FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

how to turn on google now feed?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By aakash261194, Junior Member on 22nd November 2019, 04:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Title.

just got my x2 pro and i am having trouble in turning on "swipe left for google now feed" feature. have never used color os before so i am clueless. please help me out.
22nd November 2019, 06:42 PM |#2  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 9

More
It is very possible the Feed is not on that launcher. You may need to install a third party launcher to do that.
23rd November 2019, 05:43 AM |#3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash261194

Title.

just got my x2 pro and i am having trouble in turning on "swipe left for google now feed" feature. have never used color os before so i am clueless. please help me out.

i got it working perfectly but it took some time to get it to work right.
i am using nova/nova prime and downloaded the nova google companion apk from teslacoils website.
this is what i did in this order:
download nova(and nova prime if you have it)
use adb to uninstall the stock launcher(com.oppo.launcher)for swipe gesture controls to work you can only use the back on left or right bottom selection
use adb to uninstall the oem browser (com.nearme.browser)
use adb to uninstall athena (com.coloros.athena)<--- once you remove this when going to recent app you will have to swipe them away manually to close the X will not close them
use adb to uninstall (com.oppo.quicksearchbox)
then go to google and type in nova google companion (should see a link to download the apk) install it
give nova/nova prime/companion all autostart/background running permissions

it should work after those steps are followed. also the good new is once the athena is removed notifications come through without issue for 3rd party apps (facebook/instagram/snapchat etc) just have to give all permissions to display (autostart is only allowed for 5 non system apps) bust since athena is gone even the apps that i dont have autostarting are coming through without delay.

hope this helps!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)