[RECOVERY][3.1.0-0] TWRP Recovery for BLU Pure XL

Search This thread

bemolx

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg
TeamWin's TWRP Touch Recovery for BLU Pure XL (and clones)
https://twrp.me/​

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.​

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom ROM like OmniROM.​

Source to build TWRP you can find here.

SCREENSHOTS: HERE

Bugs:
If you find any bug I haven't noticed, please go here and send me bug report. It would help me solving most problems in further builds.

Flashing instructions:
Use Flashify, TWRP Manager or follow this thread.

WARNING!
Code:
This is custom recovery image.
Wait for progress but don't ask for ETA - I have my own life too. 
You are flashing it at your own risk - don't do it if you don't know what it's used for!
I'm not responsible for earthquake, thermonuclear war or any damage on your phone. If you point finger at me for messing up your phone I'll laugh at you.

Changelog:
Code:
[B]3.1.0[/B] 2017-03-18[LIST]
[*]Release notes: [URL="https://twrp.me/site/update/2017/03/10/twrp-3.1.0-0-released.html"][link][/URL]
[*]Fixed partitioning problems.
[*]Added support for more partitions (/logo, /nvram etc.)
[*]Fixed restoring backups.
[*]Fixed CPU temp indicator.[/LIST]
[B]3.0.2-0 Official [/B] 2016-04-05
[LIST]
[*]Release notes: [URL="https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/04/05/twrp-3.0.2-0-released.html"][link][/URL]
[/LIST]
[B]3.0.1-0 Official[/B] 2016-04-01 
[LIST]
[*]Release notes: [URL="https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/04/01/twrp-3.0.1-0-released.html"][link][/URL]
[/LIST]
[B]3.0.0-1 Official[/B] 2016-02-26 (on AndroidFileHost)
[LIST]
[*][B]Recovery is now STABLE in usage![/B]
[*]Restoring backups is now [B]FIXED![/B]
[*]Mounting to PC should be now [B]FIXED![/B]
[*]Some improvments to code
[/LIST]
[B]3.0.0-0 Official[/B] 2016-02-20
[LIST]
[*]Added official support for this device
[*]Nothing changed since last build
[/LIST]
[B]3.0.0-beta3[/B] 2016-02-07
[LIST]
[*][STRIKE]Fixed backup restoring issue[/STRIKE] Seems not to be fixed, will be working on it
[*]Some iprovements
[/LIST]
[B]3.0.0-beta2[/B] 2016-02-07
[LIST]
[*]Fixed partitions problem - TWRP sees & mounts them now
[*]Fixed battery percentage indicator
[/LIST]
[B]3.0.0-beta1[/B] 2016-02-06
[LIST]
[*]Initial release
[*]TWRP can't mount partitions, doesn't read storage
[*]Any other bugs are related to problem mentioned above
[*]TWRP boots and reboots correctly
[/LIST]

Donwload: here (SourceForge)

Device tree: device_x2xtreme

Credits: Ethan Yonker aka Dees_Troy & whole TWRP Dev Team

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.1.0, Tool/Utility for the Blu Pure XL

Contributors
bemolx
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v3.1.0-0
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-18

Created 2016-02-06
Last Updated 2017-04-03

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-09-57.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-09-57.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,108
  • Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-14.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,070
  • Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-21.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-21.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 2,060
  • Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-44.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-44.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 2,050
  • Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-30.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,036
  • Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-50.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-10-50.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 2,037
  • Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-11-10.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-14-11-10.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 2,002
  • Screenshot_2016-02-24-11-15-55.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-24-11-15-55.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,936
Last edited:

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
No disrespect, bit did you compile this? I ask cause I am trying to compile the new TWRP for my device wich is a LG G Stylo and my touch input does not work. So I was wondering if you had this issue and if so how did you fix it?

bemolx

No disrespect, bit did you compile this? I ask cause I am trying to compile the new TWRP for my device wich is a LG G Stylo and my touch input does not work. So I was wondering if you had this issue and if so how did you fix it?
Yes, Ive compiled it without any errors at first time. I don't know how to help you at this moment. Ask TeamWin Devs
Cheers

Wysłane z mojego X2_Soul_Xtreme

eualex

Mar 20, 2011
Yes, Ive compiled it without any errors at first time. I don't know how to help you at this moment. Ask TeamWin Devs
Cheers

What doesn't work: CPU temperature indicator, mounting to PC

3.0.0-beta2
  • Fixed partitions problem - TWRP see & mount them now
  • Fixed battery percentage indicator
3.0.0-beta1
  • Initial release
  • TWRP can't mount partitions, doesn't read storage
  • Any other bugs are related to problem mentioned above
  • TWRP boots and reboot correctly

Olá, estou com problema em montar "cache" não consigo restaurar a rom stock... Backup feito com o novo twrp 3.0 beta 2... Alguma dicas.....

bemolx

Olá, estou com problema em montar "cache" não consigo restaurar a rom stock... Backup feito com o novo twrp 3.0 beta 2... Alguma dicas.....
Can you provide me logcat or at least error shown while restoring your backup? It would help much.

PS. Next time write in English because it's better for me and other users in this forum to understand what's your problem.

Update: Yeah... I've bricked my device too. Now I know the problem and I am working on it. Wait for beta3

Last edited:

eualex

Mar 20, 2011
Can you provide me logcat or at least error shown while restoring your backup? It would help much.

PS. Next time write in English because it's better for me and other users in this forum to understand what's your problem.

Update: Yeah... I've bricked my device too. Now I know the problem and I am working on it. Wait for beta3

The error was with TWRP 3.0 beta 3. Could not mount the cache for that reason did not finish the restoration, I reinstalled TWRP 2.8 per adb and got a mont in the cache. Now all ok with TWRP 2.8. Thank you for your attention, I am waiting for the first custom for blu pure xl. Summary error was to assemble cache error does not happen with TWRP 2.8.

Last edited:

bemolx

The error was with TWRP 3.0 beta 1. Could not mount the cache for that reason did not finish the restoration, I reinstalled TWRP 2.8 per adb and got a mont in the cache. Now all ok with TWRP 2.8. Thank you for your attention, I am waiting for the first custom for blu pure xl.
Okay, I see :) In beta3 everything has beed updated - in beta1 you couldn't mount any partition because of bad recovery.fstab which is already fixed
Cheers

Sent from Nexus 5

AlexDC2013

Apr 17, 2014
Arad
beta restore fail

Same issue at me. When I tried to restore the backup in twrp 3.0.0 beta 3 it stopped. And briked my phone.
I was needed to install twrp 2.8.6.0 back and restore the backup to boot again the phone.

bemolx

Same issue at me. When I tried to restore the backup in twrp 3.0.0 beta 3 it stopped. And briked my phone.
I was needed to install twrp 2.8.6.0 back and restore the backup to boot again the phone.

Edit, was using the TWRP 3.0 beta 3 ...... So I could settle with TWRP 2.8. Thank you
Restoring backup problems have been solved in v3.0.0-1. Please wait for upload at the official download page. Thank you

KingKe

Apr 16, 2016
Help!! My BLU Pure XL will not go into Recovery

I try to go into recovery mode and the phone just reboots. I hold the
power and Vol up key like I did when I originally rooted it but now it will not go into recovery any longer. I'm trying to revert back to stock and upgrade to the latest release. Can someone please assist?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I can not get my phone into ecovery mode. I did the buttons as I have in the past but the phone just reboots. It's like my recovery mode was deleted and the phone just resets. Help!!!!

bemolx

I try to go into recovery mode and the phone just reboots. I hold the
power and Vol up key like I did when I originally rooted it but now it will not go into recovery any longer. I'm trying to revert back to stock and upgrade to the latest release. Can someone please assist?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I can not get my phone into ecovery mode. I did the buttons as I have in the past but the phone just reboots. It's like my recovery mode was deleted and the phone just resets. Help!!!!
Try to reflash the recovery img using fastboot method.

KingKe

Apr 16, 2016
You don't have to. Follow this thread.

I started with this link.

Let me restate my issue and shed light on my environment.
Power Button + Vol up does not go to Recovery mode - My phone just goes to a black screen and reboots. So, if any procedure requires that I can not execute right now. I need recovery mode back.
I am running Windows 10 Professional 64Bit variant. My BlU Pure XL connects via MPT so I can not assign a drive letter to it so that I can navigate to it via CMD prompt.
Fastboot command comes and stating 'waiting for device' because I can not get my device into recovery mode. So, can someone walk me through this issue and get my recovery mode reinstalled/repaired (Also I am not rooted)?

Short Circuit

Feb 29, 2016
Toronto

Power Button + Vol up does not go to Recovery mode - My phone just goes to a black screen and reboots. So, if any procedure requires that I can not execute right now. I need recovery mode back.
I am running Windows 10 Professional 64Bit variant. My BlU Pure XL connects via MPT so I can not assign a drive letter to it so that I can navigate to it via CMD prompt.
Fastboot command comes and stating 'waiting for device' because I can not get my device into recovery mode. So, can someone walk me through this issue and get my recovery mode reinstalled/repaired (Also I am not rooted)?

1. If you have adb working (for some reason in my case, my Pure XL doesn't want to be detected by it), then launch cmd in the same directory as adb and fastboot (SHIFT+Right Click) and use the command adb reboot bootloader to put it into the bootloader (don't worry about the tiny text on the bootloader screen saying stuff about security).

2. Then, after you put the TWRP recovery.img in the same folder, use the command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash TWRP back onto your device (not sure how you managed to corrupt/remove it in the first place).

3. If you don't have adb working (like me), download and use WinDroid Toolkit (which can be found on another post under "Pure XL Android Development"), connect your phone to your computer, select Pure XL under BLU in WinDroid Toolkit, go to the Commands tab, and click Bootloader under the Reboot section, then follow step number two listed above.

Reactions: bemolx

tbirdguy

1. If you have adb working (for some reason in my case, my Pure XL doesn't want to be detected by it), then launch cmd in the same directory as adb and fastboot (SHIFT+Right Click) and use the command adb reboot bootloader to put it into the bootloader (don't worry about the tiny text on the bootloader screen saying stuff about security).

2. Then, after you put the TWRP recovery.img in the same folder, use the command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash TWRP back onto your device (not sure how you managed to corrupt/remove it in the first place).

3. If you don't have adb working (like me), download and use WinDroid Toolkit (which can be found on another post under "Pure XL Android Development"), connect your phone to your computer, select Pure XL under BLU in WinDroid Toolkit, go to the Commands tab, and click Bootloader under the Reboot section, then follow step number two listed above.

Fro no ADB, make sure you have debugging enabled in the dev options under settings (hidden menu you have to tap either kernel version or software version multiple times to unlock; i forget which, but its all over the forums and google...
Also if you have root (its unclear because you are saying you cannot get into recovery, and I honestly didnt read but the last post...) you can load terminal from play store and type "su"<enter> then "reboot recovery" <enter> and it will reboot into recovery

but Id look into the issue of the buttons not working, do they work fine else ware?

KingKe

Apr 16, 2016

Thanks I am up and running and all is well. I can't get the update because I originally rooted the phone before all hell broke loose. But thanks for the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg
    TeamWin's TWRP Touch Recovery for BLU Pure XL (and clones)
    https://twrp.me/​

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.​

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom ROM like OmniROM.​

Source to build TWRP you can find here.

SCREENSHOTS: HERE

Bugs:
    If you find any bug I haven't noticed, please go here and send me bug report. It would help me solving most problems in further builds.

Flashing instructions:
    Use Flashify, TWRP Manager or follow this thread.

WARNING!
    Code:
    This is custom recovery image.
    Wait for progress but don't ask for ETA - I have my own life too. 
    You are flashing it at your own risk - don't do it if you don't know what it's used for!
    I'm not responsible for earthquake, thermonuclear war or any damage on your phone. If you point finger at me for messing up your phone I'll laugh at you.

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]3.1.0[/B] 2017-03-18[LIST]
    [*]Release notes: [URL="https://twrp.me/site/update/2017/03/10/twrp-3.1.0-0-released.html"][link][/URL]
    [*]Fixed partitioning problems.
    [*]Added support for more partitions (/logo, /nvram etc.)
    [*]Fixed restoring backups.
    [*]Fixed CPU temp indicator.[/LIST]
    [B]3.0.2-0 Official [/B] 2016-04-05
    [LIST]
    [*]Release notes: [URL="https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/04/05/twrp-3.0.2-0-released.html"][link][/URL]
    [/LIST]
    [B]3.0.1-0 Official[/B] 2016-04-01 
    [LIST]
    [*]Release notes: [URL="https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/04/01/twrp-3.0.1-0-released.html"][link][/URL]
    [/LIST]
    [B]3.0.0-1 Official[/B] 2016-02-26 (on AndroidFileHost)
    [LIST]
    [*][B]Recovery is now STABLE in usage![/B]
    [*]Restoring backups is now [B]FIXED![/B]
    [*]Mounting to PC should be now [B]FIXED![/B]
    [*]Some improvments to code
    [/LIST]
    [B]3.0.0-0 Official[/B] 2016-02-20
    [LIST]
    [*]Added official support for this device
    [*]Nothing changed since last build
    [/LIST]
    [B]3.0.0-beta3[/B] 2016-02-07
    [LIST]
    [*][STRIKE]Fixed backup restoring issue[/STRIKE] Seems not to be fixed, will be working on it
    [*]Some iprovements
    [/LIST]
    [B]3.0.0-beta2[/B] 2016-02-07
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed partitions problem - TWRP sees & mounts them now
    [*]Fixed battery percentage indicator
    [/LIST]
    [B]3.0.0-beta1[/B] 2016-02-06
    [LIST]
    [*]Initial release
    [*]TWRP can't mount partitions, doesn't read storage
    [*]Any other bugs are related to problem mentioned above
    [*]TWRP boots and reboots correctly
    [/LIST]

Donwload: here (SourceForge)

Device tree: device_x2xtreme

Credits: Ethan Yonker aka Dees_Troy & whole TWRP Dev Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.1.0, Tool/Utility for the Blu Pure XL

Contributors
    bemolx
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.1.0-0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-03-18

Created 2016-02-06
    Last Updated 2017-04-03
    Hi all!
    I've managed to make the latest TWRP recovery in version 3.1.0. I'm sure this time nobody will have problems with partitioning and restoring backups! Fully tested. Everything is working now (even CPU temperature indicator :D ).
    Enjoy!
    Bugs & changelogs

What does work:
    • Everything.
    What doesn't work:

Look at changelog. Thank you

Hi all!
    I've managed to make the latest TWRP recovery in version 3.1.0. I'm sure this time nobody will have problems with partitioning and restoring backups! Fully tested. Everything is working now (even CPU temperature indicator :D ).
    Enjoy!

Tested: Everything is working!!!

Thank you so much :good: