FORUMS

APTX in stock rom

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By Craftingmod, Junior Member on 26th July 2019, 08:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1. Install arter kernel & Magisk

2. Remove /vendor/overlay/RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk using your favorite explorer - This overlay disables APTX

3. Open /vendor/build.prop using your favorite explorer and search "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc" and delete line.
After that, add quote to bottom line. and Save.
Quote:

#
# Addon
#
persist.vendor.btstack.enable.twsplus=true
# This is not from code.
persist.vendor.btstack.connect.peer_earbud=true
persist.vendor.btstack.enable.splita2dp=true
persist.vendor.service.bt.bca=true
persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aptx-aptxtws-aptxhd-aac-ldac

4. Install "APTX for Android Ore & Pie" from magisk manager (slide left to right -> Downloads -> Search -> Install) and reboot

5. PROFIT

This also enables APTX-TWS (Qualcomm TWS Plus) but I didn't test it because I have no device.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Craftingmod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Craftingmod Ad-Free
26th July 2019, 10:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Holy sh*t, that really works! I've been searching for a solution to that for such a looong time...
Btw, I took the "APTX for Android Ore & Pie"-Module and added your props to the system.prop inside of that module and then I added an empty dummy of RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk into the (has to be created) folder /vendor/overlay/ inside of the module's /system folder. That way it is systemless and therefore doesn't make any problems regarding AVB, safetynet and whatnotelse
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_brad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_brad Ad-Free
26th July 2019, 12:29 PM |#3  
Flag Elizabeth, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Thank you so much OP and The Brad. Your method and Brad's systemless is the best combo. In android 9 we don't have AAC, anyway to add those libraries as well?
26th July 2019, 09:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Does this whole process need rooting? (i'm very new to android space and don't know much about its advantages & disadvantages. Staying away for now since it's just a week old phone.)
27th July 2019, 04:00 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_brad

Holy sh*t, that really works! I've been searching for a solution to that for such a looong time...
Btw, I took the "APTX for Android Ore & Pie"-Module and added your props to the system.prop inside of that module and then I added an empty dummy of RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk into the (has to be created) folder /vendor/overlay/ inside of the module's /system folder. That way it is systemless and therefore doesn't make any problems regarding AVB, safetynet and whatnotelse

How was the dummy apk created?
27th July 2019, 08:06 AM |#6  

More
On the phone by using solid explorer (every other file explorer should do as well). I create a new file an name it RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk and that's it. I would attach it here but obviously apk and zip files are not allowed.

Gesendet von meinem Phone 2 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to the_brad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_brad Ad-Free
27th July 2019, 08:19 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

On the phone by using solid explorer (every other file explorer should do as well). I create a new file an name it RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk and that's it. I would attach it here but obviously apk and zip files are not allowed.

Did you delete this line also ?persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc
27th July 2019, 09:59 AM |#8  

More
Nope, because you add it in the system.prop and magisk then overwrites any existing props.

28th July 2019, 11:55 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

Hey Brad! Does this whole process need rooting? (i'm very new to android space and don't know much about its advantages & disadvantages. Staying away for now since it's just a week old phone.)
28th July 2019, 12:22 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyarali

Hey Brad! Does this whole process need rooting? (i'm very new to android space and don't know much about its advantages & disadvantages. Staying away for now since it's just a week old phone.)

Yes, it needs rooting which includes unlocking your bootloader (which deletes all your data on your phone!!!) and installing magisk. If you don't know much about that process, you better read some basic tutorials first
28th July 2019, 12:28 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Yes, it needs rooting which includes unlocking your bootloader (which deletes all your data on your phone!!!) and installing magisk. If you don't know much about that process, you better read some basic tutorials first

Cool thanks man! Just another quick question - what are we losing by rooting (warranty aside)? OTA updates maybe; what else?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)