FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

CM14.1 for Redmi 4 pro welcome (now we have cm13 port)

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By fillonov, Member on 1st December 2016, 10:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Im waiting for cm14.1 for our redmi 4 prime.
Is there any links?
==================
NEW from @wsydgx
==================
ReUploaded m13 19-01-2017
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzN...QxcHhUZmM/view
____
@xiaobai112220 ported CM13 onto Redmi 4 Prime (625 ONLY)
Here is the original thread (in Chinese)
http://www.miui.com/thread-6365009-1-1.html
I've downloaded ROM from the Chinese site and re-uploaded to Google Drive for faster download.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...HUyMm8yZ19UbVU
NOTE: BEFORE flashing this ROM you need to unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP recovery made by Cofface
No one will be responsible for any damage it may occur your device and all credit goes to @xiaobai112220 and @cofface
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fillonov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fillonov Ad-Free
1st December 2016, 06:36 PM |#2  
Flag Harstad
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have not come cross by any cm versions yet. I'll bet we are awaiting kernel sources to be released by xiaomi before we have any developers working on this device.
The Following User Says Thank You to krestean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krestean Ad-Free
1st December 2016, 07:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krestean

awaiting kernel sources to be released by xiaomi before we have any developers working on this device.

I did a bit of searching and on the mi5 they waited more than 5 months to released the kernel source and they release the MIUI 7 kernel source as they rolled out the MIUI 8 update. I want to buy this phone so badly, but I am holding my breath for now. Anyone know more about the time that xiaomi usually takes to release the kernel sources?

I saw someone wrote "xiaomi is the blackberry of the east" LOL. I hope that was just a troll, I really want to buy the redmi 4 prime.
2nd December 2016, 07:18 AM |#4  
Flag Bramsche
Thanks Meter: 23

More
yep... CM14.1 would be nice or CM13 at least.
But you are right about the kernel sources

on Redmi 3S brave developers had built their own kernel for CM13 and it's working pretty stable
Maybe we have luck and there's a nice, brave developer for our Redmi 4 Pro ?
Fingers Crossed!
5th December 2016, 04:30 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I've downloaded ROM from the Chinese site and re-uploaded to Google Drive for faster download.
NOTE: BEFORE flashing this ROM you need to unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP recovery made by Cofface
No one will be responsible for any damage it may occur your device and all credit goes to @xiaobai112220 and @cofface
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wsydgx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wsydgx Ad-Free
5th December 2016, 05:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsydgx

Whoa, thanks for the info and reupload!
Just got my bootloader unlock permission yesterday but still stuck at 50% unlocking process

EDIT : Got my device unlocked
5th December 2016, 07:28 AM |#7  
Flag Bramsche

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsydgx

Thanks! I've overseen this

Anyone tested yet ? My google translater tells me something about LED Notification bug ?

EDIT: I flashed it and I'm using it for 4 hours now - it's completely stable until now, the only bug is that the soft touch buttons are not reconfigurable.. and the LED Flash isn't working...
5th December 2016, 06:18 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3s4nn

Thanks! I've overseen this

Anyone tested yet ? My google translater tells me something about LED Notification bug ?

EDIT: I flashed it and I'm using it for 4 hours now - it's completely stable until now, the only bug is that the soft touch buttons are not reconfigurable.. and the LED Flash isn't working...

Mine flashed and running for about 8 hours and yes, it's quite stable.
My LED Flash working just fine either in camera or as Flashlight.
Also, I solved soft touch bug with temporary fix using GravityBox via Xposed.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilhamazdi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilhamazdi Ad-Free
5th December 2016, 06:36 PM |#9  
Flag Bramsche

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhamazdi

Mine flashed and running for about 8 hours and yes, it's quite stable.
My LED Flash working just fine either in camera or as Flashlight.
Also, I solved soft touch bug with temporary fix using GravityBox via Xposed.

Sorry I meant the Notification LED xD it's not working

With Gravity Box it's possible ? Cool I'll try

EDIT: Another big problem is the chinese bloatware, which reinstalls every reboot - it's annoying, reflashed my MIUI backup
6th December 2016, 10:32 AM |#10  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Can you guys post some screenshots???
6th December 2016, 12:54 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3s4nn

Sorry I meant the Notification LED xD it's not working
With Gravity Box it's possible ? Cool I'll try
EDIT: Another big problem is the chinese bloatware, which reinstalls every reboot - it's annoying, reflashed my MIUI backup

Yep, notification led only works for charging indicator.
Those chinese bloatware doesn't reinstall in my case. But it does auto startup and takes about ~100MB of RAM which is quite annoying.

Another bug is Video Recording (idk if this is CM13 bug or ROM port bug), so when you record a video whether using Stock Camera app or third party app, video result is freezing but the sound play just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fforward72

Can you guys post some screenshots???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
redmi-4-prime

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)