FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Cofface][30.03.16] CM12.1 for Redmi 3 [Unlocked BL]

126 posts
Thanks Meter: 22
 
By berrytarts, Senior Member on 31st March 2016, 11:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
(By the way, the translation is made by me, but you can view the webpage with the translate function on Google Chrome anyway..)
This is a ROM by the person who brought TWRP to the Chinese users - Cofface. Original thread is on the Chinese MIUI Forums. http://www.miui.com/thread-3986022-1-1.html

*I am still waiting for my bootloader to be unlocked but this is the ROM I'd try when it is. So far I've been reading the comments on the forum, there hasn't been reports of issues with this ROM. Please do an Antivirus scan using your preferred antivirus app upon flashing anyway. (Some Chinese CM12.1 ROMS come with bloatware and 1 was reported to have a Trojan Horse picked up by a Chinese antivirus app - which could have been a false positive anyway http://www.miui.com/thread-3980415-1-1.html)

Known Bug: LED notification light remains on when a notification comes in. (does not flash)

ROM日志:
1、基于cyanogenmod 12.1 5.1.1最新源码适配编译; (Comes with Cyanogenmod 5.1.1 .. compiled from the latest source)
2、基带、信号、蓝牙、wifi、相机均正常;(Modem, Bluetooth, Wifi, Camera working normally)
3、CM项目该有的功能均支持;(All CM features supported)
4、显示、双卡、通话正常;(Telephony, Dual SIM working normally)
5、相机、传感器均测试正常;(Camera, all sensors working fine)
6、ROM无任何推广软件;(Doesn't come with ads)
7、更多功能自行体验;(Experience the rest of the other features yourself)
等;(etc)

注意事项:
需要先解锁bl; (BEFORE Flashing - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER)
Requires TWRP recovery. http://www.miui.com/thread-3917207-1-1.html OR TWRP by Anik_khan http://forum.xda-developers.com/redm...overy-t3340118
刷机前记得清空数据 (Before flashing, please wipe data & cache)
I believe GApps have to be flashed too. If I'm not wrong, flash ARM64 > 5.1 > pico. (http://opengapps.org/)
Enable root under Developer options (I think)

转载/责任声明: (Before downloading, please understand that)
* 本ROM已在本人机器测试通过,纯属个人兴趣自制,非官方内核,;(ROM has been tested on personal device, it is not an Official CM12.1 ROM)
* 请务必保证电池电量在30%以上并保证刷机过程中电脑不会断电;(Please have a charge of above 30% before flashing to avoid bricking your device due to a depleted battery)
* 刷机有风险,请仔细阅读相关的刷机教程并自行承担刷机风险,本人不对任何刷机失败承担任何责任;(Flashing comes with its risks, please read up the guides on flashing and the responsibility is on yourself should anything happen, Cofface is not going to account for any issues due to failure from flashing the device)
* 如果您在此ROM的基础上修复了某些尚未发现的Bug,并提出改善建议,建议继续公开和分享您的工作成果;(If you find any bugs within the ROM, please raise suggestions for improvement)
* 本人特此申明对ROM之使用不提供任何保证,不对任何用户保证本内核的适用性,不保证无故障产生;(Basically he will not be responsible for whatever you do to your device)
亦不对任何用户使用此ROM所遭遇到的任何理论上的或实际上的损失承担责任; (same as above)
* 刷此ROM引起的保修失效、变砖等问题不在此ROM发布人可以解决的问题范围之内;
* 如果您使用本ROM,即表示已经默认接受了此协议 . (using the ROM you have accepted the terms)
支持微博 (support Weibo - the social media service like Twitter+Facebook in China) = weibo.com/cofface

Screenshots (from Cofface's thread on Chinese MIUI forum):



Download link (Baidu): http://pan.baidu.com/s/1slN1Q0l
(Please click on the button that says 【下载(362.6M)】, then click 【普通下载】, proceed to Create Baidu account(required))

Download link (Mega): https://mega.nz/#!l4RRVDLQ!TPLe5oEVD...UScinn6v_YL1Cs
Download link (Google Drive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-g...ew?usp=sharing


I have used this ROM for over 2 weeks and it is extremely stable for everyday use. The headphones issue takes some plugging in/out of headphones, but it works after a while.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to berrytarts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berrytarts Ad-Free
 
 
31st March 2016, 12:50 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Thanks for sharing.
I'm already testing this ROM. This rom have the same bugs as the others CM builds for example the LED notification is bugged (doesn't blink) and you can't choose what LED colour do you want for each app.
Also it comes without Radio FM.
Im still testing battery life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to victorrz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift victorrz Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 12:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorrz

Thanks for sharing.
I'm already testing this ROM. This rom have the same bugs as the others CM builds for example the LED notification is bugged (doesn't blink) and you can't choose what LED colour do you want for each app.
Also it comes without Radio FM.
Im still testing battery life.

so when a notification comes the LED stays on for the entire time until you check your mobile?
31st March 2016, 01:09 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrytarts

so when a notification comes the LED stays on for the entire time until you check your mobile?

Exactly, but it happens on all CM builds for Redmi 3.
31st March 2016, 05:17 PM |#5  
WaKaManG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Im on the 4th version of CM 12.1 from miui.com.
After the report of trojan in rom i scanned with AVG and Sophos, found nothing. 360 AV found a trojan, but not clear what exactly.
See attachted screen shots. I will flash th cofface rom and report back.
Thanks for uploading to Mega and Gdrive.

EDIT :
I dirty flashed the cofface rom over 4th version CM 12.1. No more trojan found by 360 AV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-31-17-56-44.png
Views:	2300
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	3702959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-31-17-56-59.png
Views:	2252
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	3702960  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaKaManG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WaKaManG Ad-Free
1st April 2016, 07:51 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@[email protected]

Im on the 4th version of CM 12.1 from miui.com.
After the report of trojan in rom i scanned with AVG and Sophos, found nothing. 360 AV found a trojan, but not clear what exactly.
See attachted screen shots. I will flash th cofface rom and report back.
Thanks for uploading to Mega and Gdrive.

EDIT :
I dirty flashed the cofface rom over 4th version CM 12.1. No more trojan found by 360 AV.

What gapps did you install along with it?
1st April 2016, 09:41 AM |#7  
WaKaManG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber-AUS


What gapps did you install along with it?

I flashed Pico gapps from opengapps on the 4th cm12.1.
When dirty flashing I didn't flash gapps on the cofface version.
1st April 2016, 09:52 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@[email protected]

I flashed Pico gapps from opengapps on the 4th cm12.1.
When dirty flashing I didn't flash gapps on the cofface version.

I flashed open_gapps-arm64-5.1-pico-20160331.zip from opengapps and after booting back in to CM and unlocking I'm stuck on a black screen... any ideas what is going on?

I wiped clean and tried the whole install of CM and Gapps again and it did the same thing.

CM runs nice and quick and without issues until I try install gapps. (also tried their nano and full versions just in case)
1st April 2016, 10:06 AM |#9  
WaKaManG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber-AUS


I flashed open_gapps-arm64-5.1-pico-20160331.zip from opengapps and after booting back in to CM and unlocking I'm stuck on a black screen... any ideas what is going on?

I wiped clean and tried the whole install of CM and Gapps again and it did the same thing.

CM runs nice and quick and without issues until I try install gapps. (also tried their nano and full versions just in case)

You can try other gapps, like bank gapps.
Strange problem. Opengapps should work fine.
After flashing gapps you wiped cache?
1st April 2016, 10:47 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber-AUS

I flashed open_gapps-arm64-5.1-pico-20160331.zip from opengapps and after booting back in to CM and unlocking I'm stuck on a black screen... any ideas what is going on?

I used gapps-511-base-20160323-1-signed.zip on my CM12.1 install.
1st April 2016, 12:10 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igortski

I used gapps-511-base-20160323-1-signed.zip on my CM12.1 install.

Yeah must have just been something weird in the latest opengapps.

I ended up trying http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ition-t2943330

Worked a treat.

Thanks for the help/tips
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes