FORUMS

Glocal ROM for Realme X50m 5G

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Amrena, Junior Member on 7th July 2020, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!
Seems I just made a mistake, but hope for your advice...
I have order a Relame x50m 5G from China for delivery to me in Sweden...
..now it seems as it will be delivered with a China ROM and no support for Swedish language..
Would be happy to get advice how to solve this...would like to have Swedish language, Google Play, etc

THANKS IN ADVANCE
9th July 2020, 09:42 AM |#2  
Madriz
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm looking for the same issue. The price in China is very low.
9th July 2020, 10:31 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Really hope we soon will get some advice how to solve this..
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpunto

I'm looking for the same issue. The price in China is very low.

10th July 2020, 04:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yup, the price in China is a lot lower than in Europe.
If it's possible to change the ROM to the Global, I will buy it.
11th July 2020, 06:28 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Really hope someone have some idea/solutions how to replace CN rom on my Realme x50m....For example,is it possible to flash a x50 pro Global rom???
19th July 2020, 02:27 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Still no one have a solution to suggest??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrena

Really hope someone have some idea/solutions how to replace CN rom on my Realme x50m....For example,is it possible to flash a x50 pro Global rom???

20th July 2020, 09:32 PM |#7  

More
Maybe someone tried unlocking the bootloader? I guess soon all will need some custom roms.
22nd July 2020, 08:16 AM |#8  

More
What's the difference between a global rom and a Chinese rom? Im thinking of buying this phone but it comes with a chinese rom, will it still work like a normal android device?
22nd July 2020, 01:00 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiburro

What's the difference between a global rom and a Chinese rom? Im thinking of buying this phone but it comes with a chinese rom, will it still work like a normal android device?

Hello!
For the first time I bought a mobile with CN rom (Realme x50m 5G) and I got it yesterday. On beforehand I was thinking on try to change to a Global rom…
When I got it, it has Android 10, and when you start up you could change too English, it also seems have Russian, and some Asian and Arabic. So if you can use some of these langues it should not be much problem.
From my old mobile I have made backup using my Google account, and when I start up the new mobile, I could easily download Google Play, Google Drive and Google Chrome and when I log into my Google account, I could get all my previous apps.
The mobile itself works very much as my previous mobile with its Global rom. It has a lot of Chinse preinstalled apps, but most of them you can delete.
At first, I also try to download the rom for Realme x50 5G, but it did not accept that, so I went back and are now using version RMX2142_11_A.07
Ii think if you understand English its no problem, and many of the apps you are using you can have in your own language, if it’s not English
GOOD LUCK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amrena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Amrena Ad-Free
22nd July 2020, 01:10 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrena

Hello!
For the first time I bought a mobile with CN rom (Realme x50m 5G) and I got it yesterday. On beforehand I was thinking on try to change to a Global rom…
When I got it, it has Android 10, and when you start up you could change too English, it also seems have Russian, and some Asian and Arabic. So if you can use some of these langues it should not be much problem.
From my old mobile I have made backup using my Google account, and when I start up the new mobile, I could easily download Google Play, Google Drive and Google Chrome and when I log into my Google account, I could get all my previous apps.
The mobile itself works very much as my previous mobile with its Global rom. It has a lot of Chinse preinstalled apps, but most of them you can delete.
At first, I also try to download the rom for Realme x50 5G, but it did not accept that, so I went back and are now using version RMX2142_11_A.07
Ii think if you understand English its no problem, and many of the apps you are using you can have in your own language, if it’s not English
GOOD LUCK

Thank you very much for the response!
One quick question, i read on another forum that, for example, WhatsApp messages will often not come through until the app is open. They mention this happens because that app relies on the google play framework to display notifications.
Has this happened to you on your new device? Do all notifications on google apps work well?

Thanks again for your time. Hope you are enjoying your new phone.
22nd July 2020, 01:31 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
[QUOTE=casiburro;83115709]Thank you very much for the response!
One quick question, i read on another forum that, for example, WhatsApp messages will often not come through until the app is open. They mention this happens because that app relies on the google play framework to display notifications.
Has this happened to you on your new device? Do all notifications on google apps work well?

Thanks again for your time. Hope you are enjoying your new phone. [/QUOTE

When coming WhatsApp messages so I have not so fare anyhow, had any problem with messages..it arrives and I also get the notifications..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)