LineageOS for BLU Pure XL - Discussion/Q&A

243 posts
Thanks Meter: 463
 
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS Logo

LineageOS for BLU Pure XL (MT6795)
Discussion and Q&A Thread

This is a Project Thread for LineageOS for BLU Pure XL. Project files and releases are hosted on SourceForge's servers.
Here you can ask for help and get fresh info about development status.

This project focuses on getting working LineageOS 14.1 for our phone. This would also work for other clones like Allview X2 Soul Xtreme, Condor Allure A100 and Gionee Elife E8.

LineageOS for BLU Pure XL - SourceForge
Here you will be able to review (Git integration) and download files. Also, there I will upload some screenshots. When the project reaches "Alpha" status I will create a development thread for the ROM itself in the Android Development section.

There you are also able to download the latest working TWRP 3.1.0-0 (the same is in this thread).

Usefull links:
If you think you like my work you can hit Thanks! button or consider small donation.
https://paypal.me/bemolx

More info soon...

Standard FAQ
  • When will be the new release?
    There is no ETA. Subscribe to the thread and wait.
  • Does it void warranty?
    Yes, it does!
  • What is working and what is not?
    The new thread will tell you. Soon.
  • Is it port? Please help porting...
    This is compiled from source code. You can use it as referrence.

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bemolx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bemolx Ad-Free
16th April 2017, 01:21 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I downloaded the zip file and flashed it but I still have not been successful in getting it to boot up.
16th April 2017, 02:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 463
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySquee

I downloaded the zip file and flashed it but I still have not been successful in getting it to boot up.

Yes, it's not booting, I know it. I've just uploaded it for testing purposes. When I get it booting, I will post some info.
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to bemolx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bemolx Ad-Free
25th April 2017, 10:58 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Any chance we will have a working ROM other than OEM , cause I have the Allview model and the ROM is piece of crap , and I want to sell the phone because I have enough to try to fix all the software crap on this phone (
3rd June 2017, 07:33 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Springfield
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemolx

Yes, it's not booting, I know it. I've just uploaded it for testing purposes. When I get it booting, I will post some info.
Cheers


Hows the fight going? I'd REALLY like to see a custom ROM booting on this phone before it becomes so old it doesn't matter anymore...

Keep us informed on the progress Belmolx, we appreciate your hard work!
15th June 2017, 02:47 AM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,774
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey I have a Blu Life One X2. I am a developer and have made some really good findings. I also built some tools (autoroot, toolkit, etc..).
We have an unofficial website here: http://www.blox2.com
I made my own rom, and so have a few others. We based it off the stock roms, as we cant get any other rom booting (except CM13; lots of bugs)
If possible, can you assist us? Like:
1. Did you port lineage or compile it? What guides did you follow (links please)?
2. Have you compiled the kernel? Our kernel will not boot no matter what (compiled with a ton of different toolchains too);
3. What device do you use for porting?
4. Do you have a /system RW crash (crash when mounting system as RW)?

Thanks!
20th June 2017, 12:15 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIURI2786

Any chance we will have a working ROM other than OEM , cause I have the Allview model and the ROM is piece of crap , and I want to sell the phone because I have enough to try to fix all the software crap on this phone (

hello @bemolx thanks thanks thanks sooooooo much for youur TWRP
I have the Allview X2 Soul Xtreme with LL 5.1 and i want to know if is possible to install thie lineage rom or a custom kernel.
I would like to optimize this phone can you help me?
What do you suggest me?
thaks so much
1st August 2017, 05:31 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Looks promising, I'll wait ...
Thanks for the effort
7th November 2017, 11:01 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
@bemolx has forgotten about this device and has moved on to other devices and in the process has left all of us hanging he pays more attention on other devices just look at his profile @bemolx has made huge promises but has lied to us uploading half ass things which are buggy and literally **** he's forgotten about all of us who were looking towards him but he doesnt care I understand that he's not our slave and doesnt have to do anything but making false promises and playing with the feelings of other people is also not a good thing
8th November 2017, 08:37 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 463
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbat1680

@bemolx has forgotten about this device and has moved on to other devices and in the process has left all of us hanging he pays more attention on other devices just look at his profile @bemolx has made huge promises but has lied to us uploading half ass things which are buggy and literally **** he's forgotten about all of us who were looking towards him but he doesnt care I understand that he's not our slave and doesnt have to do anything but making false promises and playing with the feelings of other people is also not a good thing

I understand your disappointment.
However, it's not that simple as you may think. As a student I have to focus on school subjects and it really takes pretty much my whole free time. Also, this school year I have to defend my diploma thesis and this is my main task to focus on as for now.
You've mentioned my work on other devices too - yeah, I have couple of them to play with. But it doesn't mean I forgot about Pure XL. Other devices are just easier to deal with than this freaking Chinese clone. All of them have been maintained at the same time. Source code is always available on my GitHub profile, wanna try yourself?
If I have been paid (don't mind, just an example) $1000, I would have made a working custom ROM in a week! But I'm not and this is only my intention to do so. As for a freelancer dev it's not that important thing. I promised the custom ROM, you'll see it, in the future, not now.
Anyway, what the hell you've been expecting with MTK-based Chinese clone from the company that doesn't care about their customers and has made one, maybe two OTAs...?
10th November 2017, 06:10 PM |#11  
You´re completely right. We thank you for your time and effort put to make this phone be more awesome. BLU is the big liar here. I don´t even use my phone as a Blu Pure XL, instead I use the X2Xtreme rom fully.
Take your time @bemolx and don´t mind what non-developers say in the forums, they´re always asking for ETAs and to make things better just for their daily use and dont know the effort put behind every custom thing made.
I really hope you succeed on your thesis (good) cheers man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemolx

I understand your disappointment.
However, it's not that simple as you may think. As a student I have to focus on school subjects and it really takes pretty much my whole free time. Also, this school year I have to defend my diploma thesis and this is my main task to focus on as for now.
You've mentioned my work on other devices too - yeah, I have couple of them to play with. But it doesn't mean I forgot about Pure XL. Other devices are just easier to deal with than this freaking Chinese clone. All of them have been maintained at the same time. Source code is always available on my GitHub profile, wanna try yourself?
If I have been paid (don't mind, just an example) $1000, I would have made a working custom ROM in a week! But I'm not and this is only my intention to do so. As for a freelancer dev it's not that important thing. I promised the custom ROM, you'll see it, in the future, not now.
Anyway, what the hell you've been expecting with MTK-based Chinese clone from the company that doesn't care about their customers and has made one, maybe two OTAs...?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes