Thanks Meter: 2

By cocoon_zz, Junior Member on 21st August 2019, 03:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Official A16 ozip was released yesterday:
realme.com/support/software-update
My working flow is as follows:
1. Extract boot.img and vbmeta.img from the converted zip
2. Use Magisk to patch the boot.img , we got magisk_patched.img
3. fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and reboot. However, in this method it says
the current image (boot/recovery) have benn destroyed and can not boot
4. I asked others, they said I have to flash vbmeta.img too. So I used ./fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img. This time, when booting, it just turns black (Under normal circantance, it will show a yellow REALME logo, however not appearing in this method)

3rd September 2019, 10:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon_zz

Official A16 ozip was released yesterday:
realme.com/support/software-update
My working flow is as follows:
1. Extract boot.img and vbmeta.img from the converted zip
2. Use Magisk to patch the boot.img , we got magisk_patched.img
3. fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and reboot. However, in this method it says
the current image (boot/recovery) have benn destroyed and can not boot
4. I asked others, they said I have to flash vbmeta.img too. So I used ./fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img. This time, when booting, it just turns black (Under normal circantance, it will show a yellow REALME logo, however not appearing in this method)

Upload a video
7th September 2019, 07:47 PM |#3  

More
Hi, I have twrp on the rmx1901cn (Chinese version), can I use the converted zip to image my phone back to its original state using twrp? I don't mind getting back to Chinese stock ROM anymore.
Also, I only have access to TWRP and boot loader now.
8th September 2019, 10:11 AM |#4  

More
Please provide some more hints. I'm stuck at the same spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyRealme

Hi, I have twrp on the rmx1901cn (Chinese version), can I use the converted zip to image my phone back to its original state using twrp? I don't mind getting back to Chinese stock ROM anymore.
Also, I only have access to TWRP and boot loader now.

I've got a little further. I converted the ozip to zip. Extracted the boot.img from the converted file. Flashed boot.img to the phone. and flashed vbmeta.img using the same commands as cocoon_zz.

I'm getting the same black screen as cocoon_zz. I haven't use Magisk but the stock rom is okay by me. Can you guys please give some hints on how to get pass the black screen after the realme logo?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)