FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Custom Roms (Lineage etc)

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

Post Reply Email Thread
Ahoi,

the guys from f(x)tec said they would send out some devices to developers of custom roms including lineage to help development of the rom. Did this already happen? Do lineage devs have the phone and did they start porting? Just curious if that happens at all. I'm hoping to put lineage on mine asap.
4th November 2019, 12:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
There are few developers who are making Lineage OS and Sailfish OS for Pro1. Chen showed some alpha build on Twitter previously. Also, devs has the source code since last month.http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by chen

What I can confirm is that there are 2 senior developers has been working on Lineage OS since a while ago. And they've made some great progress. (All the credit goes to them)

They are awaiting for the official release and can move the porting project into the next stage I believe.

That's as far as I know, and again, it's a great work of Lineage community.

PS: When I tried to flash SFOS initial release onto Pro1 I need to flash a custom TWRP, which is I believe also from Lineage OS devs.

4th November 2019, 09:56 PM |#3  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 34

More
https://github.com/tdm?tab=repositories

With the email today confirming those who are in the first batch, we're getting close! What I think would be really nice would be working TWRP so can make stock backup on day zero. And of course for root, los, or sfos...
The Following User Says Thank You to enigma9o7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enigma9o7 Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 09:14 PM |#4  
Flag Masovia
Thanks Meter: 478

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma9o7

https://github.com/tdm?tab=repositories

With the email today confirming those who are in the first batch, we're getting close! What I think would be really nice would be working TWRP so can make stock backup on day zero. And of course for root, los, or sfos...

As a member of the proto guys, I can assure you that the fastboot images will get released quickly. We have the shipping firmware, maybe there'll be simply a website for that. A working TWRP exists, but keep in mind system-as-root limitations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j1505243 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j1505243 Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 03:37 AM |#5  
Flag San Jose

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1505243

A working TWRP exists, but keep in mind system-as-root limitations.

Does backup work now? I'd heard the earliest port worked for flash but not backup.

Any chance you can share? I expect my phone any day now...
9th November 2019, 04:31 AM |#6  
Flag Masovia

More
Quote:

Does backup work now? I'd heard the earliest port worked for flash but not backup.

Any chance you can share? I expect my phone any day now...

Backups require decryption support, but since it's a stock msm8998 platform you can expect that rather quickly. Sharing is what I'll leave to the original creators, we're informed about the shipment progress.
9th November 2019, 04:49 AM |#7  
Flag San Jose

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1505243

keep in mind system-as-root limitations.

Don't suppose you have a link that could explain this to people who have no idea what you mean?

I think this has something to do with the fact that even as root in Android if you modify stuff in /system it doesn't stick after reboot. But I'm really only guessing and haven't bothered to read up on it yet.
9th November 2019, 07:18 PM |#8  
Flag Masovia

More
Quote:

Don't suppose you have a link that could explain this to people who have no idea what you mean?

I think this has something to do with the fact that even as root in Android if you modify stuff in /system it doesn't stick after reboot. But I'm really only guessing and haven't bothered to read up on it yet.

System-as-root means that /system is mounted as /, but it also means that recovery is a part of boot image, so flashing it as the whole boot partition won't let you boot the system. There'll be a need for TWRP installer script.
9th November 2019, 10:30 PM |#9  
Flag Masovia

More
Quote:

https://source.android.com/devices/b...system-as-root
16th December 2019, 09:03 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Test builds are available:
- http://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/lineage.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)