputs or refresh events , so I 'm waiting for a fix from Aroma to add aroma binary support to M-A Tools )

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME FOR REBOOTING IN RECOVERY
♥ USE M-A INSTALLER INSTEAD ♥
FIRST REAL ZIP PACKAGES INSTALLER

Warning !

YOU ARE USING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK ! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE !!

DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ROMS OR PACKAGES CHANGING SYSTEM BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT CUT DOWN A TREE WHILE YOU ARE AT THE TOP OF IT !!

Requirements

- Busybox
- ARMv7 ( + NEON ) - [ May not work on ARMv6 !!! ]
- Root Permissions

How to install

- Download last version
- Extract contents in /system/bin/
- Set permissions of all files which you have extracted to "rwxr-xr-x" ( 755 )

How to use

- Open terminal and type :
Code:

su
inzip path/to/zip

- Write path to zip file you want to flash instead of path/to/zip

Downloads

version 1.0 | ARMv7 ( + NEON ) Support

CREDIT

M0RT3Z4
Aramullz ( aka Ahmad Amrullah )
Koush and All devs contributed in CWM project

naag.qc 13th August 2013 06:54 PM

How can we will wipe data, cache ?

hiej 13th August 2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naag.qc (Post 44584361)
How can we will wipe data, cache ?

on terminal type:

su
rm /data/ dalvik-cache /*
rm /cache/ dalvik-cache /*

ZordanKV 13th August 2013 08:55 PM

Nice.

Maybe you should add examples what can be flashed this way.

alireza7991 14th August 2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZordanKV (Post 44588057)
Nice.

Maybe you should add examples what can be flashed this way.

all kernels , recoveries , mods , tweaks , engines , maybe gapp and a lot more . only remember you can not install roms and anything else which wipes system or framwork

ktulu84 14th August 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alireza7991 (Post 44601015)
all kernels , recoveries , mods , tweaks , engines , maybe gapp and a lot more . only remember you can not install roms and anything else which wipes system or framwork

yes, but don't you need a reboot when flash a kernel a mod or some init.d tweak?

alireza7991 14th August 2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktulu84 (Post 44609121)
yes, but don't you need a reboot when flash a kernel a mod or some init.d tweak?

M-A Installer : install zip -> reboot system
CWM : reboot recovery -> install zip -> reboot system

as you can see reboot recovery is removed using m-a installer so about 2-3 min time is saved

Also it maybe fix "annoying setup wizard" bug ( I did'nt test )

smeroni68 14th August 2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alireza7991 (Post 44609642)
M-A Installer : install zip -> reboot system
CWM : reboot recovery -> install zip -> reboot system

as you can see reboot recovery is removed using m-a installer so about 2-3 min time is saved

Also it maybe fix "annoying setup wizard" bug ( I did'nt test )

May be the reboot to recovery will give you a saving of 30 seconds... But only the trouble to use terminal, typing the commands and write correctly the path... I think you lost the saving of reboot to recovery... That's my thinking.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 usando Tapatalk 4

alireza7991 14th August 2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeroni68 (Post 44610480)
May be the reboot to recovery will give you a saving of 30 seconds... But only the trouble to use terminal, typing the commands and write correctly the path... I think you lost the saving of reboot to recovery... That's my thinking.

oh dealing with hardware keys on ADC Team CWM to find and choose update package is to time consuming comparing to writing 1/2 small lines on terminal + you do not need to reboot on all zip packages ! some packages applys directly after installing .

You are not forced to use this tool ! Leave this topic clean if you do'nt like this

smeroni68 14th August 2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alireza7991 (Post 44610893)
oh dealing with hardware keys on ADC Team CWM to find and choose update package is to time consuming comparing to writing 1/2 small lines on terminal + you do not need to reboot on all zip packages ! some packages applys directly after installing .

You are not forced to use this tool ! Leave this topic clean if you do'nt like this

I never write this tool is not good, but if you compare a procedure that need a reboot, I think it is not so time saving... And if you use TWRP instead of CWM... There is no comparison...