FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this helpful? and would you want more like it?

Yes

22 Vote(s)
95.65%
No

1 Vote(s)
4.35%

[Guide][CN Version]Removal of China related Apps [RealMe X2pro] Making it clean

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

By kkarnaout, Senior Member on 26th November 2019, 06:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer :
PHP Code:
I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. 
Objective :

The following is for all who have a CN Version RealMe X2pro and want to change to EU Rom and not able like myself for the time being.
I'll provide a step by step Guide to remove all unwanted Chines system apps related to RealMe or Oppo and what to install to get a somewhat of clean and working build that would still get OTA and will be a better experience.
I hope its useful as that was the only way for me to use my CN version phone.

What you need First to be done:

Make sure google play Store is installed.
Make sure you are on the latest update. "RMX1931_11_A.12" even if you do OTA update nth will be affected.

Source all credits to this post.
What you need to do Second:

1) Install the USB drivers for your device (Google has a list of some universal USB drivers here)
2) Download the ADB binary for your particular OS (Windows, Mac, Linux)
3) Extract the zip file into a folder that you can quickly access.
4) On your phone, go to Settings and tap on About Phone. Find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable Developer Options.
5) Now enter Developer Options and find USB Debugging. Enable it.
6) Open CMD at the location where you downloaded point 2 and point 3

The Source link has even more details ill stop at this point and jump to the Third step with what we need to delete.

Step Three :

After CMD is open on the designated folder where you extracted the zip file:
Commands first set:
PHP Code:
adb devices
adb shell
you will see your device details 
"[email protected]:/ $"
click the source link if you need visual details 
Commands second set:
PHP Code:
Now copy past hit enter part for the following after each other 
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.oppo.quicksearchbox  ----> This will remove the single swip from top to bottom search that has lots of Chinese in it
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.coloros.assistantscreen  ---->This will remove the breeno assistant 
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.coloros.smartdrive ---->This will remove the breeno assistant drive
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.coloros.directui ---->This will remove the breeno assistant 
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.coloros.ocrscanner ---->This will remove the breeno assistant 
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.coloros.speechassist ----->This will remove the breeno assistant 
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.nearme.browser ------>This will remove the browser 
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.oppo.market  ---->This will remove App Market
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.coloros.findmyphone  ---->This will remove find my phone service
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.realme.findphone.client2  ----> This will remove Find my Phone
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.coloros.filemanager  ----> This will remove File Manager
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.coloros.wallet  ----> This will remove the wallet
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.nearme.themestore  ---> This will remove Themes
pm uninstall ---user 0 com.sohu.inputmethod.sogouoem  ----> This will remove the Keyboard make sure you have another one installed
Those area the apps that i found annoying and made me hate the UI.

Step Four:

Now since everything is removed you ether clone your old phone using the app or just start downloading your apps from Google play Store.
for the swipe down the moment you install "Google" from play store it will directly replace it with google search.

Note: In case anything happened you can always just do a hard rest and you are back to normal

Let me know how helpful this is to you guys. and if you need to check anything else to update this post.
This is how i am actually enjoying my RealMe X2pro now.

again all thanks and credit to @ Doug Lynch Source i just made the short cuts easy to come back too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Example.PNG
Views:	2326
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	4887463  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kkarnaout For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kkarnaout Ad-Free
26th November 2019, 06:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
How do I remove the Chinese text-to-speech engine? It has highly annoying Chinese voices trying to speak English, and by default it's being used over other installed TTS engines.
26th November 2019, 08:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lebanon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcovth2

How do I remove the Chinese text-to-speech engine? It has highly annoying Chinese voices trying to speak English, and by default it's being used over other installed TTS engines.

if you check step 3 you will find the breeno apps you got to remove all that.
The Following User Says Thank You to kkarnaout For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kkarnaout Ad-Free
26th November 2019, 10:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You know how to change the launcher?
26th November 2019, 10:46 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lebanon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn0ldx

You know how to change the launcher?

yes its possible but i don't recommend because your home button will not work and will hang the phone ! if you still want it let me know i can add it later to first post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kkarnaout For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kkarnaout Ad-Free
26th November 2019, 11:58 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkarnaout

yes its possible but i don't recommend because your home button will not work and will hang the phone ! if you still want it let me know i can add it later to first post!

I see thank you I will try to uninstall the apps that you recommended
27th November 2019, 12:06 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks for this. I was thinking of doing this too but you've saved me the trouble. I was busy trying to compile a version of Lawnchair with the applicationId of com.oppo.launcher to try and trick the phone in to bypassing the home gesture issue but without much success.

The home button (virtual keys) are fine as long as you have another launcher installed when you remove the oppo one. The upward gesture swipe to homescreen will not work (doesn't hang the phone, just fails and brings the last app back up), though you can long swipe up (recents) and click on the empty space to get back to the launcher but I ended up going with the virtual keys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stanz3k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stanz3k Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 12:34 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can it fix the login of CN rom?
I can't login cause they need phone 86+ from china it will paid the number that we login too.
I tried to use free sms received but yes it need too pay to login with Chinese number.
The Following User Says Thank You to Numslick555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Numslick555 Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 01:18 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanz3k

Thanks for this. I was thinking of doing this too but you've saved me the trouble. I was busy trying to compile a version of Lawnchair with the applicationId of com.oppo.launcher to try and trick the phone in to bypassing the home gesture issue but without much success.

The home button (virtual keys) are fine as long as you have another launcher installed when you remove the oppo one. The upward gesture swipe to homescreen will not work (doesn't hang the phone, just fails and brings the last app back up), though you can long swipe up (recents) and click on the empty space to get back to the launcher but I ended up going with the virtual keys.

Thank you, I was able to uninstall oppo launcher having Nova launcher installed
27th November 2019, 03:41 AM |#10  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkarnaout

you can still use swipe navigation but the "swipe from both sides" cant be used you have to use either the back on left or right option.
Nova works flawless for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-26-20-37-33-55.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	4887761  
27th November 2019, 05:26 PM |#11  

More
Create oppo id
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numslick555

Can it fix the login of CN rom?
I can't login cause they need phone 86+ from china it will paid the number that we login too.
I tried to use free sms received but yes it need too pay to login with Chinese number.

You can totally create an account on their web page and login on the phone, so you can get the added services and avoid their pesky login requirements. Also ig you don't want to use your phone number, use twilio or something like that
URL="https://id.oppo.com/register/sms?type=1"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)