LineageOS 14.1 R1_HD-port (NO CAMERA)......

Search This thread

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Initial place holder for lineageOS ported rom.

Ported from Vampirefo Life_Max rom

So far same methods to get camera to run on this rom have not worked.

ROM needs bug testing.

so far.
what works.

1. wifi
2. data.
3. gps.
4. microphone.
5. video playback
6. music streaming

NOT working
1. Camera
2. Bluetooth (when paired to BT video plays too fast and sounds like "chipmonk" also same for music- too fast)
work-around is to use mono-bt app. _-It will force stereo BT to play mono , but sound is at correct speed
3. Initial set-up wizzard will crash if you connect to network during set-up. Just skip wifi. I did it without simcard so cant be certain If cell data has same problem.

Of course the more I know the more I will try to update this.

Requirements:
Need to have bootloader unlocked
Need to have TWRP =>Latest TWRP 3.1.1

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS14.1 , ROM for the BLU R1 HD

Contributors
mrmazak, Vampirefo
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-06-19
Last Updated 2017-06-19

damnmachine

Mar 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.
For the record, GPS is *not* working for me on this current build. Also, setup completes fine over cellular. I also noticed that I am limited to 4G; not connecting to LTE.

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
For the record, GPS is *not* working for me on this current build. Also, setup completes fine over cellular. I also noticed that I am limited to 4G; not connecting to LTE.

I used the "gps test" app the see gps working, the first time connecting sometimes took about 2 minutes while inside. Also but default I see the fps toggle is off.

As for LTE, I'm thinking it's just an icon thing. Because I did a speed test and I'm getting 64M download which is LTE speed not h+ or 4g like it's showing

Last edited:
Reactions: damnmachine

damnmachine

Mar 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.
I used the "gps test" app the see gps working, the first time connecting sometimes took about 2 minutes while inside. Also but default I see the fps toggle is off.

As for LTE, I'm thinking it's just an icon thing. Because I did a speed test and I'm getting 64M download which is LTE speed not h+ or 4g like it's showing

Yeah, I should have done more testing before posting. GPS is working, it just took a little while to get a fix. :p

damnmachine

Mar 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.

Looks like it displays "4G" for LTE and "H+" for regular 4G. Also, has anyone attempted encryption on this build?

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Fwiw, I tried encryption. It appeared to go through the process normally but when the timer got to 00:00 it stayed there for roughly two hours until I decided something had gone wrong and gave up.
I have never heard of anyone wanting to encrypt a custom rom, I have zero zero desire to do it, but if I was going to do it, I would modify the boot.img to encrypt on boot just like stock roms do.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

TheBosZ

Mar 21, 2016
I successfully got the build up and going on my device.

I didn't see the note about not connecting to wi-fi during set up, but it seemed to work fine.

GPS seems to be working (the GPS test app shows 5 in use and maps has a circle around me).

My SD card isn't recognized and won't format. I can't figure out how to trigger it again to get the exact error message.

Have not put my SIM card in so haven't tested that stuff yet.

Edit: A reboot fixed the SD Card issue

Last edited:

TheBosZ

Mar 21, 2016
I'm on T-Mobile. LTE is doing something weird. LTE Discovery app reports me being on Band 1 (wut?) while SignalCheck Lite reports band 4 (as it should).

Icon says "4G".

Coming over the hills into work today, my data connection quit when it should've had LTE (maybe a band 12 issue?).

OpenCamera just says "failed to open camera. Is camera in use by another application?".

Bluetooth definitely has weird sound. How do I force it into mono?

Haven't made/received any phone calls. Had to update the T-Mobile APN to do MMS and Wi-fi hotspot.

Edit: successfully received a phone call and everything went well.

Another note: My "network" is just a bunch of numbers. This is displayed under the "Mobile data" icon in the notification shade and in the upper left on the notification bar. (I would expect it to say "T-Mobile" or something.)

Last edited:

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
I'm on T-Mobile. LTE is doing something weird. LTE Discovery app reports me being on Band 1 (wut?) while SignalCheck Lite reports band 4 (as it should).

Icon says "4G".

Coming over the hills into work today, my data connection quit when it should've had LTE (maybe a band 12 issue?).

OpenCamera just says "failed to open camera. Is camera in use by another application?".

Bluetooth definitely has weird sound. How do I force it into mono?

Haven't made/received any phone calls. Had to update the T-Mobile APN to do MMS and Wi-fi hotspot.

Edit: successfully received a phone call and everything went well.

Another note: My "network" is just a bunch of numbers. This is displayed under the "Mobile data" icon in the notification shade and in the upper left on the notification bar. (I would expect it to say "T-Mobile" or something.)

There is no working camera on this build.

bluetooth mono is an app you can find on play-store or f-droid

do not know about the network name, but I do know I had once used an exposed exploit app to modify that name to what ever I wanted it say. So not too big of a problem, I think.

TheBosZ

Mar 21, 2016
There is no working camera on this build.

bluetooth mono is an app you can find on play-store or f-droid

do not know about the network name, but I do know I had once used an exposed exploit app to modify that name to what ever I wanted it say. So not too big of a problem, I think.

Camera: no problem, I saw on some of the other ROMs that it was almost working so I thought I would just report what happens to me.

Bluetooth: Cool, I'll just look for an app.

Network name: I thought Xposed wasn't available for Nougat yet. Am I wrong? I'll look around and see if there's a Magisk Module to do the same thing. Not a big deal.

By the way, thanks for your work, I'm using it as my daily driver for now! (Got tired of waiting for a root solution on ZTE Zmax Pro.)

TheBosZ

Mar 21, 2016
Hi, can I use this ROM in my phone as daily driver?

I am, but I'm okay with the camera not working.

Only issues I've had:

• Bluetooth listening to music or videos is borked. Supposedly, getting a mono-bluetooth app will help but I haven't had luck (my car keeps thinking I'm constantly on a call).
  • When I'm using Reddit Is Fun, some gifs start playing Google Play Music in the background for some reason (could be a problem with RIF).
  • Network name is shown as "310260" instead of "T-Mobile".
  • Camera doesn't work (as noted already)

On the positive column, it's been fast and stable. Haven't had any crashes or other problems. I'm super happy with it!

overthc

Jan 26, 2015
I am, but I'm okay with the camera not working.

Only issues I've had:

• Bluetooth listening to music or videos is borked. Supposedly, getting a mono-bluetooth app will help but I haven't had luck (my car keeps thinking I'm constantly on a call).
  • When I'm using Reddit Is Fun, some gifs start playing Google Play Music in the background for some reason (could be a problem with RIF).
  • Network name is shown as "310260" instead of "T-Mobile".
  • Camera doesn't work (as noted already)

On the positive column, it's been fast and stable. Haven't had any crashes or other problems. I'm super happy with it!

Thanks @TheBosZ, Do I wanna know if the celular and data signal is stable? How is the battery consumption? and if there is spontaneous reboots?

To install it just flash the rom and gapps?

TKU...

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

@overthc I did for a while but then I switched to lineage 13 because the camera works on 13

Thanks @codyalan I ´d used it but was killing my battery.. so I back to stock.

Last edited:

TheBosZ

Mar 21, 2016
Cellular and data have been fine. There was a hiccup when I was driving into work the other day where I lost signal when I shouldn't have. I'm not sure that Band 12 is working (I'm on T-Mobile) but LTE seems to be working fine on Band 2 and 4.

I haven't noticed any problems with the battery consumption. I've been using it for a week or so and it lasts me all day.

I haven't had a single unexpected reboot. I have rebooted it a couple of times, but only because I was tinkering with Bluetooth and I wanted to make sure I was in a fresh state each time.

Reactions: overthc

overthc

Jan 26, 2015
Cellular and data have been fine. There was a hiccup when I was driving into work the other day where I lost signal when I shouldn't have. I'm not sure that Band 12 is working (I'm on T-Mobile) but LTE seems to be working fine on Band 2 and 4.

I haven't noticed any problems with the battery consumption. I've been using it for a week or so and it lasts me all day.

I haven't had a single unexpected reboot. I have rebooted it a couple of times, but only because I was tinkering with Bluetooth and I wanted to make sure I was in a fresh state each time.

@TheBosZ Good... Did you flash the stock opengapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Initial place holder for lineageOS ported rom.

Ported from Vampirefo Life_Max rom

So far same methods to get camera to run on this rom have not worked.

ROM needs bug testing.

so far.
    what works.

1. wifi
    2. data.
    3. gps.
    4. microphone.
    5. video playback
    6. music streaming

NOT working
    1. Camera
    2. Bluetooth (when paired to BT video plays too fast and sounds like "chipmonk" also same for music- too fast)
    work-around is to use mono-bt app. _-It will force stereo BT to play mono , but sound is at correct speed
    3. Initial set-up wizzard will crash if you connect to network during set-up. Just skip wifi. I did it without simcard so cant be certain If cell data has same problem.

Of course the more I know the more I will try to update this.

Requirements:
    Need to have bootloader unlocked
    Need to have TWRP =>Latest TWRP 3.1.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS14.1 , ROM for the BLU R1 HD

Contributors
    mrmazak, Vampirefo
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-06-19
    Last Updated 2017-06-19

Is there any hope for a Nougat update for the R1 HD? I just got this device.
    A n update where all the hardware works, that is.
    I wouldn't hold your breath... Blu doesn't have a good track record when it comes to updating their phones. But they have promised Nougat for the phone when it came out but so far nothing ?