Flyme OS 6 - Android 7.1.2 - Redmi 2 (wt88047)

Search This thread

Prinz`

Jan 9, 2013
Tuticorin
Hi All

Flyme OS has been long present for Redmi 2. It was based on Android Lollipop (5.1.1) to date. A new version of Flyme OS 6 based on Android 7.1.2 has been released by the developer XXOS, Flyme 6.8.1.24R beta. Although this is labelled beta, it works well and is almost a daily driver material.

phone_image_29.png

Disclaimer: I have not developed this ROM. I am sharing this ROM so everyone can enjoy it.

FAQ:
1. Is Gapps compatible?
YES. I am using Beans Gapps 7.1.2 (Mini) and it works well with no issues. Open Gapps should be compatible too.
Once you download the ROM, open the zip file and delete a few system apps, to provide space for Gapps installation. I deleted the Video, Music, Ebook app from the "priv-app" folder in system

2. Does Xposed work?
I have installed and everything looks fine (Xposed status active), but the modules don't work and I've no idea why

3.Do Volte and mobile data work?
The option to enable Volte is present, but I don't use Volte and 4G, so if someone flashes it and reports, it would be good. Mobile data works for me as I am using single SIM, not sure of dual SIM

4.Root?
I have installed Magisk v15.3 and it works alright

5.Titanium Backup?
Yes it works perfectly

Bug List:
1. Maps has issues
2. Dual SIM users will not have mobile data working

Download:
ROM: Flyme OS 6
Gapps: Beans Mini

Attachments

• S80125-14460493.jpg
    S80125-14460493.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 5,780
  • S80125-14462876.jpg
    S80125-14462876.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 5,782
  • S80125-14411423.jpg
    S80125-14411423.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 5,388
  • S80125-14474465.jpg
    S80125-14474465.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 5,308
  • S80125-14481704.jpg
    S80125-14481704.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 5,111
  • S80125-14470955.jpg
    S80125-14470955.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 4,997
  • S80125-16264073.jpg
    S80125-16264073.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 4,776
  • S80125-16255432.jpg
    S80125-16255432.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 5,107
Last edited:

xehed

Aug 5, 2010
geek's
Hi All

Flyme OS has been long present for Redmi 2. It was based on Android Lollipop (5.1.1) to date. A new version of Flyme OS 6 based on Android 7.1.2 has been released by the developer XXOS, Flyme 6.8.1.24R beta. Although this is labelled beta, it works well and is almost a daily driver material

Bro, are you sure that build is based on Nougat?? Because the last previous build ( 6.8.1.04R beta) is still based on Marshmallow!
Can I see some screenshot of rom version?

Reactions: mundodroid

manikbabbar#7

Jan 15, 2017
Hi All

Flyme OS has been long present for Redmi 2. It was based on Android Lollipop (5.1.1) to date. A new version of Flyme OS 6 based on Android 7.1.2 has been released by the developer XXOS, Flyme 6.8.1.24R beta. Although this is labelled beta, it works well and is almost a daily driver material.

Disclaimer: I have not developed this ROM. I am sharing this ROM so everyone can enjoy it.

FAQ:
1. Is Gapps compatible?
YES. I am using Beans Gapps 7.1.2 (Mini) and it works well with no issues. Open Gapps should be compatible too.
Once you download the ROM, open the zip file and delete a few system apps, to provide space for Gapps installation. I deleted the Video, Music, Ebook app from the "priv-app" folder in system

2. Does Xposed work?
YES. I have used few modules and they all seem to work perfectly fine.

3.Does Volte work?
The option to enable Volte is present, but I don't use Volte and 4G, so if someone flashes it and reports, it would be good.

4.Root?

5.Titanium Backup?
Yes it works perfectly

Download:
AOSP Keyboard: Keyboard
Sure, is mobile data working

Prinz`

Jan 9, 2013
Tuticorin
Bro, are you sure that build is based on Nougat?? Because the last previous build ( 6.8.1.04R beta) is still based on Marshmallow!

Yea, it was on Marshmallow, but its now in Nougat :)
Check the screenshots

And I'm using single SIM, so mobile data is working for me, check screenshots

xehed

Aug 5, 2010
geek's
Yea, it was on Marshmallow, but its now in Nougat :)
Check the screenshots

And I'm using single SIM, so mobile data is working for me, check screenshots

Aha..dats cool, I was spying on them for long time and finally they bringing Nougat, :laugh:.
Anyway, what twrp did you use to flash them??

Superraju

May 29, 2016
Kolkata
Flyme has a common bug that is from Kitkat. If I use dual sim then data not work also random reboot. Anyone success till now with VoLte work and Dual Sim?

kenyeldodol

May 22, 2013
tangerang
Hi All

FAQ:
1. Is Gapps compatible?

2. Does Xposed work?
I have installed and everything looks fine (Xposed status active), but the modules don't work and I've no idea why

The option to enable Volte is present, but I don't use Volte and 4G, so if someone flashes it and reports, it would be good. Mobile data works for me as I am using single SIM, not sure of dual SIM

4.Root?

5.Titanium Backup?
Yes it works perfectly

Download:

Thanks sir for your shared this ROM,

But gps on application like uber maps dosnt work, how can i solve that?

12karan121

Jan 26, 2018
4g and jio both are not working
rom is based on 7.1.2
front camera is something else not like the other ones
animations are cool
browser is in chinese language
the rom is cool and nice ui

Reactions: Rdbuwono

karan miglani

Sep 14, 2017
Battery backup is good

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Flyme wallet and some other apps are in Chinese language

Jan 21, 2013
Bogotá
Hi.

I used this ROM back when it was based on 6.0.1 and it was painfully laggy for almost everything, despite mine is a Redmi 2 Pro/Prime (2Gb RAM).

Is it still slow as it was before?
Yeah, maybe some of you would say "try it yourself", and maybe I will, but, just to know, is it still laggy?

Thanks for sharing!

kenyeldodol

May 22, 2013
tangerang
anyone can fix google play service are updating?

please i want used this ROM but on application like uber whatsapp share loct cant show maps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All

phone_image_29.png

FAQ:
    1. Is Gapps compatible?

2. Does Xposed work?

4.Root?

5.Titanium Backup?
    Yes it works perfectly

Bug List:
    1. Maps has issues
    2. Dual SIM users will not have mobile data working

Download:
    Hi All

Flyme OS has been long present for Redmi 2. It was based on Android Lollipop (5.1.1) to date. A new version of Flyme OS 6 based on Android 7.1.2 has been released by the developer XXOS, Flyme 6.8.1.24R beta. Although this is labelled beta, it works well and is almost a daily driver material

am i have to delete system apps(16gb)?
    4g and jio both are not working
    rom is based on 7.1.2
    front camera is something else not like the other ones
    animations are cool
    browser is in chinese language
    the rom is cool and nice ui
    No it is not laggy I used this rom going very well no issues regarding performance