FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Audio Bug Fix [MM][LOLLIPOP][MIUI]

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By phantom97, Junior Member on 2nd June 2016, 10:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The audio bug on our devices which cause the music to stutter and pause can be fixed by a very simple hack. You just have to download a kernel tweaking app, preferably kernel adiutor, and disable hotplugs from the hotplugs section. And manually enable two or more cores and voila music will never lag from now on!!!( even with viper4android or audiofx switched on ). Also you can preferably use AwesomePlayer instead of nuPlayer. This setting can be switched in Developer Options. For cm13 with default kernel you need to enable audio offload in the build.prop file in system directory.

Alternative / better method
Credits
@fefifofum
add this line to /system/build.prop
ro.qualcomm.perf.cores_online=2

Thanks @vicky romero
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-14-44-31.png
Views:	2190
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	3769981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-14-44-36.png
Views:	2144
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	3769982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-14-35-11.png
Views:	2154
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	3769983  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to phantom97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phantom97 Ad-Free

2nd June 2016, 11:20 AM |#2  
Flag Antipolo City
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Great! I will try it later and give you feedback.

Have a question, about awesomeplayer. I never find it in my current rom. What rom do you use?
2nd June 2016, 11:51 AM |#3  
Misty Mountains
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhick

Have a question, about awesomeplayer. I never find it in my current rom. What rom do you use?

It's a Developer Options
2nd June 2016, 12:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'll follow this thread. It really interests me. I look forward to your reviews

Enviado desde mi HM 1SW mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to IvanX9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IvanX9 Ad-Free
2nd June 2016, 01:37 PM |#5  
Flag Antipolo City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanthhh

It's a Developer Options

I'm using Dirty Unicorn 10.2 but I never find that option in developers option as see in screenshot.

I cannot use custom kernel until some issues that I've experienced has been fix. So this feedback is for default kernel of DU.

I removed media storage in "don't optimize" state. I cannot retain to use only two cores because it dynamically change, so the only option that I change is mpdecision. I disabled mpdecision, I also use PowerAmp and enabled "use wakelock" under mics tweaks, then reboot.

I've surprised that I don't experienced annoying audio bug. I don't know the impact in battery but I really happy with the result.

This is initial because I've plan to use custom kernel and I will do this again if will replicate the result. Still, I'll give feedback in the future.

Thanks for the fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160602-202424.png
Views:	516
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	3770119  
The Following User Says Thank You to vhick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vhick Ad-Free
2nd June 2016, 03:18 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I use cm 12.1 by fiefofum
The Following User Says Thank You to phantom97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phantom97 Ad-Free
2nd June 2016, 04:27 PM |#7  
Flag Antipolo City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom97

I use cm 12.1 by fiefofum

Do you still suffer from audio bug even if in lollipop?
2nd June 2016, 06:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I use Mokee 5.1 Lollipop (History versiĆ³n) with STOCK kernel and I never face the music bug.
Nevertheless I know that changing into a custom kernel will bring me along the music bug.... That's why I want to know If this hack really works fine with custom kernels.
If it does for you, say Rom and Kernel, please. Thank you.

Enviado desde mi ifiveMini4 mediante Tapatalk
3rd June 2016, 02:03 AM |#9  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

I'm using Dirty Unicorn 10.2 but I never find that option in developers option as see in screenshot.

I cannot use custom kernel until some issues that I've experienced has been fix. So this feedback is for default kernel of DU.

I removed media storage in "don't optimize" state. I cannot retain to use only two cores because it dynamically change, so the only option that I change is mpdecision. I disabled mpdecision, I also use PowerAmp and enabled "use wakelock" under mics tweaks, then reboot.

I've surprised that I don't experienced annoying audio bug. I don't know the impact in battery but I really happy with the result.

This is initial because I've plan to use custom kernel and I will do this again if will replicate the result. Still, I'll give feedback in the future.

Thanks for the fix.

There isn't awesome player option on MM Rom. The awesome player option only exist on Lollipop Rom. I think the problem is on mpdecison cause I only change/disable mpdecision using kernel adiutor and the music bug is definitely gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ipoel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ipoel Ad-Free
3rd June 2016, 07:32 AM |#10  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 295

More
This seems to work!! Oh.. man finally something which works.. but doing what the OP says to do so makes the phone a little bit hotter. But atleast the issue is gone! Thanks Bro!
3rd June 2016, 08:10 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Do you still suffer from audio bug even if in lollipop?

Yeah with xcelerate kernel i do
The Following User Says Thank You to phantom97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phantom97 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
audiobug redmi1s musiclag audiolag, redmi 1s

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)