[ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL]AOKP R1

Search This thread

Tarun93

Feb 2, 2013
Mumbai

What is AOKP?
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?
We were waiting for when you’d ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they’re “baked in” by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone’s settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

DOWNLOAD

aokp_armani_mm_unofficial_2015-12-30_1810.zip

INSTRUCTIONS

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Cache
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL]AOKP R1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
Tarun93, fefifofum
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: R1
Stable Release Date: 2015-12-31

Created 2015-12-30
Last Updated 2016-01-04

\/!<@$

Dec 9, 2015
Dharuhera
Thanks bro
Going to download.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Which gapps to flash ?
Base , open , slim gapps?
Bcz in cm I got botloop with slim gapps thats why m asking !

Jul 11, 2013
Lucknow
what gaapps should we use? and is it based on cm13 r8? downloading..happy new year...

You Can Use Delta Or Open Gapps And You're Asking If It Is Based On Cm 13 I Think You Haven't Read This Thread Properly And If You Did You Missed This Part "We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome)."

Reactions: Fallen_Knight

Beast_Slayer

Sep 11, 2013
Nagpur
www.youtube.com

Bugscze

Sep 23, 2011
Hello, I Clean installed ROM but mobile is in bootloop. I can see TWRP background flash in 1s and mobile reboot again. Must I update bootloader or something? Went from Temasek 17.6. I can go in TWRP with + and power button so mobile is not bricked at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is AOKP?
    AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?
    We were waiting for when you’d ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they’re “baked in” by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone’s settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

DOWNLOAD

aokp_armani_mm_unofficial_2015-12-30_1810.zip

INSTRUCTIONS

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL]AOKP R1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S