FORUMS

Motorola XT890 Flashing Problem

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Junofirst, Junior Member on 7th January 2019, 09:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello im looking for the firmware for flashing with RSD Lite with the following phone.

My phone is stuck on the red moto logo screen and needs flashing with new software, i can boot it into AP Fastboot Mode, don't know if it is bootloader unlocked, it won't seem to install the flash from original OEM version's such as jellybean using RSD Lite.

I did a OTA update via the phone's system to Kitkat,

The Kitkat OEM flashing file for RSD Lite does not seem to be available for the unit after searching for it on the web,

System Version
990.43.74.XT890.Retail.en.GB

Model number
MOTOROLA RAZR I

Android version
4.4.2

Build number
KIA20.74

when i flash the phone with the stock firmware rom im getting the following,

fastboot reason: flash failure
Fastboot: max dowload size 100mb
USB connected
Getvar max-download-size
downloading...
downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT
fastboot commnd failed
8th January 2019, 10:59 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Tucuman
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello,
here you will find the rom for your smartphone
https: // firmware.center
5th March 2019, 01:22 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sercari

Hello,
here you will find the rom for your smartphone
https: // firmware.center

What file is the right one?

I have issue now with my battery not keeping charge and I already wasted money on a new battery and it's do the samething.

What is the exact name of the firmware and is it possible with RSD?
6th March 2019, 12:00 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Does anyone ever look at these Threads anymore?
8th March 2019, 09:28 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallyS

Does anyone ever look at these Threads anymore?

Hi is the battery a motorola original, or a chinese branded one off ebay ? and what firmware are you running on the phone ?
9th March 2019, 02:14 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junofirst

Hi is the battery a motorola original, or a chinese branded one off ebay ? and what firmware are you running on the phone ?

The Original was the one which came with it, and it was going mad, 0%, 65% 97% 15% off , back on etc.

Then I ordered one off Ebay and it doing same, it is Chinese brand I would think.

The problem I got is, I flashed the XT890 back when the EU version was the only GB closest, since no GB version of 4.4.2.

Now when I try RSD Lite to reflash or go back to 4.1 it fails.

I had a folder with the Items back from 2013 or 2104 maybe, but can't remember the process and so I need to Unroot?

I have tried putting FW on SD but it fails there too.
11th March 2019, 01:57 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallyS

The Original was the one which came with it, and it was going mad, 0%, 65% 97% 15% off , back on etc.

Then I ordered one off Ebay and it doing same, it is Chinese brand I would think.

The problem I got is, I flashed the XT890 back when the EU version was the only GB closest, since no GB version of 4.4.2.

Now when I try RSD Lite to reflash or go back to 4.1 it fails.

I had a folder with the Items back from 2013 or 2104 maybe, but can't remember the process and so I need to Unroot?

I have tried putting FW on SD but it fails there too.

Hello you could a have a look at this thread about your battery issue,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2198774

What i have learned is that you can not downgrade the firmware if it is older than the current software on the phone.

So if you have android KITKAT 4.4.2. you cannot flash to jellybean or ice cream sandwich and they are the only firmwares available at the firmware centre.

If you have a unlocked bootloader it is possible to reflash downgraded firmware but do so at your own risk !

Have you tried the Motorola app called Smart Actions for battery ?

You could try to intstall this firmware software from your SD card, using TWRP,

Blur_Version.990.43.74.XT890.Retail.en.EU.zip?dl=0

and this one too,

KIA20.74STOCK

11th March 2019, 03:23 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junofirst

Hello you could a have a look at this thread about your battery issue,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2198774

What i have learned is that you can not downgrade the firmware if it is older than the current software on the phone.

So if you have android KITKAT 4.4.2. you cannot flash to jellybean or ice cream sandwich and they are the only firmwares available at the firmware centre.

If you have a unlocked bootloader it is possible to reflash downgraded firmware but do so at your own risk !

Have you tried the Motorola app called Smart Actions for battery ?

You could try to intstall this firmware software from your SD card, using TWRP,

Blur_Version.990.43.74.XT890.Retail.en.EU.zip?dl=0

and this one too,

KIA20.74STOCK

I don't see the links, did you link them right?

I had 2015-02-03--12-50-05 KIA20.74 , but it wouldn't accept it via fastboot.

What is TWRP?

I've been to that Thread before and many other's but they are all old and none working links.
11th March 2019, 05:18 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallyS

I don't see the links, did you link them right?

I had 2015-02-03--12-50-05 KIA20.74 , but it wouldn't accept it via fastboot.

What is TWRP?

I've been to that Thread before and many other's but they are all old and none working links.

Here is the link to KITKAT,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4np6wx9enw...en.EU.zip?dl=0
12th March 2019, 12:46 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junofirst

Here is the link to KITKAT,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4np6wx9enw...en.EU.zip?dl=0

I have this already, but when I put on SD and goto Fastboot and choose install from SD, it fails.

This is why I have been asking what is the process?

I get libwvphoneApi.so unexpected contents
12th March 2019, 11:38 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallyS

I have this already, but when I put on SD and goto Fastboot and choose install from SD, it fails.

This is why I have been asking what is the process?

I get libwvphoneApi.so unexpected contents

When you said early in the post that you have changed the firmware on the system motherboard (The problem I got is, I flashed the XT890 back when the EU version was the only GB closest, since no GB version of 4.4.2.) how did you flash the phone with KITKAT EU ? did you do it with system menu OTA update via the internet ? or did you flash it with firmware from a file downloaded from the internet ?
I think the problem will be the firmware that you installed because when you flash firmware you need the serial number from under the battery or where the number is located to get the right version of software for the phone.
It has to be the same or newer for it to work properly, or the phone to operate correctly.
So you could only downgrade the phone to the original stock rom firmware for it to operate and function correctly.

Is the bootloader locked or unlocked ? because with a locked bootloader you will not be'able to downgrade to original stock rom firmware. With locked, the firmware is stuck as it is unless it is original stock rom on the system motherboard which you can easy reflash with RSD lite recovery software.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes