[ROM][Unofficial][markw][6.0.1]Lineage Os 13.0 for Redmi 4 Prime/Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Alecotro

Unofficial LineageOS Rom For Redmi 4 Prime/Pro MARKW​

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmellow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Important Information
I am not the developer of this rom, all credits to @jacoghi
You are not allowed to make any mirrors of the file in the download section. No ota. No eta.

Known Bugs
-gps wakelock - partially fixed - keep device in device​ only

Installation
1. Download files.
2. flash TWRP 3.1.0
3. Wipe data/factory reset
4. Flash Lineage OS
5. Optional: flash Gapps
6. Optional: flash Su addon for root access

VIDEO
VIDEO from developer

Download
Rom 05/02:Mod edit: Link removed
Twrp 3.1.0: Mod edit: Link removed

Optional:
Su Addon: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/su/13.0/addonsu-arm64-signed.zip

Mod edit: Thread closed

Last edited by a moderator:

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
CHANGELOG:
- Hopefully fixed the biggest deal breaker for selfie whiners, front camera, however, since there are 3 different front camera models for this device, let me know if there are problems, and if so, your specific camera model;
- New media encoding libraries, should be way faster to generate encoded multimedia files - this doesn't affect pictures, only videos and audio;
- New BT libraries;
- Applied patch as indicated by our great friend, Raziel. People with two SIMs should be good now;
- Miracast now should be working out of the box;
- Bad same thing: A-GPS isn't as simple as I initially imagined, I'll leave it the way it is for now, so keep it in device only mode;

27/04:
- Blobs from 8.2.4.0;
- Hardware GPS completely fixed (keep it in Device Only mode): High Accuracy or Battery Savings do work properly, but Google Services creates a wakelock requesting position all the time. Not really fixable at this point, and not anymore a priority, next will be front camera;
- Removed a bunch of useless stuff;
- Deep sleeping even better than before;

Me and Raziel are taking over msdx's and Ahnik's work, which are awesome developers, but are probably working on other devices for now. Once they come back, I will let go off of it, since they are way better developers than myself.

Note: Please, do not quote me to ask whether you should "wipe data before or after installing rom", or any similar questions.

Last edited:

FelixDB

May 27, 2016
Ok, this is mine. Changes and remarks will be posted here. Me and Raziel are taking over msdx's and Ahnik's work, which are awesome developers, but are probably working on other devices for now. Once they come back, I will let go off of it, since they are way better developers than myself.

Note: Please, do not quote me to ask whether you should "wipe data before or after installing rom", or any similar questions.

Good to hear ! Keep up the good work, I may help once I finally receive my device.:good:

---------- Post added 25th April 2017 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 24th April 2017 at 11:54 PM ----------

I don't know if you did but msdx was constantly merging the new releases from codeaurora here:
https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-3.18/refs/tags?h=LA.UM.5.3.1_rb1

Release list is here, you can see that our tag is LA.UM.5.3 :
https://wiki.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/release

It may be a good idea to continue. Just something to consider.

h4waii

Nov 9, 2007
Hopefully the sources can be released and worked on in the open, as msdx321 and Anik1199 did. Maybe rebranch on markw-dev repository?

Reactions: ardrift and FelixDB

Mangel79

Jan 27, 2013
dumb question... Can i install this ROM without SU addon? I guess this is for root.. but can I install LineageOS without this?

Vihru

May 25, 2012
Finland
I'm not the developer, so I don't know the reason, but if people don't wanna download it it's their problem. I'm happy just to have the ROM, I don't really care about the hosting site.

yes but depositfiles is not good, you have to wait to downliad many files and its also very slow.. hope developer give grant to make better mirror like google drive or mega..

Mangel79

Jan 27, 2013
is it normal that it takes so long to reboot? Almost always have to "prepare" the apps after all reboots

EDIT: Sometimes, even reboot twice, idk why
EDIT2: A bug.. i think. The fingerprint for unlock doesnt work. I can't find the option to enable the fingerprint

Last edited:

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
Ok, guys, we might have solved the GPS wakelock problem. Keeping GPS on "Device Only" mode now works perfectly and the GPS sleeps like a baby after using it. However, "High accuracy" still keeps the phone awake, but I guess for now it's some good improvement. Also, updated our blobs to 8.2.4.0 (not sure if this is good or bad, haha). I'll test battery life now and probably post an update by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial LineageOS Rom For Redmi 4 Prime/Pro MARKW​

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmellow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Important Information
    I am not the developer of this rom, all credits to @jacoghi
    You are not allowed to make any mirrors of the file in the download section. No ota. No eta.

Known Bugs
    -gps wakelock - partially fixed - keep device in device​ only

Installation
    1. Download files.
    2. flash TWRP 3.1.0
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash Lineage OS
    5. Optional: flash Gapps
    6. Optional: flash Su addon for root access

VIDEO
    VIDEO from developer

Download
    Rom 05/02:Mod edit: Link removed
    Twrp 3.1.0: Mod edit: Link removed

Optional:
    Su Addon: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/su/13.0/addonsu-arm64-signed.zip

Mod edit: Thread closed
    Ok, people, update was posted, good changes are:

- Hopefully fixed the biggest deal breaker for selfie whiners, front camera, however, since there are 3 different front camera models for this device, let me know if there are problems, and if so, your specific camera model;
    - New media encoding libraries, should be way faster to generate encoded multimedia files - this doesn't affect pictures, only videos and audio;
    - New audio and BT libraries, let me know if the problem with the watch still persists;
    - Applied patch as indicated by our great friend, Raziel. People with two SIMs, let me know if SIM settings are still being messed up after reboot;
    - Miracast now should be working out of the box, let me know;

Bad same thing:
    - A-GPS isn't as simple as I initially imagined, I'll leave it the way it is for now, so keep it in device only mode;

ROM won't be updated over next days, since I'll go back to MIUI looking to find out some things that are still bothering me related to AGPS and Power. Anyways, let me know if you have problems.
    Guys, I didn't touch anything related to the camera between 23 and 27 releases. Other than that, no worries about this build prop edit, it's not on my plans, we have another way of fixing that in the kernel (which is weird, since we shouldn't need to do it that way, if the sources released by xiaomi are the same as the ones used on miui...).

Other than that, I have some good news about fingerprint: I as well was a little annoyed by the way the fingerprint wasn't being able to unlock the device without using the additional security measure, so I changed a few things related to that and fixed the issue. Now it behaves as it should (though I have goodix, does anybody have the other one?) , you just need to input the pattern and fingerprint when starting the phone (and I guess it's because my device is decrypted, otherwise it wouldn't ask for pattern not even when turning it on) and fingerprint will unlock the device straight way. When I get home, I'll look into Bluetooth problems (people with BT problems, can you get me a logcat when pairing? And if possible one with miui successfully pairing as well), since it's more important to me than front camera camera, and since front camera should be an easy fix.

Any other detected issues? How's is idle battery drain?
    About face camera problem:
    Edit build.prop does not solve the problem completely
    The problem of the inverted face camera is in the boot.img
    I tried installing in this ROM (20170427) other boot.img from LOS-20170418 by Liberation , face camera is working correctly.
    Fix for correct sound adjustment (solution from the forum 4pda.ru, Is implemented in Mokee by Razziell)
    To separately adjust the sound of headphones and speaker you need to fix the file /system/etc/mixer_paths_skuk.xml
    not a valid section:
    <path name="speaker">
    <ctl name="RX3 MIX1 INP1" value="RX1" />
    change:
    <path name="speaker">
    <ctl name="RX3 MIX1 INP1" value="RX3" />
    To support the Xiaomi and other headset buttons, you need to add to the file system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
    key 250 VOLUME_DOWN
    key 251 VOLUME_UP
    CHANGELOG:
    - New BT libraries;
    - Applied patch as indicated by our great friend, Raziel. People with two SIMs should be good now;
    - Miracast now should be working out of the box;
    - Bad same thing: A-GPS isn't as simple as I initially imagined, I'll leave it the way it is for now, so keep it in device only mode;

27/04:
    - Blobs from 8.2.4.0;
    - Hardware GPS completely fixed (keep it in Device Only mode): High Accuracy or Battery Savings do work properly, but Google Services creates a wakelock requesting position all the time. Not really fixable at this point, and not anymore a priority, next will be front camera;
    - Removed a bunch of useless stuff;
    - Deep sleeping even better than before;

Me and Raziel are taking over msdx's and Ahnik's work, which are awesome developers, but are probably working on other devices for now. Once they come back, I will let go off of it, since they are way better developers than myself.