Notification problem

Search This thread

Nightwish1976

Aug 9, 2011
Hi.
I just noticed that when I received a WhatsApp message I get no notification. Same when someone calls me on WhatsApp. The notification only shows up when I open WhatsApp.
Something that it's probably related, accubatery doesn't provide any stats, everytime I open it it's like I start it for the first time.
I'm pretty sure there is some hidden task killer that doesn't allow most of the apps to do background stuff.
Any idea?
PS: I removed WhatsApp and Accubatery from batery optimization, reinstalled both apps, same thing.
Thanks

LE: In case someone runs into this, disable "deep process clean" feature under settings/system/advanced. It should sort it out.

Last edited:

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Hi.
I just noticed that when I received a WhatsApp message I get no notification. Same when someone calls me on WhatsApp. The notification only shows up when I open WhatsApp.
Something that it's probably related, accubatery doesn't provide any stats, everytime I open it it's like I start it for the first time.
I'm pretty sure there is some hidden task killer that doesn't allow most of the apps to do background stuff.
Any idea?
PS: I removed WhatsApp and Accubatery from batery optimization, reinstalled both apps, same thing.
Thanks

LE: In case someone runs into this, disable "deep process clean" feature under settings/system/advanced. It should sort it out.

Know problem.
Disable "Deep Process Clean" in Settings/System/Advanced.

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190812-010356.png
    Screenshot_20190812-010356.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 661

chriseu19

Aug 26, 2015
I have not found the search option in the configuration. I have searched every corner and I have not found the Deep process clean

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
I have not found the search option in the configuration. I have searched every corner and I have not found the Deep process clean

I don't think it's possible that the CN rom would have a glaring fault like this - "Deep Process Clean" enabled but not having an option to disable it.
The whole moniker is pretty clearly a badly translated Chinese version of the concept.
Perhaps, two different people translated it from Chinese to English in the two roms.

Here's a suggestion:
1) Process could be "task", "program", "app."
2) Clean could be "kill", "end", "terminate."
3) Deep could be "Old", "late", "unused."

An actual native speaker of Chinese would probably knock it out of the park on first attempt. Still, I think it's worth a try.

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Right after the update to NA 1.18, there were no problems - the Deep Process Clean setting disappeared, but notifications were coming in fine.
That was months ago. Now, I just tested Gmail, and it won't receive emails until the phone is turned on.
We need a solution to this. Quickly.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Right after the update to NA 1.18, there were no problems - the Deep Process Clean setting disappeared, but notifications were coming in fine.
That was months ago. Now, I just tested Gmail, and it won't receive emails until the phone is turned on.
We need a solution to this. Quickly.

I thought you had a rm3s??? 104 is the latest. And no issues with ANY notifications

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
I thought you had a rm3s??? 104 is the latest. And no issues with ANY notifications

Apparently, a lot of issues were fixed with RM3S. But not with RM3.
No, I don't have RM3S and never did I even imply that I did, bro. I will imply publicly, right now, that I have RM3. You are free to sue me, I have my lawyers standing by. Some have pitchforks. Careful.
:)

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Apparently, a lot of issues were fixed with RM3S. But not with RM3.
No, I don't have RM3S and never did I even imply that I did, bro. I will imply publicly, right now, that I have RM3. You are free to sue me, I have my lawyers standing by. Some have pitchforks. Careful.
:)

?????? Whatever.

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
I got a reply from Nubia PR person about "Deep Process Clean" option.
JerryYin said:
nabbed said:
Hi, sorry to bother you, but is there going to be an update to NA or Global RM3 rom soon?
The problem is that the "Deep Process Clean" option disappeared from settings, and now the phone won't get notifications until it is turned on. The notifications were fine immediately after 1.18 update, but now, 1.5 months later, Gmail won't work until the phone is turned on. Some other people have also noticed this behavior.
If there's an update coming up, could you ask the engineers to put the "Deep Process Clean" option back please?
Thanks.

Version 1.18 removed the deep process clean feature due to some bugs, it will kill the apps and preventing them to run in background. You can do a factory reset and see if you can get the notification.

I am not sure what to make of it.
1) The option was removed, but clearly, the code is still there that kills the background apps.
2) He suggested that I do a factory reset, because I may "see if you can get the notification." I would hate to the reset the phone and find out it still kills apps.
3) I wonder if there's any way to clear cache or data from some app/system app to make this work.

Any ideas?

JerryYin

Apr 15, 2018
Shenzhen
I got a reply from Nubia PR person about "Deep Process Clean" option.

I am not sure what to make of it.
1) The option was removed, but clearly, the code is still there that kills the background apps.
2) He suggested that I do a factory reset, because I may "see if you can get the notification." I would hate to the reset the phone and find out it still kills apps.
3) I wonder if there's any way to clear cache or data from some app/system app to make this work.

Any ideas?

I reported this issue long time ago, they told me they fixed the bug and asked me to wipe my phone, since then I can get the notification from playstore and YouTube. Because this is not my primary phone, I did not install messaging app on it, it seems that the notification is working fine.