FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ARM] [Arm64] [A only] [AB] [ROM][8.1.0] ⚛ CarbonROM (Noct) [Unofficial]

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 358

By AryanPatidar, Member on 27th July 2018, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

BUGS:

Some of the guys have been using Carbon Oreo for weeks now, and They've faced no issues. If you face any issues, please report them in as much detail as possible, preferably with a logcat and/or instructions to reproduce it.

CHANGELOGS:

You can visit https://blog.carbonrom.org/changelog to view the changelog.

GET CarbonRom
(ARM A only) | (ARM64 A only && AB)

Github
Gerrit

Credits:

@phhusson For his Amazing Work On Project-Treble
@lmentor (From Telegram) For testing this GSI on Honor v9

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Firmware Required: The one your device Requires
Based On: AOSP/CAF
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carbon.jpg
Views:	3360
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	4559490   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_004655.jpg
Views:	4222
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	4559503   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_004656.jpg
Views:	4180
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	4559504   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_004658.jpg
Views:	4176
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	4559505   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_004659.jpg
Views:	3824
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	4559506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_004705.jpg
Views:	3702
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	4559507   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_004702.jpg
Views:	3562
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	4559508   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_004701.jpg
Views:	3372
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	4559509  
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to AryanPatidar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AryanPatidar Ad-Free

27th July 2018, 08:58 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Bhopal

More
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AryanPatidar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AryanPatidar Ad-Free
27th July 2018, 09:00 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Bhopal

More
Sorry for the Thread Looks, as I am not able to find any XDA template, and also a noob at making threads ;_;
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AryanPatidar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AryanPatidar Ad-Free
27th July 2018, 10:09 PM |#4  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 226

Donate to Me
More
1. Is this official or unofficial?
2. It's better to put the fact that it is for arm64 only in the thread somewhere, just to avoid confusion.

Great ROM, thanks for porting it to treble GSI.
28th July 2018, 02:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AryanPatidar

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Doed this rom includes 18:9 support for old apps?
28th July 2018, 03:00 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Thank you very much.
But my device is honor v9.
Carbon is great rom.
Thanks again!

Sent from my Honor V9 using XDA Labs
28th July 2018, 02:49 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Bhopal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmentor

Thank you very much.
But my device is honor v9.
Carbon is great rom.
Thanks again!

Sent from my Honor V9 using XDA Labs

Thnx to you for testing the ROM, and sorry for that device name😅😅
28th July 2018, 07:06 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Bhopal

More
Carbon Arm A only GSI

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528060433

Extract first
28th July 2018, 07:36 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Love it, I'm currently on havoc right now on my p20 pro and I'm definitely going to give this a try today. I've searched a bit but seems there isn't much info (at least from my searching) on how to handle the notch but I'll keep digging and if I find it I'll be sure to post results!

Thanks for the great work
29th July 2018, 01:14 AM |#10  
Flag Sun Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Cant make it boot on v30 joan
29th July 2018, 03:25 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
it cant boot on moto g6 plus, stuck boot animation
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags