FORUMS

[Guide] Guides for x2 Pro[Locking/unlocking bootloader, tweaks and more]

500 posts
Thanks Meter: 331

Thread Closed Email Thread
At start i want to say that I'm not responsible for your bricked devices, houses set on fire, bla bla bla and so on.

Hello

Since I see that many users are having problems with unlocking bootloader, flashing twrp and getting properly working Magisk. So here i come.

Downloads:
Everything you need you find here, on my OneDrive.

Unlocking Bootloader

BEWARE! After unlocking bootloader your DRM widevine will change to L3.

Steps:
- download and install Realme_x2_Pro_DeepTesting.apk,
- open app and apply for deep test,
- enable Developer Options by tapping 7 times Version in Settings > About Phone
- go to developer options and enable OEM unlock and USB debugging,
- open app once again after some time tap "Query verification status",
- If you got approved application tap "Start the in-depth test" and phone will reboot to bootloader,
- on PC, download fastboot tools from somewhere else(unless you already have it, its not on my OneDrive)
- open folder where you have your fastboot installed, hold shift and click right mouse buton and choose "open command prompt here"(or Power Shell in newer version of windows),
- connect your phone to PC, and write
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
- now on phone select "yes"
- now your phone will reboot and erase all your data,
- now you have unlocked bootloader.

Flashing Custom Recovery

I will guide you how to flash Custom Recovery.

Steps:
- connect phone to PC,
- on your PC in command prompt type adb reboot bootloader,
- download TWRP image from mauronofrio or OrangeFox image from thread put in your fastboot tools folder on PC,
- download vbmeta.img from my OneDrive and put in your fastboot tools folder on PC,
- type
Code:
fastboot flash recovery *******.img
- type
Code:
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- when flashing is done, on your phone select "Recovery Mode" with volume +/- buttons and accept with power key,
- now it will boot into TWRP

Getting properly working Magisk

For now I recommend always using Magisk Canary Debug version cause it supports realme phones(stable needs magiskfix to get out of Core only mode).

Steps:
-download Magisk Canary zip to your phones internal storage,
- boot to Custom Recovery,
- flash magisk,
- reboot to OS.

Updating ColorOS on rooted phone via TWRP

Use Magisk Canary cause it supports realme phones(stable needs magiskfix to get out of Core only mode).
This is the only way to update ColorOS via TWRP without losing magisk or running into damaged boot/recovery image message on boot for now.

Steps:
- download latest Magisk Canary, vbmeta.img and latest update package(ozip) for your device(cn rom for cn device, global rom for eu/in device), if you download update via official OTA app the package is located in
Code:
/data/oppo/coloros/OTA/.otaPackage
- reboot to Custom Recovery,
- flash latest ozip through twrp recovery(don't reboot yet),
- flash vbmeta.img through Custom Recovery
- flash magisk(if flashing fail, than reboot recovery),
- reboot to system.

Locking Bootloader

Think twice after evey step you did if it's done correctly before doing next step to prevent HARD BRICKS.

Steps:
- download right latest ozip for your device from realme site(don't cross flash device, flash global ozip on eu/in devices and cn ozip for cn devices),
- boot to Custom Recovery,
- Flash ozip and after don't do anything else, just reboot to system,
- let it boot to OS and replace Custom Recovery with stock recovery.
- (optional) boot to recovery to check if it is stock, if its stock recovery than you can lock bootloader(don't ever try to lock with Custom Recovery),
- reboot device to bootloader and through adb go with:
Code:
fastboot flashing lock
- accept locking bootloader query on phone,
- device now will reboot and perform factory reset.

F.A.Q.

Q: Can't flash xxxxxxxx.zip(or xxxxxxx.ozip/xxxxxxx.img) in Custom Recovery cause it throws an error, what to do?
A: Reboot recovery and try again.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Jerry08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jerry08 Ad-Free
26th November 2019, 10:13 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jerry08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jerry08 Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 03:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hello bro, so when we do this is imposible to relock bootloader?
27th November 2019, 03:12 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn0ldx

hello bro, so when we do this is imposible to relock bootloader?

It is possible, but you need to use for it some other guide as I will not guide how to. It's because I don't want users to cry over their mistakes in my thread.
27th November 2019, 03:30 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry08

It is possible, but you need to use for it some other guide as I will not guide how to. It's because I don't want users to cry over their mistakes in my thread.

OK bro I'll wait then
27th November 2019, 04:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
this method is compatible with CN version? Can we install a stock Rom or EU rom after unlocking the bootloader? It's really pity for the fingerprint I think as the majority will wait a fix for this issue before doing that

Thank you for your work anyway
27th November 2019, 06:19 AM |#7  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thumbs up Nice Work
Great Guide. But at this time i'm not willing to trade fingerprint unlock for root and magisk .
Already losing the loading animation for using my good old lawnchair was disappointing can go back to coloros launcher easy though.
Maybe someone will/can find a trick for this boot unlock problem.
27th November 2019, 07:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thanks for your efforts!

As I don't own a X2 Pro (yet) I'd like to know how presumably it is to get a solution for the "losing fingerprint problem"?
From other phones I know, that Widevine Lv1 gets lost but I never had the problem of losing my fingerprint scanner.
27th November 2019, 12:52 PM |#9  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm planning to purchase X2 Pro and it seems a flaw for me if unlocking bootloader will disable fingerprint.
Does anyone ever try not to set up fingerprint, pattern or PIN lock from the first phone setup and then directly unlocking bootloader, flash TWRP, magisk and still have locking features working?
27th November 2019, 04:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooveg

I'm planning to purchase X2 Pro and it seems a flaw for me if unlocking bootloader will disable fingerprint.
Does anyone ever try not to set up fingerprint, pattern or PIN lock from the first phone setup and then directly unlocking bootloader, flash TWRP, magisk and still have locking features working?

Doesn't work. I tried it like that when I got the phone. Not logging in or setting anything on the phone, went straight to installing the unlock APK and unlocking the bootloader, still the FP issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellvox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hellvox Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 09:51 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooveg

Will not work cause when you unlock bootloader it formats data, so fp lock will be removed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrym1203

this method is compatible with CN version? Can we install a stock Rom or EU rom after unlocking the bootloader? It's really pity for the fingerprint I think as the majority will wait a fix for this issue before doing that

Thank you for your work anyway

This method should be compatible with CN version. And for the 2nd question answer is: no, at least not yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jerry08 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread