Update your Realme X2 Pro with C.29 with System Update or download the file specific for your device CN/IN/Global and simply opening the ozip file in your File Manager. Latest RUI Updates fixes FP which breaks when rooted.
Follow the below procedure to root RUI or to replace stock recoveryIf TWRP 3.4.0 by Mauronofrio is already installed. Repeat these steps for every RUI Update. Thanks @minoccio
- Install c29 update ozip with TWRP and dont reboot to avoid bootloop/softbrick
- [Decrypting ozip is supported and will install without any TWRP errors by TWRP 3.4.0 by Mauronofrio]
- [Not recommended]Reboot only if its needed to automatically replace the custom recovery with stock by not installing modified vbmeta or not rooting the device by installing magisk.
- Install vbmeta.img with TWRP by selecting vbmeta partition.
- [This step is essential to have TWRP persistent by not getting replaced with stock recovery and also to avoid bootloop]
- Install Magisk 20.4 (Optional only if you want to have root)
- Reboot to System
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked
- Boot to fastboot(power off device and hold vol- and power)
- Install latest TWRP or OrangeFox in fastboot with a Windows PC. Use Minimal ADB Fastboot v1.4.3
- Reboot to Custom Recovery
- Install VBMETA with Custom Recovery - To avoid bootloop or softbrick your device and to make custom recovery persistent.
- Download: VBMETA
- Flash Magisk Canary - Download to your device.
- Get Magisk Canary Uninstaller to your device as a precaution to uninstall magisk canary by flashing this uninstaller zip file in custom recovery in case of any issues or bootloops related to Magisk.
- Download: Magisk Canary Uninstaller [2.54 MB]
- Reboot to System
- New Magisk Canary app will be installed automatically in few seconds
- Update Magisk Canary app
- Download: Magisk Canary app 9348c5ba (289)(9) [9.45 MB]
- Uninstall any previous old versions of magisk
- Open Magisk Canary app
- Click Gear button on the Right Top Corner
- Under section Manager click Hide Magisk Manager
- Enter any new name of your preference
- Modified Magisk manager will be installed
- Under Magisk section, enable MagiskHide Toggle
- Go Back to Magisk home and click shield icon present at the bottom
- Go to MagiskHide - Enable toggle for all banking apps/Google Pay/apps which fail when rooted
- Go To SafetyNet - It would Pass basicIntegrity and ctsProfile in basic evaluation mode with Success message.
Recover from Black Screen of Death (BSoD) or stuck with realme logo on boot
Can follow the following instruction(s) in any order
- Hold Vol+ and Power button for ten seconds and wait for restart
- Work in Flashboot to Flash or Wipe anything as per your requirement.
- Try flashing Custom Recovery
- Flash Magisk Uninstaller if issue related to Magisk
Download: Magisk Canary Uninstaller [2.54 MB]