44 posts
Thanks Meter: 153

By nehz, Member on 29th April 2016, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2016, 01:37 PM |#501  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 153

More
The 3s ROM is MM so it might be possible to get a stable CM13 build using it as a base (even if different CPU/GPU)... I might try if nothing from Xiaomi comes and when my new SSD comes so I can fork the build...
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nehz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nehz Ad-Free

20th June 2016, 01:59 PM |#502  
Flag Huelva
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehz

The 3s ROM is MM so it might be possible to get a stable CM13 build using it as a base (even if different CPU/GPU)... I might try if nothing from Xiaomi comes and when my new SSD comes so I can fork the build...

Ok. Thank you Nehz. 3s base can be useful for us!! Also, for porting MM miui.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk
20th June 2016, 05:04 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
@nehz in that possible MM rom, do you think you can use the native API for the fingerprint sensor?

Otherwise, do you know @pocaropa works about add support for finger print sensor in cyanogenmod 12.1? he think you can use his work to integrate the fingerprint sensor in your cyanogenmod 12.1 because redmi note 3 and redmi 3 pro have the same fingerprint sensor. what do you think? thanks in advance.

https://github.com/pocarropa/android...4cf4fde5724acd

https://github.com/pocarropa/android...4cf4fde5724acd
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yulvir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yulvir Ad-Free
20th June 2016, 05:06 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 2,907

More
I only wait for fingerprint support before switching to this rom
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FcukBloat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FcukBloat Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 07:26 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 2,907

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usblaidas

And yet, all cm13 builds provide worse battery life plus broken cameras...
Really nice ROM, but I'm so used to notification light that it's pretty much a deal breaker for me

trying quickly this rom and notification led seems to work fine for me.. it doesn't for you??

while fingerprint is not supported, do you know if there is a xposed module maybe to wake up the phone moving near the proximity sensor? I think to remember it is a feature built-in cm13, but don't see it in cm12.1.... tia!

EDIT: and one problem I think I found: when selecting for example onle 2g and 3g (preferred) as network mode in sim settings, after rebooting this setting is set to default again (with all 2g/3g/lte/wcdma/TC etc etc). is this something that can be fixed hopefully?
22nd June 2016, 01:07 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Great ROM. I've been using this happily for about two weeks after using the Cofface ROM for about six. That I can use the IR function is the greatest difference for me. I wonder if anyone can help me improve the GPS function. I've had a terrible time trying to gain (and hold) a GPS lock with both or these 12.1 ROMs. I've even tried to (re)calibrate it using apps like GPS Status and GPS essentials with no joy. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi 3
22nd June 2016, 02:09 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 2,300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moly82

I only wait for fingerprint support before switching to this rom

all of those waiting for fingerprint support, try porting it yourself. I've managed to get the miui stable rom's fast dormancy app to work with nehz's CM. its just copying and pasting some apps and libs. I don;t have a pro so i dont know what libs the fingerprint sensor requires
22nd June 2016, 03:28 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinAsia

Great ROM. I've been using this happily for about two weeks after using the Cofface ROM for about six. That I can use the IR function is the greatest difference for me. I wonder if anyone can help me improve the GPS function. I've had a terrible time trying to gain (and hold) a GPS lock with both or these 12.1 ROMs. I've even tried to (re)calibrate it using apps like GPS Status and GPS essentials with no joy. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi 3

Don't put your GPS in high accuracy. Choose device only instead.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2016, 03:40 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davtse

all of those waiting for fingerprint support, try porting it yourself. I've managed to get the miui stable rom's fast dormancy app to work with nehz's CM. its just copying and pasting some apps and libs. I don;t have a pro so i dont know what libs the fingerprint sensor requires

If I only knew how to do it... :/

Now I'm gonna go mediate... or masturbate... or maybe both
The Following User Says Thank You to Stopperan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stopperan Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 03:47 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinAsia

I wonder if anyone can help me improve the GPS function. I've had a terrible time trying to gain (and hold) a GPS lock with both or these 12.1 ROMs. I've even tried to (re)calibrate it using apps like GPS Status and GPS essentials with no joy. Thanks.

GPS was already fine for me on CM12 , but after using the app TopNTP (root required), it's even faster. After configuration of gps.conf for my region it somehow seems to lock immediately after starting GPS Test, even when there is no "real" GPS fix. It starts with accuracy of 1000m or so (Network Location accuracy), and when satellites reception kick in, accuracy increases to 10-3m just a few s later.
22nd June 2016, 04:03 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phidung3721

Don't put your GPS in high accuracy. Choose device only instead.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

I always have my location setting on my phones at "device only". Doesn't lock. I *subsequently* tried "high accuracy" but it doesn't help.

Thank you for your suggestion just the same.

Sent from my Redmi 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)