Is Volte and/or Wifi Calling working on the X50

Search This thread

floridaman

Oct 11, 2015
www.floridasunshineshuttle.com
Not working it has it just haven't been able to provision it

So after several emails with Realme I was finally able to talk to someone, they did call me as well.

This person gave me a song and dance lie that Volte in fact wasn't shut off and also said in his response there is no way to see a toggle switch either. Which we both know to be an absolute lie.

I told him people are complaining across forums from various countries, it clearly fell on deaf ears as the company line of it is on was repeated. Then I was told also it doesn't work on T Mobile because they're not in the North American market and didn't install T Mobile firmware. Well, you don't need to and it doesn't matter where in the world goes as long as the carrier has Volte and the device has it, it works.

It's clear they know it's shut off on purpose and just tell lies with no intention of turning it on. The only way anyone who buys one of their devices is going to get it is to root the device and go in and turn it on yourself.

Not sure how I see this company growing if this is going to be their attitude and behavior.

floridaman

Oct 11, 2015
Thanks for the update ROOT here I come

Let us know how that works out

Have you complained to realme? I ended up sending an email to their President of India and Europe. That's how I got someone to actually give me a response then call.

I also have a Umidigi A7 Pro, it's a $100 device and yet VoLTE and Wifi Calling works no problem.... Yet Realme can't seem to get its act together.

comp101inc

May 8, 2010
I also have a umidigi power3 and volte and vowifi works there. So realme needs to get there act together.

floridaman

Oct 11, 2015
I also have a umidigi power3 and volte and vowifi works there. So realme needs to get there act together.

I'm wondering is root is absolutely needed and if like their sister company Oneplus who hid the function switch in the 8 models, if using the QPST tool would get you to the menu to change the VoLTE profile and get it working on their devices.

From what I am seeing the two companies both are now hiding the menu's, so that tells me they're both following the same game plan. There's several posts and a video showing using QPST to change the profile and get VoLTE working.

Do you think this would work?

jergud

Dec 17, 2008
Perpignan
Hi all

Did you find a way to activate VOLTE ? I have a x50 pro 5g, settings made for 4g brands, volte OK with my provider but not on the phone.
Thank you