FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Huawei honor 8x max 4/64 snapdragon chipset??

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By hopkins31, Member on 29th December 2018, 01:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello I'm new to the gsi scene and from what I've checked on this phone is it's gsi compatible,a only,I have the bootloader unlocked through an unlock site,is there any gsi ROMs that will work on this phone?There is no root yet or twrp but if there is a working gsi I could just flash thru fastboot.Any info that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Tapatalk
30th December 2018, 12:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
So long as the ROM works on a Snapdragon 636, it should be fine on the 8x max, though, I thought Huawei weren't providing bootloader unlock codes, for TWRP, anything for a SD636 should work fine, obviously you can't decrypt internal storage (actually, you can, just wipe internal storage from TWRP and encryption is gone), and magisk root should work fine.

Try this TWRP, make sure you have a backup full update ROM to install (DLoad method) if this fails, or have the stock recovery, https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...-plus-t3727162
The Following User Says Thank You to ambitiousButRubbish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ambitiousButRubbish Ad-Free
30th December 2018, 01:37 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousButRubbish

So long as the ROM works on a Snapdragon 636, it should be fine on the 8x max, though, I thought Huawei weren't providing bootloader unlock codes, for TWRP, anything for a SD636 should work fine, obviously you can't decrypt internal storage (actually, you can, just wipe internal storage from TWRP and encryption is gone), and magisk root should work fine.

Try this TWRP, make sure you have a backup full update ROM to install (DLoad method) if this fails, or have the stock recovery, https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...-plus-t3727162

There is a unofficial twrp now just flashed last night all works well,I'm gonna do a backup of the stock rom and try to flash havoc or phsss gsi rom if it fails I'll just restore my backup thanks for the info you provided!!!

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
honor-8x-max

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)