LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
What's working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Fingerprint (FPC1020 only)
- Video Playback
What's not working :
- You tell me!
- Download the latest build and GApps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and GApps
Variant Compatibility :
- This build is compatible with Redmi 3/Pro.
- @Men_in_black007 for helping me always!
- CyanogenMod/LineageOS Team
- My developer friends
- Xiaomi: For providing the Kernel Source Code
LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...xiaomi_msm8916
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Beta Release Date: 2016-10-27
Last Updated 2017-01-25