FORUMS

Wifi 5g issues

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By fattheman, Junior Member on 18th September 2020, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,

I bought two Realme X50 5g from Amazon uk and I was really excited when the phone arrived, from what I read everywhere was a lot of value for the money. However just after a few hours of use I was really disappointed to see the behaviour I am having in both phones.

I can connect to the wifi 5g band without issues and I get internet, the problem is that after a while (randomly can't tell 1 hour or 10 hours depends) when I check the phone it says "no internet" and I can't access anything, I need to disconnect and connect again and the internet comes straight away.
This issue is a little bit annoying because it means being disconnected for a while until I realise about it.

I am in the UK and I have Virgin Media and was using their SuperHub 3 which has worked really well with any device until now. I tried to change the config from dual band and add 2g to the 2g ssid and 5g to the 5g ssid so they were separated so it doesn't use dual band automatically and is the same. I was suspicious the problem could be the VM router so I bought a new router TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 which I believe is a middle range router which supports dual-band however doesn't have all the high tech technologies like mu-mimo and beamforming. Anyway I got the router setup everything and have been using the Tp Link instead an the exact same thing happens.

I am with EE as carrier and I don't have yet a 5G plan, however as soon I turned on the phone with my sim EE sent me a test saying that they have enabled VOLTE since I am on a device that supports it. I may be wrong but I am also getting the impression the issue tends to happen more frequently if I have received or done any calls, but I have no hopes on getting support from EE.

I have contacted Amazon support which was hopeless and I have sent an email to Realme support but I haven't heard from them yet.
I am starting to consider to return the phones and get a refund but if I need to get to that will be a shame because the phones does looks nice and I have been enjoying it, I like the UI and the performance is quite good.

With all said I was wondering if anyone is aware of any issues with the Realme X50 5G and the 765G SOC wifi?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
issues, realme x50 5g, wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)