[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer (full-featured file manager)
My name is Hootan. I work on XDA in my free time and this file explorer is my favorite Android project!
MiXplorer mix of explorers (SD, FTP, Lan, Cloud and other storage explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and full-featured file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface.
This app has no ads, is and will always remain free.
It supports Android 2.0+ (Eclair)
I hope you enjoy it.
The best way indeed is to explore yourself. But here's a brief list of essential features:
If you have any ideas, suggestions or you found a bug/mistake, feel free and let me know. :)
Email: [email protected]
Get Standard MiXplorer
Get MiXplorer Silver
Downloads from any other source are not recommended.
• Themes by @djdarkknight96
• Themes by @TerrorFlatRider
• Themes by Vladimir
• Themes by Marciozomb13
• Theme by Chalkyman
• Guillaume Skins Gallery
• YandLiu Skins Gallery
Your donations are welcomed and appreciated.
Credits & Copyrights
- Credits belong to @HootanParsa as the developer, open source contributors, translators and users who are actively involved on this thread.
- All developers and companies are allowed to add MiXplorer and its free addons in their ROMs as pre-installed apps.
- Sharing the modified APK file and with different signature is not permitted.
Open Source Libraries:
Google Code Prettify
4.x. 5.x versions:
Open Source Libraries:
Apache HttpComponents 4.3.3
App Icon Created by @PhysX for this app.
Some icons + Category Bar from MIUI File Manager (will be removed completely in the upcoming verions)
Folder Icons Found the folder icon on the web and modified it as applicable into various colours.
The versions belonging to this series are based on the ported file explorer from the MIUI gingerbread ROM (miuiandroid_Defy-2.1.13 (Android v2.3.7) – 2012/1/16) to all 2.2+ android devices.
'Ported' basically means that:
- I decompiled the app and studied the structure.
- Then I extracted the theme resources, created a new project and tried to recreate the MIUI file manager in my own way.
- I reworked all the classes for the browse tab. FTP tab was easy because it's open source. Furthermore, I wrote a complex code for category tab which works on all kind of custom ROMs with different content provider.
I'd like to point out that the version initially published (18.104.22.168) was written by me and I'm the only one who has it's sources. Hence, there is no relation between these series versions and MIUI file manager sources (ICS-Based) on Github. And it's not open-source.
All the apk files shared on XDA and other places with this package name "com.android.mifileexplorer" belong to me.
I would, however, like to give credit to MIUI company for theme resources and also to their elegant design.
I don't really have any idea when MIUI company started to use "Mi" (as the prefix) in some of their projects. I assume some months after my first project. I have been using this prefix for some years now and it's derived from "MiProjects", which is my brand.
The conflict that has arised is quite vague but I do apologise for any misunderstandings I might have caused.
Languages Past Collaborators
Arabic - Mr.ziad
Chinese Simplified - lovejaychou2005
Croatian - Domcek
Czech - bckp, clone.x
Dutch, Flemish - labsin
Estonian - Mairo
French - bolsderac, dadaz007, Draky50110, Matx13
German - CaliburManiac, coxtor, Erik194, Felix_0501, Mardon, Schokonuss, Philip Kramwinkel
Hebrew - elyashiv1994
Hindi - paarkhi
Hungarian - rollrk4h, RootRulez
Indonesian - shad23, shoutokuyaki
Italian - Alex.Raz, Clem29, dimpemekug,fedett92, glider010,ludoo
Korean - phone_user
Modern Greek - nomedor
Persian - mr.hami
Polish - DrizztDWX, mario44
Portuguese - rtfpessoa, SnowPluralism, softwork_brasil
Portuguese Brazilian - danilocps87, herbertsilver, romuleta, softwork_brasil
Romanian, Moldavian, Moldovan - costygsm2, ygorigor
Russian - GREY58, iron86, wmaster4g
Serbian - crullick
Slovak - bckp
Spanish - Hopler, LeoPosas, superpulosu
Swedish - meares
Turkish - Fatih Firinci, sbdemir
Vietnamese - HeavenAngle, hoangnguyen
MiX-Skin (Install & Apply)
• Black-Blue • Chic
User Contributed v4.x
• MIUI v6 Dark • MIUI v6 Light • Holo Dark-Blue • Holo Dark-Red • Holo KitKat • Holo Light • MIUI V5 • Orginal Light-Blue
• Clearly Blue • Clearly Green • Clearly Red • Clearly HoloBlue • Clearly Pink • Clearly White
• Light Black • Light Green
• Batman Beyond • Black-Blue SeeThru & Default SeeThru • Black-Orange & Black Orange SeeThru
Black-Green & Black-Green SeeThru • Spiderman
@Thebear j koss
• Blue Waffle Clear • Blue Waffle Black
Hi. Very good idea. The only thing i was missing was root explorer. I didn't test the app, but will as soon as possible. If nobody has an idea, than keep solving bugs^^. I hope you continue the work:)
Keep up the good work. I added root stuff to it ages ago in miui-au (but pretty poorly) as it was the only reason I needed another file manager. Well other than I do use zip/unzip, which is great to see you've added.
---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------
I have given it a try since root exploring you have added, but I couldnt gain the root access.
All I can see is Browse, SDCard and FTp tabs, but how do I access the system partition of the files? Am I missing something here?
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:21 AM.|