Glocal ROM for Realme X50m 5G

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Amrena, Junior Member on 7th July 2020, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2020, 11:31 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Today I received the phone after 2 months of waiting from China. I am very upset the phone does not work at all well with the Chinese rom and google / playstore services, also my Spanish language does not appear and I can not install it in any way.

I thought I could install a custom rom but I see that everything is still just as stopped and that no developer has worked on a rom for this phone. Even the European rom cannot be installed because they are different models. I think it is the worst purchase I have made in a long time. At the moment I have put it up for sale on eBay, a shame because the phone is powerful and beautiful.
4th September 2020, 05:52 PM |#42  
Flag Monterrey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanzsp

Today I received the phone after 2 months of waiting from China. I am very upset the phone does not work at all well with the Chinese rom and google / playstore services, also my Spanish language does not appear and I can not install it in any way.

I thought I could install a custom rom but I see that everything is still just as stopped and that no developer has worked on a rom for this phone. Even the European rom cannot be installed because they are different models. I think it is the worst purchase I have made in a long time. At the moment I have put it up for sale on eBay, a shame because the phone is powerful and beautiful.

Well, I also speak Spanish. And in my case, the equipment took just over 2 weeks. Since I made the purchase, I knew that only the English language was possible, and I knew something about it that it could not be modified. It took me a little to get used to its launcher, but after a couple of hours, I realized that everything is in the same place, each application of common use, such as facebook, twitter and WA can be put in your language.
If you download the SETEDIT app you can spend 50-60% to Spanish

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrena

Thank you very much..
Please not that the version I have is the model Realme X50m 5 G with RMX2142_11_A.07.
The problem I have now is;
1) Seems it dont make backup to my Google account/Google Drive
2) Seems I cant download new apps from Google Play, although I can update the exisisting apps.
What happen is that when I try download a new app, it seems download it but when it try be installed in the mobile , I get message "Google Play Store wants ti install xxx (name of the app). Verify your identity before installing."
When I click on Login, I will be promt to "Sign in with Your Account"..a Hey Tap account, previous a Realme account...BUT that account can only be used with a Chinese mobilnumber..and it seems impossibly to delete that account.
3) I cant move/create an icon on my Home screen, when I have open a website and want to move it to the Home screen , and when come to the stage click "Add" it just dissapear..
4) I have for long time used "MySMS" app on my laptop and mobile..but it does not work as I cant download it..

Beside this it is a very good mobile..
Any ideas for solution are welcome..
Have a nice day..

I don't know if you already solved it. But what they recommended me to do was. Create the account from a computer and not from the cell phone. This is how I managed to create the account to later open from the cell phone. Although having that account doesn't really work much
4th September 2020, 07:43 PM |#43  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regioenleon

Well, I also speak Spanish. And in my case, the equipment took just over 2 weeks. Since I made the purchase, I knew that only the English language was possible, and I knew something about it that it could not be modified. It took me a little to get used to its launcher, but after a couple of hours, I realized that everything is in the same place, each application of common use, such as facebook, twitter and WA can be put in your language.
If you download the SETEDIT app you can spend 50-60% to Spanish

Thanks for answering, do you know the lines that I must modify to put the system 50-60% in Spanish?
8th September 2020, 05:22 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, I have the CN ROM, but I chose english and it's okay but the Wallet app still appears in Chinese, is there a way to change that?
The Following User Says Thank You to SophieGon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SophieGon Ad-Free
23rd September 2020, 09:20 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi all

I have some tips plus questions for all of you who have bought Chinese variants of the X50 5G - if you look in Additional settings, and scroll to the very bottom there is a Google option and from there you can log into your main Google account. Then use the standard browser and go to Google.co.uk, search for the Play Store at apkmirror.com and install. Allow the permission for Browser to install apps and once Play Store is installed its normal to add any other applications. If you use more than one Google account, you may want to install Google Account Manager (latest version is 6.0.1) as that is not preinstalled, but Google Services Framework comes pre-installed amongst other Google essentials, so not issues there.

This link provides a handy guide - http://https://www.androidpolice.com...y-store-guide/

I have encountered some issues and just wondered if your X50 5Gs are the same, or whether mine has a problem. Firstly, I do not have Google Location services, so for instance, I cannot enable Location History within my Google account. In fact, it's just greyed out (Additional settings > Google > Account services > Location > More Settings) , but Emergency Location Service and Google Location Accuracy are available.

The other thing I've discovered is that Google Assistant will not work once installed. Voice Search will work though. Anyone have the same issues, please let em know.

Many thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to DANORAK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DANORAK Ad-Free
28th September 2020, 07:15 PM |#46  

More
Google play store download
Maybe what I will say can help you.
I received Realme X50M one month ago and more or less I faced the same issues.
When I switched on the phone I saw a lot of chinese apps so I decided to do a reset and it was a bad choice because probably I removed google playstore service.
After some days surfing the internet I found that I could download again from apkpure site google play store.
From that moment on I could install my favourite apps.
Several chinese apps are not removable but I put them in a specific folder (so I can avoid to click on them).
Sometimes when I want to write a message some buttons of the keyboard show chinese characters but I think it's a good device.
I hope that in the future Realme will release a complete global version of the firmware.
Bye.
D.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)