FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[EOL][KERNEL][ido][CAF][v3.10.107] Chtolly Kernel - r16 (23-09-2017)

4,988 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,360
 
Thread Closed Email Thread
6th March 2017, 07:58 PM |#11  
bataya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 398
 
More
Work on last lineage

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1488830283056.jpg
Views:	7062
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	4064499
 
 
7th March 2017, 01:06 AM |#12  
raffles496's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Work in RR 5.8.1. Thanks for you support.
Greetings from Mexico.


Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170306-190349.png
Views:	5988
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	4064809  
7th March 2017, 01:34 AM |#13  
krasCGQ's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kendari, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 3,360
 
More
Is this a war about "show your About phone section with my kernel installed"?

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170307-093305.png
Views:	1634
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	4064823  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krasCGQ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krasCGQ Ad-Free
7th March 2017, 01:55 AM |#14  
khnoizer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Malang
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Nice, anyway, why would you plan to report permissive selinux as enforced on your planned list? Isn't it better if we know the true status instead?
7th March 2017, 02:02 AM |#15  
krasCGQ's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kendari, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 3,360
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khnoizer

Nice, anyway, why would you plan to report permissive selinux as enforced on your planned list? Isn't it better if we know the true status instead?

Some are enjoying Permissive SELinux instead but don't want SafetyNet to be triggered; that's why I'm planning that. Magisk Hide does that actually tho.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs
7th March 2017, 02:17 AM |#16  
khnoizer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Malang
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasCGQ

Some are enjoying Permissive SELinux instead but don't want SafetyNet to be triggered; that's why I'm planning that. Magisk Hide does that actually tho.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs

Oh, I see. But that's an optional feature, right? I personally prefer enforcing as I am a silly paranoid about security issues .
7th March 2017, 02:32 AM |#17  
krasCGQ's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kendari, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 3,360
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khnoizer

Oh, I see. But that's an optional feature, right? I personally prefer enforcing as I am a silly paranoid about security issues .

Dunno. Anything can happen

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs
7th March 2017, 03:21 AM |#18  
Irwan Fauzi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Confirmed working with crdroid.. But the default io is still bfq. Thumbs up!

Edit: my bad its bfq default. I didn't finish reading kernel features sorry..
7th March 2017, 04:25 AM |#19  
krasCGQ's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kendari, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 3,360
 
More
Known issues updated, especially for Russians. Kindly check back 2nd post.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs
7th March 2017, 04:59 AM |#20  
khnoizer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Malang
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasCGQ

Dunno. Anything can happen

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs

One more question, Mr. @krasCGQ (sorry, a newbie question ), it was said that it based on CAF (code aurora) with patches from LOS. If I'm not wrong, CAF is either made or supported by Qualcomm (CMIIW), our chipset brand. As we knew that Xiaomi gave us broken kernel source, so we currently not able to compete adequately with MIUI because we don't have all the sources needed to maximize the performance of our hardware. So, with the existence of CAF (I might not completely understand the whole situation and what actually CAF is), in your opinion, how are our chances to emulate the power of MIUI on our device using LOS based roms?
7th March 2017, 05:12 AM |#21  
krasCGQ's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kendari, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 3,360
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khnoizer

One more question, Mr. @krasCGQ (sorry, a newbie question ), it was said that it based on CAF (code aurora) with patches from LOS. If I'm not wrong, CAF is either made or supported by Qualcomm (CMIIW), our chipset brand. As we knew that Xiaomi gave us broken kernel source, so we currently not able to compete adequately with MIUI because we don't have all the sources needed to maximize the performance of our hardware. So, with the existence of CAF (I might not completely understand the whole situation and what actually CAF is), in your opinion, how are our chances to emulate the power of MIUI on our device using LOS based roms?

Copying and pasting from one of AOSP-CAF threads:
Code:
What's CodeAurora Forums ?

Code Aurora Forum (CAF) is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. Software projects it concerns itself with are e.g. Android for MSM, Femto Linux Project, LLVM, MSM WLAN and Linux-MSM. Code Aurora is basically AOSP plus all Qualcomm specific enhancements and optimization.
So instead of saying "based on LineageOS 14.1 kernel source", I say that it based on CAF kernel source with LineageOS updates and patches; typically because anupritaisno1 doesn't like that mentioning.

And yes, we have chances, but not 100% unless proprietary Xiaomi stuffs are open-sourced.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to krasCGQ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krasCGQ Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes