[8.1][sGSI]MIUI10 for Project Treble

Search This thread

pocaropa

Dec 13, 2013
Valencia
Chinese

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

It could be that the device where the backup came from was logged in to miui account.
Port was made from official rom. Obviously on a redmi 4x device, since is miui, you can pass device security check.

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

xezrunner

Jul 3, 2014
Google apps

Is this a complete China ROM, thus has the App Store and we get the Google Apps from there, or can we/do we have to flash Gapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 180914:
    Always believe something wonderful is just going to happen.

WARNING:I‘m not responsible for any consequences at all.This is an OEM rom ported from Redmi phone so it may cause wrong behaviors including partition overwritting and may brick your phone or break hardwares.I strongly recommend you take a completely full backup of your device and know how to recovery firmwares in case of any problems.

This is still in early stage and should be normal if some features are broken.

Working on Qualcomm fully-Trebled deivces.
    Maybe working on other platfrom fully-Trebled deivces.

8.1 vendor (vndk27) should be needed.

Bugs:
    Light HAL(Brightness acting strange, this is a MIUI traditional)
    SELinux

Credits:
    @erfanoabdi

Install for A-only:

1.enable Treble ,flash a fully-trebled 8.1 rom

2.Extract the .7z to your TWRP backup folder (/.../TWRP/BACKUPS/$(yourserialnumber)/

3.Restore MIUI10 /system with TWRP

4.flash two patch zip

5.wipe data,flash fbe_disabler and Permissiver (from tools) if needed for your device.

6.Reboot.

Normally it will boot to bootanimation.If it doessn't pass bootanim then take logs with

adb logcat > logcat.txt via PC.

NOTE:

IF YOU STUCK AT MI ACCOUNT LOGIN, make sure you flashed permissiver
    If the device says your device has mi account locked, then pull simcard out and reboot to complete the setup.

If you're stuck at logo , please make sure you can boot sGSI

Telegram Group:
    https://t.me/funtouchosp

For Chinese users you can contact me via Coolapk.See my signature.

v1:
    Initial release

Download
    GDrive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hyyErzDrl-cre13AX4_A5aSAbRHurZvU
    I'm working on A/B version cause I love MIUI, but it's bootlooping for now. I sent my build to my friend who has a Pixel. Maybe it will work with his kernel/vendor.

Huge Thanks to fxsheep & erfanoabdi for making this sGSI. Hopefully we will get A/B to work.

Edit: Seems like we can't get it to boot at all on Pixel. Also with latest OOS update, OP6 Bootloader doesn't allow me to boot Oreo kernels anymore, no idea why, so I can't work on MIUI 10 Oreo anymore, I managed to port from scratch Mi Mix 2S MIUI 10 based on Pie and get to boot animation etc, but I'm getting same keymaster error. And it just doesn't boot further.

Edit2: I found one more version of MIUI 10 Treble on some Chinese website. After adjusting it to boot on A/B, it still gives me same keymaster error! I have no idea why it's showing up. Even when I take keymaster libs from Phh Treble it still shows up. And the rom is almost booting at this point. All apps are in /data partition etc and keymaster is like the only error that I can see in logcat. I wish I had another Treble device to see if it would get same error or if it's just some problem with OP6. And luckily I have a Mi Pad 4 Plus which has Treble but I have to wait for over a month to unlock the bootloader.
    MIUI 10 Treble 8.1.0 Oreo sGSI First Look

MIUI 10 Treble 8.1.0 Oreo sGSI First Look

we will never have a stable ROM.
    the developers create these roms and then abandon the project, so it was with Funtoutch and OOS

Sorry if your experience was so bad mine is totally different, my phone only updated to Android 6 and thanks to the work of the developers of XDA today I have Android 9 Pie Treble. The attitude of those who have a Le 3 Pro was to support and always be grateful for the work that developers do.
    Those who have can't get security info error on mi account setup screen, hit forget password then skip, it will pass the setup then.
    :eek:
    @fxsheep first of all many thanks and congrats for this work.
    BTW can you share the link of the rom build you took as base? I m gonna mod/port it to my own taste(global) .

For gapps, you can use google installer 3.0 apk.