Lenovo IdeaPhone S920
I own a Lenovo S920.
I bought it in China and re flashed the firmware of it to a Russian modified.
I'd like to share with you the process that located in the Russian forum:
1. USB VCOM Driver http://lenovo-forums.ru/Files/OS/P77...W_Rom_P770.zip
2. Lenovo USB Driver http://lenovo-forums.ru/Files/OS/P77...iver_1.0.1.exe
3. SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119_EDR http://lenovo-forums.ru/index.php?ap...attach_id=1682
Maybe I'll translate the process later.
Also I found on the Chinese forum a OVERSEAS firmware (S920_ROW_S110_20130515) - updated to "S920_ROW_S114_130626" after installation.
Can be downloaded here: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=2335146322
The archive password is "bbs.lenovomobile.com"
Installed it. (changed the EBR2 file and flashed again - now using it for everyday use)
Re-partition of the internal storage
I found that the internal memory is parted into Internal Storage and USB Storage - seems useless when inserting an uSD card (the USB storage is sdcard0) and also confusing.
I found a way to re-part the memory so that the Internal Storage became 3.6GB (left 18MB for thr USB Storage because if it's 0MB the phone stop seeing the uSD card). After 1st boot I selected the "SD storage" as "default write disk".(and changed it in all applications ex. Camera)
This is done by editing the HEX of the EBR2 file (I used the OVERSEAS firmware).
Reference (on Russian): http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry16443051
Using this method it's also possible to change all the partitions (system,cache etc.) sizes.
I don't see any added value in it so I only edited the Data partition.
this is my EBR2 and Checksum.ini, before trying anything have a copy of the original EBR2 (as an option to flash back the original partitions)
(translation from the link: http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/1700-r...0-lenovo-s920/ )
1. Download the file: http://lenovo-forums.ru/index.php?ap...attach_id=3257
2. Copy the apk file to the SDCARD
3. Install the apk file (on the internal memory)
4. Start the app after the installation
5. Choose SuperUser or SuperSU (the writer advise to choose SuperSU)
6. Press "Boromir"
7. (from me) start the SuperSU app and make binaries update.
Next thing I'd like to do is change the functionality of long press on home button (switch it with the left button)
I'm new in the field of helping others (although I've experience with several smartphones) - so please be patient.
NOTE: Everything that you do with your device using my directions may harm your device and I'm not responsible for that.
Thanx a lot mate. :) :cowboy:
I buy my phone s920 from taiwan and now instal the rom no more taiwan china and more faster. :laugh: :victory:
Thanx a lot again mate. :good:
First of all - you should edit the EBR2 before flashing the rom.
What I did is:
1. Backup all the apps with Titanium backup to SDCARD (recheck few times that the selected storage of Titanium backup is the External SDCARD) - if you select in settings->storage->SD storage as a default write disk then your External SDCARD will probably be sdcard0 (otherwise it will be sdcard1...and you should change the location of backups in settings of Titanium backup).
2. Made a copy of the Overseas ROM
3. Changed the parameter CHECKSUM_SWITCH from 1 to 0 (in the file Checksum.ini)
4. Edited the EBR2 (I'll upload later today my EBR2 that making the Internal Storage to be 3.6GB and the USB storage to be 18.59MB)
5. Flashed the changed ROM
6. Changed the Default Write Disk (settings->storage) to SD storage
7. Recovered apps (using Titanium Backup)
*** pay attention that there're applications (like camera) that it's default storage is still the 18MB (changed it in settings)
credits to booroondook from 4pda (http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry16443051) - MBR,EBR1,EBR2 topic coverage
with which firmware the problem occur?
the battery not charging even when the phone is turned off?
did you try to flash the original Chinese firmware?
(maybe s/w bug)
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:34 PM.|