FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide]From unlocking bootloader to getting properly working Magisk

367 posts
Thanks Meter: 175

Post Reply Email Thread
At start i want to say that I'm not responsible for your bricked devices, houses set on fire, bla bla bla and so on.

Hello

Since I see that many users are having problems with unlocking bootloader, flashing twrp and getting properly working Magisk. So here i come.

Downloads:
Everything you need you find here, on my OneDrive.

Unlocking Bootloader

BEWARE! After unlocking bootloader your DRM widevine will change to L3 and Fingerprint Sensor will not work(blame oppo developers, Realme is doing actually good). you can get it back by locking bootloader. And i wont guide you how to lock bootloader cause many users make mistakes and end up in HARD BRICK!

Steps:
- download and install Realme_x2_Pro_DeepTesting.apk,
- open app and apply for deep test,
- enable Developer Options by tapping 7 times Version in Settings > About Phone
- go to developer options and enable OEM unlock and USB debugging,
- open app once again after some time tap "Query verification status",
- If you got approved application tap "Start the in-depth test" and phone will reboot to bootloader,
- on PC, download fastboot tools from somewhere else(unless you already have it, its not on my OneDrive)
- open folder where you have your fastboot installed, hold shift and click right mouse buton and choose "open command prompt here"(or Power Shell in newer version of windows),
- connect your phone to PC, and write
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
- now on phone select "yes"
- now your phone will reboot and erase all your data,
- now you have unlocked bootloader.

Flashing TWRP

I will guide you how to flash chiniese TWRP(provided by @SethPDA ). Why chiniese twrp? Cause for now it's easier with it to get everything properly working for basic user.

Steps:
- connect phone to PC,
- on your PC in command prompt type adb reboot bootloader,
- make sure you have twrpcnen.img from my OneDrive in your fastboot tools folder on PC,
- type
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrpcnen.img
- when flashing is done, on your phone select "Recovery Mode" with volume +/- buttons and accept with power buton,
- in recovery go to advanced options, tap "Disable Replace TWRP" and flash it to disable restoring of stock recovery after booting to os,
- in advanced menu tap Close AVB 2.0, tick remove boot verification only and flash it.

Getting properly working Magisk

Why do you need x2Pro_bulid.prop_patch.zip? Again its cause of damn oppo developers. This patch is needed to get working Magisk modules and Magisk hide. Without patch, Magisk will work in "core only mode". Also why Magisk Canary debug bulid 20104? Cause when you install first newer version theres some bug and you will have to revoke root access for all apps every reboot. You can update later bulid 20104 to latest via magisk manager and all will be fine. Its also a canary debug version so you can properly report bug found in magisk to Magisk Canary Thread(remember to attach all logs available with bug reports). As Magisk still seem to have some issues with our device.

Steps:
- copy x2 Pro_A.XX.bulid.prop_patch.zip, magisk-debug20104.zip to your phones internal storage,
- boot to TWRP,
- flash patch and than Magisk,
- reboot to OS.

Congrats, you've got properly working Magisk on x2 Pro
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jerry08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jerry08 Ad-Free
26th November 2019, 10:13 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved.
27th November 2019, 03:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hello bro, so when we do this is imposible to relock bootloader?
27th November 2019, 03:12 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn0ldx

hello bro, so when we do this is imposible to relock bootloader?

It is possible, but you need to use for it some other guide as I will not guide how to. It's because I don't want users to cry over their mistakes in my thread.
27th November 2019, 03:30 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry08

It is possible, but you need to use for it some other guide as I will not guide how to. It's because I don't want users to cry over their mistakes in my thread.

OK bro I'll wait then
27th November 2019, 04:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
this method is compatible with CN version? Can we install a stock Rom or EU rom after unlocking the bootloader? It's really pity for the fingerprint I think as the majority will wait a fix for this issue before doing that

Thank you for your work anyway
27th November 2019, 06:19 AM |#7  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Thumbs up Nice Work
Great Guide. But at this time i'm not willing to trade fingerprint unlock for root and magisk .
Already losing the loading animation for using my good old lawnchair was disappointing can go back to coloros launcher easy though.
Maybe someone will/can find a trick for this boot unlock problem.
27th November 2019, 07:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thanks for your efforts!

As I don't own a X2 Pro (yet) I'd like to know how presumably it is to get a solution for the "losing fingerprint problem"?
From other phones I know, that Widevine Lv1 gets lost but I never had the problem of losing my fingerprint scanner.
27th November 2019, 12:52 PM |#9  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm planning to purchase X2 Pro and it seems a flaw for me if unlocking bootloader will disable fingerprint.
Does anyone ever try not to set up fingerprint, pattern or PIN lock from the first phone setup and then directly unlocking bootloader, flash TWRP, magisk and still have locking features working?
27th November 2019, 04:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooveg

I'm planning to purchase X2 Pro and it seems a flaw for me if unlocking bootloader will disable fingerprint.
Does anyone ever try not to set up fingerprint, pattern or PIN lock from the first phone setup and then directly unlocking bootloader, flash TWRP, magisk and still have locking features working?

Doesn't work. I tried it like that when I got the phone. Not logging in or setting anything on the phone, went straight to installing the unlock APK and unlocking the bootloader, still the FP issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellvox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hellvox Ad-Free
27th November 2019, 09:51 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooveg

Will not work cause when you unlock bootloader it formats data, so fp lock will be removed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrym1203

this method is compatible with CN version? Can we install a stock Rom or EU rom after unlocking the bootloader? It's really pity for the fingerprint I think as the majority will wait a fix for this issue before doing that

Thank you for your work anyway

This method should be compatible with CN version. And for the 2nd question answer is: no, at least not yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)