FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Google's Project Ara will begin pilot testing in Puerto Rico

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone know when and how much it will cost, Is there any way to get one.

17th January 2015, 04:02 PM |#2  
Flag Leiden
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good question, would love to get the answer on that too.
17th January 2015, 07:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It will only be available there, because they only want to see if they can sell this phone

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Free mobile app
18th January 2015, 01:58 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by branc116

It will only be available there, because they only want to see if they can sell this phone

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Free mobile app

Good thing im from Puerto Rico
The Following User Says Thank You to djzbra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djzbra Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 08:13 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djzbra

Good thing im from Puerto Rico

Lucky.. :P
19th January 2015, 12:43 AM |#6  
Flag inside
Thanks Meter: 128

More
I think WSJ mentioned it wouldn't start until sometime in the 2nd half of 2015, and that's as narrow a range as I've seen on a date. Doubtless, there will be some units popping up on ebay and the like, and Eremenko specifically answered a dev's question during devcon 2 that there were no real controls that might prevent Puerto Rico modules from working anywhere else, other than the cell radios, so while they are trying to focus on one area for data gathering purposes, there will be leaks. I think one reason they really don't care is that a big part of the market test is drumming up earned media and awareness while the ramp up, because this model doesn't really lend itself to a multibillion dollar worldwide ad campaign that Samsung or Apple would use. There are too many different parties and too many small parties in the mix to effectively promote that way. But every stage of the tiered rollout, including these dev conventions, generates really valuable coverage. I was really impressed with the breadth of coverage off devcon 2, and it isn't even finished yet.

The ebay units won't help many of us though, because there isn't one Ara device. Unless you actually have friends or family there and you can tell them exactly which modules to buy, whatever bundle someone gets and puts on ebay won't be particularly interesting. If you want the full experience of really building a device just for you, you'll have to wait an unknown but painfully long time with the rest of us. Well except djzbra. Ah, why does Puerto Rico always get all the luck
7th February 2015, 01:28 AM |#7  
Flag Coamo
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
I will be waiting also for the launch of project Ara here in Puerto Rico.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
10th February 2015, 02:31 AM |#8  
singkawang westborneo

More
I will wait until ara came to my country Indonesia. Even need much time
12th February 2015, 05:24 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by attadinata

I will wait until ara came to my country Indonesia. Even need much time

Don't worry countries like India, Indonesia, Brazil are the Biggest market for that type of phone's.
5th March 2015, 07:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Around $200. Pretty sure some people will be selling online for 10x the price. But i say google shoule atleast try selling a few online.
5th March 2015, 07:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
This is got to be the most interesting thing to come out of the wireless smartphone world in a long long time.

subscribe

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)