FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TWRP flash succesful, but no recovery boot.

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By lalontra, Junior Member on 14th March 2017, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,
I have an Redmi 3 pro with unlocked BL and the latest "official" weekly 7.3.9 from xiaomi.eu and latest TWRP 3.0.2.0 from official twrp site.

I am unable to flash twrp.
I flash it with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img then boot into it using fastboot boot recovery.img with no issue at all.

Then,
if i reboot into recovery from twrp itself it still works.
if i let it boot the phone in its bootloader (POW+VOL_UP the one where you can choose "download" "fasboot" or "recovery") and i select recovery, it does not boot. The phone boots instead.
if i choose from the updater to reboot in recovery, same.
if i choose from flashify (which shows me "stock recovery" is installed), same.
if i use adb reboot recovery same.

i can only boot it using command fastboot boot recovery.img.
It just looks like the twrp flash says OKAY but it's not being flashed.

I've also tried cofface recovery with no success.
i've also tried official twrp app with no success.
everytime flash goes fine and successfully, but i'm unable to boot the phone in recovery itself.
i must always use fastboot boot recovery.img

Hints?
The Following User Says Thank You to lalontra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lalontra Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 02:13 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kendari
Thanks Meter: 4,914

More
Hi @lalontra,
Use combination of Power+Vol(+)+Vol(-) button. It should boots you to recovery.

Regards.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krasCGQ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krasCGQ Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 10:00 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It is error in this release ROM
You are not alone, its problem of this concrete ROM from 9.3.2017 ido.! You must flash different ROM, previous release.
15th March 2017, 11:48 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasCGQ

Hi @lalontra,

Regards.

Hi,
Did not work.

I have now reverted to 7.2.24 and TWRP from the TWRP from the phone is back. I think something is broken in 7.3.9 global weekly miui build.
15th March 2017, 04:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasCGQ

Hi @lalontra,

Regards.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA Labs

For me works

Sent from my Redmi 3 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to complicazio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift complicazio Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 12:22 AM |#6  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 11

More
The Volume+ and Volume- and Power worked for me even with the rom error. Hold all buttons til you see the Mi logo, then release Power but keep holding both of the Volume buttons. I also reflashed TWRP Recovery via Fastboot, so maybe that was it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phenomejohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phenomejohn Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 07:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm also facing a problem around TWRP 3.0.2.

But different situation

I always failed/unable to boot into recovery or bootloader everytime I click reboot recovery or bootloader button in TWRP recovery mode.

I still try to find a way how to fix it. Because all the articles that I found always explain about "cannot enter to recovery mode from the system", not from the recovery mode itself.

Do you got anything from all the steps above? Please let me know if there something u can share. Thanks in advance
21st March 2017, 08:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Here's what happened in my xiaomi redmi 3 pro. Always failed to boot into recovery again or into bootloader mode when I'm still in TWRP mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170322_013145.jpg
Views:	2628
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	4083589  
29th March 2017, 03:05 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalontra

Hi,
Did not work.

I have now reverted to 7.2.24 and TWRP from the TWRP from the phone is back. I think something is broken in 7.3.9 global weekly miui build.

Update, once installed 7.3.23 all three buttons combination works!
What still does not work is adb reboot recovery nor reboot in recovery from update page, but this is fine to me.
Thanks a lot!
7th April 2017, 07:22 PM |#10  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittown

I'm also facing a problem around TWRP 3.0.2.

But different situation

I always failed/unable to boot into recovery or bootloader everytime I click reboot recovery or bootloader button in TWRP recovery mode.

I still try to find a way how to fix it. Because all the articles that I found always explain about "cannot enter to recovery mode from the system", not from the recovery mode itself.

Do you got anything from all the steps above? Please let me know if there something u can share. Thanks in advance

Hello there, Im also facing the same.

I can enter both recovery / bootloader from key combo but not from the system nor TWRP itself. I cannot really find a way to fix issue wich is kinda annoying for us flashaolics...

hope someone can find a way to fix it!
1st May 2017, 06:59 AM |#11  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalontra

Hi All,
I have an Redmi 3 pro with unlocked BL and the latest "official" weekly 7.3.9 from xiaomi.eu and latest TWRP 3.0.2.0 from official twrp site.

I am unable to flash twrp.
I flash it with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img then boot into it using fastboot boot recovery.img with no issue at all.

Then,
if i reboot into recovery from twrp itself it still works.
if i let it boot the phone in its bootloader (POW+VOL_UP the one where you can choose "download" "fasboot" or "recovery") and i select recovery, it does not boot. The phone boots instead.
if i choose from the updater to reboot in recovery, same.
if i choose from flashify (which shows me "stock recovery" is installed), same.
if i use adb reboot recovery same.

i can only boot it using command fastboot boot recovery.img.
It just looks like the twrp flash says OKAY but it's not being flashed.

I've also tried cofface recovery with no success.
i've also tried official twrp app with no success.
everytime flash goes fine and successfully, but i'm unable to boot the phone in recovery itself.
i must always use fastboot boot recovery.img

Hints?

I'm facing same problem with you since updated to 7.3.9 Global Beta ROM.
I can only boot into TWRP by holding down Power + Vol Up + Vol Down buttons simultaneously.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenix

Hello there, Im also facing the same.

I can enter both recovery / bootloader from key combo but not from the system nor TWRP itself. I cannot really find a way to fix issue wich is kinda annoying for us flashaolics...

hope someone can find a way to fix it!

I'm still on 7.3.30, does it fixed in the latest update?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)