[ROM] CM 12.1 [stock prebuilt kernel][unlocked bootloader]

Search This thread

pepuandroll

Oct 27, 2014
Huelva
The 3s ROM is MM so it might be possible to get a stable CM13 build using it as a base (even if different CPU/GPU)... I might try if nothing from Xiaomi comes and when my new SSD comes so I can fork the build...
Ok. Thank you Nehz. 3s base can be useful for us!! Also, for porting MM miui.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

yulvir

Oct 21, 2013
@nehz in that possible MM rom, do you think you can use the native API for the fingerprint sensor?

Otherwise, do you know @pocaropa works about add support for finger print sensor in cyanogenmod 12.1? he think you can use his work to integrate the fingerprint sensor in your cyanogenmod 12.1 because redmi note 3 and redmi 3 pro have the same fingerprint sensor. what do you think? thanks in advance.

https://github.com/pocarropa/androi...mmit/29a7fcbc6917ef8991402983b64cf4fde5724acd

https://github.com/pocarropa/androi...mmit/29a7fcbc6917ef8991402983b64cf4fde5724acd

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
And yet, all cm13 builds provide worse battery life plus broken cameras...
Really nice ROM, but I'm so used to notification light that it's pretty much a deal breaker for me
trying quickly this rom and notification led seems to work fine for me.. it doesn't for you??

while fingerprint is not supported, do you know if there is a xposed module maybe to wake up the phone moving near the proximity sensor? I think to remember it is a feature built-in cm13, but don't see it in cm12.1.... tia!

EDIT: and one problem I think I found: when selecting for example onle 2g and 3g (preferred) as network mode in sim settings, after rebooting this setting is set to default again (with all 2g/3g/lte/wcdma/TC etc etc). is this something that can be fixed hopefully?

Last edited:

DaveinAsia

May 21, 2013
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
Great ROM. I've been using this happily for about two weeks after using the Cofface ROM for about six. That I can use the IR function is the greatest difference for me. I wonder if anyone can help me improve the GPS function. I've had a terrible time trying to gain (and hold) a GPS lock with both or these 12.1 ROMs. I've even tried to (re)calibrate it using apps like GPS Status and GPS essentials with no joy. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi 3

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
I only wait for fingerprint support before switching to this rom :crying: :fingers-crossed:

all of those waiting for fingerprint support, try porting it yourself. I've managed to get the miui stable rom's fast dormancy app to work with nehz's CM. its just copying and pasting some apps and libs. I don;t have a pro so i dont know what libs the fingerprint sensor requires

phidung3721

Nov 5, 2011
Great ROM. I've been using this happily for about two weeks after using the Cofface ROM for about six. That I can use the IR function is the greatest difference for me. I wonder if anyone can help me improve the GPS function. I've had a terrible time trying to gain (and hold) a GPS lock with both or these 12.1 ROMs. I've even tried to (re)calibrate it using apps like GPS Status and GPS essentials with no joy. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi 3
Don't put your GPS in high accuracy. Choose device only instead.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Stopperan

May 21, 2016
all of those waiting for fingerprint support, try porting it yourself. I've managed to get the miui stable rom's fast dormancy app to work with nehz's CM. its just copying and pasting some apps and libs. I don;t have a pro so i dont know what libs the fingerprint sensor requires
If I only knew how to do it... :/

Now I'm gonna go mediate... or masturbate... or maybe both

Reactions: FcukBloat

JeeHaa

Aug 28, 2007
I wonder if anyone can help me improve the GPS function. I've had a terrible time trying to gain (and hold) a GPS lock with both or these 12.1 ROMs. I've even tried to (re)calibrate it using apps like GPS Status and GPS essentials with no joy. Thanks.

GPS was already fine for me on CM12 , but after using the app TopNTP (root required), it's even faster. After configuration of gps.conf for my region it somehow seems to lock immediately after starting GPS Test, even when there is no "real" GPS fix. It starts with accuracy of 1000m or so (Network Location accuracy), and when satellites reception kick in, accuracy increases to 10-3m just a few s later.

DaveinAsia

May 21, 2013
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
GPS was already fine for me on CM12 , but after using the app TopNTP (root required), it's even faster. After configuration of gps.conf for my region it somehow seems to lock immediately after starting GPS Test, even when there is no "real" GPS fix. It starts with accuracy of 1000m or so (Network Location accuracy), and when satellites reception kick in, accuracy increases to 10-3m just a few s later.

Thanks, JeeHaa. I tried downloading TopNTP, granting root access, configuring it with Global settings as well as applicable regional settings, rebooting it and trying to access my location wirh Google Maps and it still will not lock. (See screenshot).

And each attempt is in the open air with unimpeded line of sight to the sky and away from any tall buildings.

Sent from my Redmi 3

Attachments

• 1466608850835.jpg
    1466608850835.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 399

JeeHaa

Aug 28, 2007
Thanks, JeeHaa. I tried downloading TopNTP, granting root access, configuring it with Global settings as well as applicable regional settings, rebooting it and trying to access my location wirh Google Maps and it still will not lock. (See screenshot).
And each attempt is in the open air with unimpeded line of sight to the sky and away from any tall buildings.
Sent from my Redmi 3

Do you see any satellite bars in GPS test:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=nl

Maybe a factory reset will fix things (make backup)?

KcLKcL

Dec 3, 2011
Jakarta
@nehz in that possible MM rom, do you think you can use the native API for the fingerprint sensor?

Otherwise, do you know @pocaropa works about add support for finger print sensor in cyanogenmod 12.1? he think you can use his work to integrate the fingerprint sensor in your cyanogenmod 12.1 because redmi note 3 and redmi 3 pro have the same fingerprint sensor. what do you think? thanks in advance.

Libraries for hennessy doesn't work. I compared some of them with ido's libs, they are different. Even the fingerprintservice.apk is different (hennessy's apk won't work on our device).

If we could have a list on which files and blobs to include, we could probably make fingerprint work via apk frontend as hennessy does.

francescod

Jun 13, 2010
Italy
Libraries for hennessy doesn't work. I compared some of them with ido's libs, they are different. Even the fingerprintservice.apk is different (hennessy's apk won't work on our device).

If we could have a list on which files and blobs to include, we could probably make fingerprint work via apk frontend as hennessy does.
I think Kenzo's files (Redmi Note 3 Pro) are more compatible (Snap and Android 5.1) with our Redmi 3.

yulvir

Oct 21, 2013

They created a new apk app for control de fingerprint in cyanogenmod because it is totally different in miui. Do you find if the finger print sensor is the same in ido device and in the Hennessy device? If this sensor is the same and the rom is cyanogenmod 12.1 in booth don't you think you can use some part of Pocaropa work?

KcLKcL

Dec 3, 2011
Jakarta
They created a new apk app for control de fingerprint in cyanogenmod because it is totally different in miui. Do you find if the finger print sensor is the same in ido device and in the Hennessy device? If this sensor is the same and the rom is cyanogenmod 12.1 in booth don't you think you can use some part of Pocaropa work?

Yes, maybe we can use the apk frontend from the pocaropa's repo. For the backend apk/fingerprintservice, I'd look into the ido's stock rom files, and compare them to kenzo's etc. It's just a matter of mixing and matching files, though I don't know if it would work. Sounds too simple to be true.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About:
    Plain stock CM 12.1 (stable/cm-12.1-YOG7D)
    Camera2 is replaced with Snap
    Added QCOM FM Radio
    Added Omniswitch from Omnirom

Changelog:
    Latest: 20160612
    • Restored FM Radio
    • Enabled core_ctl
    • Prebuilt (stock) kernel and vendor blobs updated to MIUI 7.3.2
    • LED blink
      Set both speed and length to pulse
      Temporary fix for HAL driver allows blinking for primary colors, so #000101 becomes #00ffff, etc. Full range of colors requires kernel changes I believe.
      Also current kernel does not have duty cycles patterns, so pulse speed and length is constant.
    • Battery stats working
    • Added keylayout for some headsets
    • Battery current drain should be correctly reported now
    • USB drive OTG mounting fixed
    • Video capture fps/bitrate fixed

Bugs:

• Light detector might get stuck at NULL if no light is detected on boot (to be confirmed)
    • Gyroscope/Orientation issue for some devices (devices with YAS for gravity/linear/gyro should be fine)
    • Native FLAC audio not working (use VLC or poweramp for now)
    • Audio must be played without headphones plugged in first time on boot, else audio might fail to route correctly to headphones.. it is a bit inconsistent
    • Full range color LED blink
    • SIM might require reboot first time to work correctly
    • Full disk encryption does not work with camera (otherwise seems fine)
      The issue is with vendor specific libraries (libmmcamera_s5k3l8_eeprom.so) segfault for unknown reasons.
    • Currently undergoing testing

Recovery Flash ROM:
    https://mega.nz/#!WNIjFRoL!jxL1q0AODa1qxknQtrfQIG4aKbH6fqbO572vYpNIB8E
    It is recommended to backup with TWRP before updating or installing

MTP Connectivity:
    Require phone to be security unlocked to see contents
    Driver Install:
    Device Manager -> MTP (unknown) -> Right Click Update Driver Software -> Browse -> Let me pick -> Portable Devices -> (Standard MTP Device) -> MTP Device​

TWRP Recovery:
    http://twrp.me/devices/xiaomiredmi3.html
    Volume (Up + Down) + Power​

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.
    Hi guys been busy. Updated build with some changes (LED blink working with some caveats).
    Probably will hold off any big fixes until MIUI8 lands as it should come with marshmallow, meaning I can port CM13 without lib patching hacks.
    Will clean up source and release it before working on CM13 though...

FLAC hopefully will be fixed in CM13; tried ffmpeg codecs, but it seems related to sample rate not getting set properly.

Also I might have a look at porting a kernel if no other devs get around to it ... any suggestions on what is good/compatible with msm8939/msm8916 with focus on battery ?
    The 3s ROM is MM so it might be possible to get a stable CM13 build using it as a base (even if different CPU/GPU)... I might try if nothing from Xiaomi comes and when my new SSD comes so I can fork the build...
    New boot.img for testing. Enables core_ctl (thanks @vikoadi) and also sets min freq to 200MHz to allow governor to scale below 960MHz.
    Big cores => min: 2, max: 4
    Small cores => min:1, max 4

Hopefully better battery life, without too much performance hit.
    Will be in next build if testing shows good performance.

Flash using
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img