Heart Rate Monitor Build

Search This thread

CahLey

Jan 30, 2018
I am a beginner with the Raspberry PI, and have been challenged by my teacher concerning a project that I am working on. I plan on building a heart rate monitor that can be used by automobile drivers and will find out when the drivers become drowsy their heart rate will drop. Once the heart rate has dropped below a certain point a buzz motor will begin making a buzzing noise to alert the drowsy driver to keep them from having an accident.
I already have the plans to build the heart rate monitor and also have the plans to build the buzz motor, but I don't know how to connect the two. I'm looking for some sort of equation that when the heart rate gets to a certain level that the buzz motor will become active. My STEM teacher likes the idea, but doesn't really know how to help any more, and is saying that I may have to scratch the project and try to develop something new. I don't want to put anyone on a time schedule because I know everyone's time is valuable and I appreciate any help or direction that anyone could provide. Thanks in advance.

Robert56th

Mar 31, 2015
there are many tutorials about the heart rate monitor sensors in google. you might want to use a microcontroller instead of a rpi