FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Super Vooc 50W Charger Purchase

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By deadneon, Senior Member on 14th November 2019, 03:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm starting this thread as a reference for people who might be interested in where to purchase a fast charger for their phone.
I'm currently struggling to find any information about where to buy a fast charger, since I bought the Neptune Blue version (12GB/256GB) and the only option was an EU charger, although I need a UK one. I know that we can use adaptors, but that's not a long term, optimal solution.
So I have a couple of questions for the good people in here:
  • Does anyone know where to buy original Supervooc 50W charger ?
  • Any recommendations on similarly charging 3 party chargers ?
  • Does the OnePlus Warp/Dash chargers work for the X2 Pro? Any tests on that?
Please do not hesitate to add your experience with Oppo's proprietary charging technology.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadneon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadneon Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 03:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadneon

I'm starting this thread as a reference for people who might be interested in where to purchase a fast charger for their phone.
I'm currently struggling to find any information about where to buy a fast charger, since I bought the Neptune Blue version (12GB/256GB) and the only option was an EU charger, although I need a UK one. I know that we can use adaptors, but that's not a long term, optimal solution.
So I have a couple of questions for the good people in here:
Does anyone know where to buy original Supervooc 50W charger ?
Any recommendations on similarly charging 3 party chargers ?
Does the OnePlus Warp/Dash chargers work for the X2 Pro? Any tests on that?

Please do not hesitate to add your experience with Oppo's proprietary charging technology.

All I've found ships from China tho

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223694317524
15th November 2019, 02:57 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipcamel

All I've found ships from China tho

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223694317524

Exactly, it seems that Oppo haven't prepared to sell those chargers separately and the only places you can find is a 3rd party from China.
Although I'm interested if anyone has tested maybe a OnePlus Warp/Dash charger.
16th November 2019, 12:25 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadneon

Exactly, it seems that Oppo haven't prepared to sell those chargers separately and the only places you can find is a 3rd party from China.
Although I'm interested if anyone has tested maybe a OnePlus Warp/Dash charger.

Here I am! Proud owner of a OP3 since 3 days ago, switched to a 12/256 x2 pro.
I just tried, as per your request, to use the Dash op charger and in the home, I get the VOOC logo while in charge. Not that bad, but definitely not a superVOOC. It charges the phone quicker than any ordinary, yet overvolted charger, but not comparable to superVOOC.
My 2 cents
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylordTheuZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KaylordTheuZ Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 11:42 AM |#5  
Flag Aix en provence
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylordTheuZ

Here I am! Proud owner of a OP3 since 3 days ago, switched to a 12/256 x2 pro.
I just tried, as per your request, to use the Dash op charger and in the home, I get the VOOC logo while in charge. Not that bad, but definitely not a superVOOC. It charges the phone quicker than any ordinary, yet overvolted charger, but not comparable to superVOOC.
My 2 cents

How many seconds of charge per percent of battery ?
I think mine is not as quick as before, since a power outtage at home, very strange..

Almost 40 seconds per percent, so definitely not the 30min for the 100% announced.

Are you supposed to be able to see the Super VOOC logo while charging full speed ?
16th November 2019, 01:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
@KaylordTheuZ
Thnk for testing.
could you please install the app "Ampere" from the playstore? (I on the Oneplus 3 get a read out of 3500 milli ampere with the 4 amp dash charger when below may be 40%)
Could you check the ampere on the realme with that?
app link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mbosdev.ampere
16th November 2019, 04:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarfuchs

@KaylordTheuZ
Thnk for testing.
could you please install the app "Ampere" from the playstore?

Yup. Just made a comparison among the dash charger and the original one.
Realme charger (SUPERVOOC) : max throughput of 1850 mA @ 4,25V
Dash charger (VOOC) : max 1470 mA @ 4,23V.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuBBXX

Are you supposed to be able to see the Super VOOC logo while charging full speed ?

Yes, sure. In the lock screen, with the charge percentage which fastly increases by step of 0.01.
I read about your power shortage and IMHO it could be a cause of damage to these chargers. Try to do as follows: install Ampere and compare your results with mine ( just posted a feedback to another user). I set the phone in charge while the phone is already @80% of charge remaining. Don't know if in case of discharged battery the charger pulls additional current in the first minutes, I'll try this out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylordTheuZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KaylordTheuZ Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 07:15 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I don't think Ampere gives proper readings for Dash/VOOC. You're recommended to use the engineer menu (usually *#808#) but that doesn't appear to work on the Realme X2 pro (CN version).
The Following User Says Thank You to Stanz3k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stanz3k Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 07:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have contacted their customer service and received this message:

Hello,
Greetings from realme Europe. Thank you for reaching out to us.
We would like to inform you that you can purchase charger from the authorized realme repair center. The information for the repair center:
Name: SARL REPU
Phone number: +33143382999
Address: 149 RUE AMELOT , 75011 PARIS, FRANCE
Warm Regards,
Team realme Europe

and here as well: https://www.giztop.com/official-oppo...c-charger.html
the same price as on ebay
The Following User Says Thank You to beliz85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beliz85 Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 11:56 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Giztop has the Chinese plug though doesn't fit in Europe
17th November 2019, 02:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarfuchs

Giztop has the Chinese plug though doesn't fit in Europe

The same on ebay !

P.S. You can always use an adaptor, I see no issues here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
50w, charger, oppo, super, vooc

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)