iOS

0 Vote(s)
0%

[4.4.+] [ROOT] Custom Emojis for Android

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I dont think I will update this thread anymore, I have just noticed that you can just get an app form the Play Sore (Emoji Switcher) and it simply does all the work in the app. So, if there is new emojis or somthing, please use the app, this thread will probably not be updated but please feel free to use these ttf files if you like.

Code:
*** Disclaimer***
These emojis have only been tested on the Motorola Razr i. 
Other reported compatible devices are listed in the supported devices section. 
If your device is not listed, try these at your own risk.
Intro
This is a simple file to change emojis from the Android blobs. The range includes Emoji One (My favourite), Twitter, iOS, LG & Samsung. Please see screenshots below for preview. Please note that this is not an app. It is simply a file that you can replace the original android one with. Also, this has not been tested with stock 4.4.2. If you would like an emoji set, also feel free to post a reply and I will try to get it working!

Supported Devices
  • Motorola Razr i (CM11)
  • If you tried this and it worked on your device, report it as a reply and I will add it do this list
Previews
Here are some previews of the emojis.
Emoji One:

(Not all emojis will show (I dont think))

Twitter:

iOS:

LG:

Samsung:

To see screenshots of these emojis in action, go here!

Installation:
It is very simple. Simply choose your emoji from the pictures above and download the correct file form below. Then place the file on your device and replace the file in /system/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf . Then set permissions to -rw-r--r--. If you need help with that step, see the image here for help. If your emojis are not changed, please reboot. If you have any further trouble, download the file again and make sure you follow the steps carefully. If you need any further help or assistance, feel free to post a reply below.

Changelog
Code:
19th February
  • Updated Emoji One TTF file - New winter update (includes all 2016 emoji)
  • NEW EMOJI ONE WILL PUT NEW EMOJIS ON KITKAT THAT GOOGLE ONLY ADDED IN MARSHMALLOW
  • Updated stock ttf file (has marshmallow emojis)
22nd December
  • Updated emoji one ttf file
1st November
  • Changed misleading iOS preview
29th September
  • Added Samsung & LG emoji
  • Added original google emoji
28th September
  • Started project
Thanks and credits
  • gonsa
  • The Emoji One team

Downloads:
Emoji One: Mirror 1
iOS: Mirror 1
Twitter: Mirror 1
Samsung: Mirror 1
LG: Mirror 1
Google: Mirror 1

Mirror 2
If you choose to use Mirror 2, please remember to rename the downloaded file to NotoColorEmoji.ttf . If you don't do this, your emojis will not work.
Go here

Reverting
If you would like to revert back to the original google emojis, download the google emoji file from Mirror 1 or 2 and do the same process again.

Enjoy
-Jev

XDA:DevDB Information
[4.4+] [ROOT] Custom Emojis for Android, Theme for the Motorola RAZR i

Contributors
jevtheboss

Version Information

Created 2015-10-28
Last Updated 2016-02-06
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jevtheboss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jevtheboss Ad-Free
13th December 2015, 04:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,536

More
any update on new emoji one?
21st December 2015, 09:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

any update on new emoji one?

Hi,
If you mean the new 2016 collection, these cannot be ported as android will only replace emojis already there eg. Android smiley face -> emoji one smiley face. I don't think there is a way to add these to the ttf file.

EDIT: I have just noticed that the emojis on emoji one have changed slightly. I will upload new version. I dont know if the 2016 collection will show, I no longer have the device so I cant test it.

Jev
The Following User Says Thank You to jevtheboss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jevtheboss Ad-Free
6th February 2016, 11:51 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

More
Sorry I was wrong. I have just rooted my new phone and tried the new emojis, the new 2016 collection does show up. Sorry for the confusion. I dont think I will update this thread anymore, I have just noticed that you can just get an app form the Play Sore (Emoji Switcher) and it simply does all the work in the app. So, if there is new emojis or somthing, please use the app, this thread will probably not be updated.

-Jev
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)