FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,552

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 1st August 2016, 07:31 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the BLU R1 HD's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

17th August 2016, 05:34 PM |#2  
Flag Laurence Harbor, NJ
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Good very small drop while not being used, even when loaded up with apps.
21st September 2016, 06:32 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I experience pretty bad battery drain on idle. Basically, if I leave my phone alone without turning on the screen, it would be fully drained in about 30 hours.
I've reset the phone many times but phone idle always remain as the top battery draining app. averaging about 100 mah per hour constantly.
21st September 2016, 10:46 PM |#4  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l33chpda

I experience pretty bad battery drain on idle. Basically, if I leave my phone alone without turning on the screen, it would be fully drained in about 30 hours.
I've reset the phone many times but phone idle always remain as the top battery draining app. averaging about 100 mah per hour constantly.

Exactly this! My phone uses more battery while on standby than with the screen on watching things! I don't understand this behavior. Powernap + Greenify + Amplify doesn't solve it either, even the things that keep it "awake" are hibernated and also delayed by Amplify. Wakelock detector doesn't even detect any apps that are running during standby either. Also, I have no bad signal because it is always on full bars or 1 less than full.

If anyone figures it out I would love to know how to solve it.
22nd September 2016, 05:42 AM |#5  
I get this too. Im trying to debloat the rom of some apps that seem a little suspicious. Will do this tonight. Already backed up my current system partition in case I break something. Wish me luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex_XV6700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex_XV6700 Ad-Free
22nd September 2016, 10:05 AM |#6  
Flag West Palm Beach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_XV6700

I get this too. Im trying to debloat the rom of some apps that seem a little suspicious. Will do this tonight. Already backed up my current system partition in case I break something. Wish me luck!

Tell us how it goes. I have actually converted the Amazon ROM to the OEM version, however, that doesn't fix the problem.
22nd September 2016, 10:08 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher876

Tell us how it goes. I have actually converted the Amazon ROM to the OEM version, however, that doesn't fix the problem.

Me too. And I have debloted OEM rom to what I consider closest to slim or stock. We'll see later how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex_XV6700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex_XV6700 Ad-Free
22nd September 2016, 04:49 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i've pretty much ran the Prime version debloated or the OEM debloated, same thing. I think it has to do with the phone radio and Android 6?
When I put it on airplane mode with only WIFI turned on, phone idle isn't as bad.
23rd September 2016, 12:41 AM |#9  
Maybe its kernel controlled? Have u tried flashing the 6.6 updates radio.img? Does it contain one? I only used prime to power on the phone from then on only OEM version debloated. And as you say its always consuming batt on idle. I'll give airplane mode a try today.
23rd September 2016, 10:14 AM |#10  
Flag West Palm Beach

More
Alright, I have just installed the xposed module "MobileRadioActiveFix" so this will confirm if it is in fact the data that's impacting standby battery. However, not too sure because "Intelligent Battery Saving" does disable data over time and the draining is still happening in that mode.

Anyways, I'm going to be testing this and report back. @l33chpda @Alex_XV6700
23rd September 2016, 03:51 PM |#11  
Flag West Palm Beach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_XV6700

Maybe its kernel controlled? Have u tried flashing the 6.6 updates radio.img? Does it contain one? I only used prime to power on the phone from then on only OEM version debloated. And as you say its always consuming batt on idle. I'll give airplane mode a try today.

I figured it out, I was monitoring the CPU states and the CPU is not using a hot plug. It nevers makes a core go offline even when the screen is off and it will ramp up while the screen is off because there doesn't seem to be a cap when the screen is off.

I think the only way that we are fixing this is if someone makes a kernel with a hot plug in it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)