Inquiry about OPPO R7plusf update!

Search This thread

Meroslave

Dec 12, 2014
Hi guys,
I hope all of you are fine, now after more than one year of usage of OPPO R7Plusf which was really amazing, it seems like OPPO has no plans to upgrade our phones, when I purchased my device a ColorOS version 2.0 was installed already and recently, it was upgraded to ColorOS version 2.1.0i (based on 5.1.1 Android Lollipop). Nowadays, all of us heard about the Nougat upgrade when we still dreaming with Marshmallow!!
So please, any suggestions for a custom ROM (tested) to upgrade my OPPO phone to Nougat version with no usual known errors or bugs. I will be grateful.

Notice: I contacted both customer support (the local one and the international) and I received the usual formal disappointed answer: "we will inform you when the update is available", which I think it will not be.
So thanks

ccrocks426

Jan 30, 2017
Depends what you like

I currently use Resurrection remix on mine however there are some issues with apps force closing is my main one. Lineage OS also had issues for me with bluetooth causing the phone the reboot over and over. CM 13 was the best but I can't find any download links for it any more (rip CM) I think they both have updates coming outside but I recommend trying some out and then making a decision. Also if your phone is on one of the latest oppo updates (one of the 2016 updates) you'll have to downgrade to a 2015 software as they locked the bootloader so you won't be able to root! It's easy to do just find an old firmware from the internet (I would post links but I can't, also has to be a 2015 one) turn off the phone and turn it back on whilst holding down the volume down button and then go install and install the old firmware and then follow any guides on the internet for installing custom ROMs
Hope this helped

Reactions: timecop81

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding

Lol, yeah. There is not much traffic here, but the R7Plusf is still awesome and up to date. Mainly due to good people at LineageOS keeping the device fresh.
I don't have serious issues with AICP on Nougat. No reboots. It is build "on top of" LineageOS, but have more features plus a working theming system. Latest build uploaded today.
Try RR, AICP and LineageOS and see what you like. Wait with Lineage untill the next release (current is Feb 14), if you want to avoid reboots.

Reactions: rch.aj34 and kishd

Meroslave

Dec 12, 2014
I currently use Resurrection remix on mine however there are some issues with apps force closing is my main one. Lineage OS also had issues for me with bluetooth causing the phone the reboot over and over. CM 13 was the best but I can't find any download links for it any more (rip CM) I think they both have updates coming outside but I recommend trying some out and then making a decision. Also if your phone is on one of the latest oppo updates (one of the 2016 updates) you'll have to downgrade to a 2015 software as they locked the bootloader so you won't be able to root! It's easy to do just find an old firmware from the internet (I would post links but I can't, also has to be a 2015 one) turn off the phone and turn it back on whilst holding down the volume down button and then go install and install the old firmware and then follow any guides on the internet for installing custom ROMs
Hope this helped
So, you recommend the CM13 in case it's available?
And what's the cons and pros?

Meroslave

Dec 12, 2014
Lol, yeah. There is not much traffic here, but the R7Plusf is still awesome and up to date. Mainly due to good people at LineageOS keeping the device fresh.
I don't have serious issues with AICP on Nougat. No reboots. It is build "on top of" LineageOS, but have more features plus a working theming system. Latest build uploaded today.
Try RR, AICP and LineageOS and see what you like. Wait with Lineage untill the next release (current is Feb 14), if you want to avoid reboots.

Sure I will try one of your recommendations, but all I was afraid of was the disappointed bugs after updat such as battery drain, camera errors, wifi issues ... etc. Of course my ColorOS became boring to me, but still stable with no errors
Any pros or cons for those above I will be great full
:)

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
Sure I will try one of your recommendations, but all I was afraid of was the disappointed bugs after updat such as battery drain, camera errors, wifi issues ... etc. Of course my ColorOS became boring to me, but still stable with no errors
Any pros or cons for those above I will be great full
:)

Battery drain on MM has improved compared to Lollipop and N has improved over MM. With 4 email accounts running (on Aqua Mail) and Location on "High accuracy", Viber messenger and other stuff running, I had not much drain on AICP 11 (MM). Drain during night with Location on "Device" was 0.5% per hour. On MM and especially N, you have many ways in settings you can fine tune battery drain. Many apps are automatically shut down when not in use. You can decide which to limit and which to keep running when phone is off. Without extra apps (as ColorOS has), you can limit what apps are allowed to do and see. All built into the system.
A final word on drain: With Googles and others services running all the time, tracking everything you do, some drain is expected. Luckily this can be turned off by you :)

The number one reason to upgrade in these hacker friendly times: N is updated with much improved security. Updated every month with the latest security patches.

For me, AICP 11 is error free. The latest MM builds are complete in features and practically error free. Features are still being merged one at the time on N, but is useable as is now with only some minor issues.

I have not tried RR. My guess is that it has more features than AICP, but also more issues.

Lineage is the mother of all, I expect it to be stable with a good set of features.

All the N builds have more or less issues with speaker-phone. It may or may not bother you (or the person in the other end). MM was not affected as much as N, for some unknown reason.

Last edited:

supriyo_rana

Jun 28, 2016
i am beginer

i have oppo r7 plus f. tried the auto root tool but ended up hard bricking my phone. i am a beginer and i do not have much knowledge .
want to install lineage os on my oppo r7 plus f please tell me some easy ways.
Hi guys,
I hope all of you are fine, now after more than one year of usage of OPPO R7Plusf which was really amazing, it seems like OPPO has no plans to upgrade our phones, when I purchased my device a ColorOS version 2.0 was installed already and recently, it was upgraded to ColorOS version 2.1.0i (based on 5.1.1 Android Lollipop). Nowadays, all of us heard about the Nougat upgrade when we still dreaming with Marshmallow!!
So please, any suggestions for a custom ROM (tested) to upgrade my OPPO phone to Nougat version with no usual known errors or bugs. I will be grateful.

Notice: I contacted both customer support (the local one and the international) and I received the usual formal disappointed answer: "we will inform you when the update is available", which I think it will not be.
So thanks

DooganAU

Apr 11, 2013
i have oppo r7 plus f. tried the auto root tool but ended up hard bricking my phone. i am a beginer and i do not have much knowledge .

Rana, first I'm sure you have been a good phone user and your Oppo R7 plus is upto date, unfortunately this is a problem. So first thing you need to do (Assuming you have unbricked your phone) is find a older version of the genuine R7+ firmware. Preferably some time between 2015- mid2016. The reason for this is OPPO locked the bootloader on later versions, these earlier versions are what the autoroot tool was designed to work on. Once you have this firmware, flash through recovery (provided you still have genuine OPPO recovery), if not you also need to flash this. Once you have the older firmware on your phone you should be able to proceed as usual steps to install lineage on your phone using typical walkthroughs.

Reactions: supriyo_rana

supriyo_rana

Jun 28, 2016
what to do next?

Rana, first I'm sure you have been a good phone user and your Oppo R7 plus is upto date, unfortunately this is a problem. So first thing you need to do (Assuming you have unbricked your phone) is find a older version of the genuine R7+ firmware. Preferably some time between 2015- mid2016. The reason for this is OPPO locked the bootloader on later versions, these earlier versions are what the autoroot tool was designed to work on. Once you have this firmware, flash through recovery (provided you still have genuine OPPO recovery), if not you also need to flash this. Once you have the older firmware on your phone you should be able to proceed as usual steps to install lineage on your phone using typical walkthroughs.
thanks for your reply
yeah i went to the ofiicial service centre for the unbricking , noy it is working fine with letest firmware . now according to you i should downgrade the firmware . but how to do it ? should i do it via oppo stock recovery? or via the local update option of system updater in the menu?

bu11et

Jun 20, 2017
thanks for your reply
yeah i went to the ofiicial service centre for the unbricking , noy it is working fine with letest firmware . now according to you i should downgrade the firmware . but how to do it ? should i do it via oppo stock recovery? or via the local update option of system updater in the menu?

i have the same concern also. Can someone please provide a step by step instruction on how to downgrade the firmware to the old version?

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
thanks for your reply

i have the same concern also. Can someone please provide a step by step instruction on how to downgrade the firmware to the old version?

Try here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73786100&postcount=139

x_master1987

Oct 23, 2017
unlock bootloader still stuck..

Hi Guys..
First i don't know if i am posting this in right thread or not... but I need help... after lots of search i couldn't find anything to unlock my oppo R7 plus running r7plusEx_11_160922 on color os 2.1.o1 android 5.1.1.. As per my study the first thing I need to do it unlock bootloader, then do TWRP, then install any custom rom. (Please correct me if m wrong). Now please tell me how can i unlock my bootloader when I dont have access to fastboot by pressing power and Volume + key. Is there some other way. I have also tried the adb version 1.4.3 to get to the fastboot mode but it restarts my mobile to lock screen.

kishd

Oct 25, 2011
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi Guys..
First i don't know if i am posting this in right thread or not... but I need help... after lots of search i couldn't find anything to unlock my oppo R7 plus running r7plusEx_11_160922 on color os 2.1.o1 android 5.1.1.. As per my study the first thing I need to do it unlock bootloader, then do TWRP, then install any custom rom. (Please correct me if m wrong). Now please tell me how can i unlock my bootloader when I dont have access to fastboot by pressing power and Volume + key. Is there some other way. I have also tried the adb version 1.4.3 to get to the fastboot mode but it restarts my mobile to lock screen.
Download this rom https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmh77xyinz2iero/R7plusfEX_11_OTA_012_all_201512251816.zip?dl=0. Place it in your internal drive and flash it. It will install the ColorOS with an unlockable bootloader.

supriyo_rana

Jun 28, 2016
Even I'm facing the same issue. There are no such methods available on internet. I have ended bricking phone several times. Because since the last update oppo had limited tho access to bootloader. And the phone OPPO r7 plus f is quite old now so there's no people dealing with the issue. The only methods remain is to downgrade the firmware and repay the process again. Better look for some firmware version around mid 2015-2016early. I read somewhere that has access to bootloader. I haven't tried it personally but I hope the methods will work. Please let me know whatever the result is..

supriyo_rana

Jun 28, 2016
need your help badly

Hope this helped
please pm me your email . i have an oppo r7 plus f (the international version ) and i do not have much knowledge about the rooting and installing custom recovery. and since oppo has closed the bootloader now please tell me which rom to download for downgrading( if possible please provide the link) and then how to flash the custom roms and which rom is best for oppo r7 plus? which one are you using?

supriyo_rana

Jun 28, 2016

Where can i find the 2015 firmware for oppo r7 plus f

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Depends what you like

Hope this helped