FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Xiaomi Redmi 2] Is possible to unlock Basebands?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By korolirio, Junior Member on 1st December 2015, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello. I have a Xiaomi Redmi 2 2014811 subversion which doesn't have the 850 GSM band that I need in the rural area where I live.
I have seen that the submodel 2014819 (Brazil) has this band and I would like to know if is possible to change the baseband by flashing any software.
In other words: Are submodels 2014811, 2014819 the same hardware with different radio/modem partition softwares or have they different hardwares?
I have seen that with other mobiles like Moto E 2015 is possible to change the region of the baseband by software:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...bands-t3163453

Thanks

2nd December 2015, 01:35 PM |#2  
Flag dauis
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I hope someone can help you with this
3rd December 2015, 11:17 PM |#3  
Flag Teresina
Thanks Meter: 612

Donate to Me
More
Hi, I'm Brazilian and got the HM2014819, as soon as I get the partition table I will upload it for you TO TRY of course after a Nandroid Backup by you. I will upload if the size match with my data plan
Well, I don't know if you will can successfully flash it, and if it will work.
Going to dump the modem here in a .img that you can flash or make a flash zip
4th December 2015, 09:59 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks Lennoard, but I think is not a modem issue. I am on the way to Unlock the GSM bands in the Qualcomm, if it would be possible.
I have followed all the steps in
- Unlocking Basebands on MI4 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4...s-mi4-t2879685)
- Unlock all bands of your Qualcomm device! Use your phone globally! No bs! (http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...ating-t2871269)
- [Q & A] how can i enable qualcom diagnostic mode? SOLVED (http://en.miui.com/thread-100458-1-1.html)
Now, if I read the NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I (#1877) from phone, the value is changed and all GSM and WCDMA bands are enabled, included the GSM 850 MHz band.
But I cannot connect to any GSM band and doesn't recognize any GSM provider in the area.
Bad luck
Anybody has tried this way with success?
Thanks
11th December 2015, 07:08 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Anybody changed the basebands of a xiaomi redmi 2 in the qualcomm way with success?
13th December 2015, 12:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I've tried the Qualcomm method and so far it's not working. Whenever I tried to add GSM/WCDMA bands, my phone keeps restarting. But, I can confirm that I can disable bands. When I tried to add LTE bands 5(850mhz) and 28(700mhz), the phone didn't restart but after disabling all other LTE bands, I'm quite sure the phone couldn't detect those bands. I don't think I can enable it because well... someone with an OPO couldn't... and 700mhz is just really low...

I don't know what's causing my phone to restart everytime I've added additional bands. What rom and you using? I'm using resurrection remix.
13th December 2015, 12:21 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmar452

I don't know what's causing my phone to restart everytime I've added additional bands. What rom and you using? I'm using resurrection remix.

Thanks. Now I doesn't feel so lonely.
I did the changes of NV with MIUI v7 installed in the phone and indeed, the changes are still present and the mobile works exactly like before the changes. I read the NV and the bands are enabled, but still doesn't connect to any different bands than before.
It is strange the behaviour you get with a different rom. The NVs should be not affected by the ROM, it isn't?
Which submodel of redmi 2 do you have? Is possible that different hardware or antennas could be assembled in the different submodels of this mobile?
Thanks
13th December 2015, 12:40 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by korolirio

Thanks. Now I doesn't feel so lonely.
I did the changes of NV with MIUI v7 installed in the phone and indeed, the changes are still present and the mobile works exactly like before the changes. I read the NV and the bands are enabled, but still doesn't connect to any different bands than before.
It is strange the behaviour you get with a different rom. The NVs should be not affected by the ROM, it isn't?
Which submodel of redmi 2 do you have? Is possible that different hardware or antennas could be assembled in the different submodels of this mobile?
Thanks

I'm using 2014813, I wanted to add 900mhz wcdma which 2014811 has, but I chose 2014813 because it supported more lte frequencies that my carrier uses. There's also some lte frequencies that both models don't support which I tried to add.

I'll try to add bands with miui tomorrow.
13th December 2015, 01:37 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmar452

I'll try to add bands with miui tomorrow.

Ok. I am waiting for your results.
Good luck
14th December 2015, 08:33 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by korolirio

Ok. I am waiting for your results.
Good luck

I've flashed miui. So far instead of my phone restarting after trying to connect, the radio keeps turning off and on.
14th December 2015, 01:52 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Ups! What a different behaviour! Is it maybe because you are changing the NVs for 4G/LTE? I only enabled all the 2G and WCDMA (3G) Bands and didn't changed anything in the 4G and my phone just works and detects networks exactly like before, nothing looked like to change.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)