[Guide] Flashing TWRP & Granting Root Access (Magisk Systemless) - Red Magic 3

Search This thread

danielad200

May 15, 2012
Ugh, seems the twrp only works on the Chinese version, not the global version. Will leave the link up with a note.

You mean that its work on chinese rom only?

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

after flashing twrp through adb..the recovery still stock...help anyone

Silverbeast

Oct 25, 2005
Is there any chance someone could make a TWRP file for the Global or USA ROM? I have the stock .img files, but sadly I'm not the greatest with compiling code. I would HAPPILY donate to someone who can do it today. I couldn't keep the CN version of the ROM, too many things bothered me and had to go back to USA ROM.

Current ROM Version is : NX629J_V1.11 and is stock, minus the unlocked boot loader.

Thank you for whoever does this!

Last edited:

SuperDroidMe

Dec 31, 2012
INWOOD
So If I switch from Global NA Rom to CN Rom which has more features anyway. Then fastboot TWRP, Flash Magisk Root....couldn't I just flash Open Gapps Nano on CN Rom and debloat with root and be good to go?

terrapin4

Sep 14, 2010
So If I switch from Global NA Rom to CN Rom which has more features anyway. Then fastboot TWRP, Flash Magisk Root....couldn't I just flash Open Gapps Nano on CN Rom and debloat with root and be good to go?
This method worked for me no problem. Except it only let me install Gapps pico due to insufficient space on the partition.

A word of warning for those wanting to do this: after a couple of days my screen would start to lock immediately after unlocking with face, fingerprint etc. Leaving it pretty much unusable..even after rebooting repeatedly. Eventually figured out that whenever Google/Gmail would notify via status bar it killed the screen. So after rebooting I had only a matter of seconds to go and disable notifications for Gmail. After a while I would toggle them back on and it would work, but a day later the same thing happened. I'm thinking this happens whenever Gmail updates. Wondering if anyone else experienced the same.

Sent from my NX629J using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperDroidMe

SuperDroidMe

Dec 31, 2012
INWOOD
Oh wow, well I wonder if Google's Play Protect service is recognizing region locked software and causing it.... especially with Huawei situation looming.

SuperDroidMe

Dec 31, 2012
INWOOD
So after flashing TWRP in guide have to "fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-0528-NUBIA_REDMAGIC3-CN-wzsx150.img" then you can unplug from PC....if you do not boot into TWRP stock recovery will overwrite it.

Reactions: Swarai

txdvil

Oct 26, 2009
So after flashing TWRP in guide have to "fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-0528-NUBIA_REDMAGIC3-CN-wzsx150.img" then you can unplug from PC....if you do not boot into TWRP stock recovery will overwrite it.

I cant boot to twrp recovery after flash it. this is the error message
ftMI04C.jpg

please help

Arrenlaxmali

Jun 3, 2019
I did all the instructions after i flash recovery i unplug the usb to my phone then reboot it in fassboot menu to recovery but its show the fastboot mode only i cant boot to recovery why plrase help mine was rm3 2.27 CNversion

Attachments

• IMG_20190620_201811.jpg
    IMG_20190620_201811.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 471

SuperDroidMe

Dec 31, 2012
INWOOD
Hmm so update to CN 2.30 is available, I guarantee if I ota it will surely break twrp, magisk, and gapps...anyone update? Any ideas?

leipnacht

Sep 11, 2018
I successfully flashed twrp over my stock recovery and granted root access.

I wish I was able to backup my Nubia Red Magic 3's stock recovery

Anyone know how?

SuperDroidMe

Dec 31, 2012
INWOOD
Ok, reboot to fastboot, unlock fastboot "fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX629J" then flash back CN stock recovery then "fastboot reboot recovery" wipe data and cache...reboot system if still want boot then going to have to reinstall rom via recovery. Make sure bootloader is unlocked before flashing twrp. Also you must root before flashing gapps when you get there if you want Google Services.

Reactions: Juergen1337

Freed0m_

Jul 17, 2019
Minnesota
@gunzgunz There is a version of the twrp on the original poster's cloud that was last edited on June 7th. That one might work for you.

Neither of these worked for me at first, but the second one is what finally worked for me.

To get it you have to go to the original thread and scroll down till you see the pan. baidu. com link. The password is listed right beneath it (6wy5). The link takes you to the maker's baidu cloud and you're then able to navigate the files. The redmagic3 one is at the top of the first file (玩机) and is the one starting with the character 红 (which means red).

The second link is to share . wei yun and I had to disable my adblocker because it was blocking the entire page's element. It's a similar file path except the file is further down. I managed to download it myself using this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use this guide to root for now for global rom: https://xdaforums.com/red-magic-3/how-to/red-magic-3-root-guide-t3933148

Requirements:
    - Unlocked Bootloader On Nubia Red Magic 3 (NX629J): https://xdaforums.com/red-magic-3/how-to/guide-unlocking-red-magic-3s-bootloader-t3935630

- TWRP HERE: https://xdaforums.com/red-magic-3/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-nubia-red-t3962482 (CHINESE ROM ONLY)

- Latest Magisk stable zip transferred to your phone's storage (https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445)
    - Charge the Nubia Red Magic to at least 50%.
    - You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.

ADB Drivers for your PC

STEPS TO INSTALL TWRP (READ EVERYTHING CAREFUL BEFORE ATTEMPTING):

1) Enable the Developer Options
    - To Enable Developer Options, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 10 Times until you see a toast message “Developer options enabled“

2) Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Options and check the box for OEM Unlock and USB Debugging

3) Connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable to a USB 2.0 port.

4) Open a command prompt window on your computer and type: "adb devices"

5) You will see a pop up window on your phone to allow USB debugging on your phone. Click ok.

6) Now type the commannd "adb reboot bootloader"

7) Once your phone has rebooted into it's bootloader, type in the pc command prompt "fastboot devices". This will list the devices connected, your phone should show up.

8) Then, to flash twrp, enter "fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-0528-NUBIA_REDMAGIC3-CN-wzsx150.img" in the command prompt.

9) Finally reboot into the twrp recovery from the phone menu after twrp is installed. Rebooting your phone will reflash Nubia's recovery if you dont do so after flashing.

10) Once in twrp, go to install, navigate to where you put the magisk zip, and install it.

12) Reboot your phone.
    Always welcome bro. Anytime I available for help. If I know anything
    Hi need help. I cant download the twrp. Link asking for decryption key. - oh found the correct link.
    This method worked for me no problem. Except it only let me install Gapps pico due to insufficient space on the partition.

A word of warning for those wanting to do this: after a couple of days my screen would start to lock immediately after unlocking with face, fingerprint etc. Leaving it pretty much unusable..even after rebooting repeatedly. Eventually figured out that whenever Google/Gmail would notify via status bar it killed the screen. So after rebooting I had only a matter of seconds to go and disable notifications for Gmail. After a while I would toggle them back on and it would work, but a day later the same thing happened. I'm thinking this happens whenever Gmail updates. Wondering if anyone else experienced the same.

Sent from my NX629J using Tapatalk