Originally Posted by davidnw
I have had problems using TWRP so I switched to the newer Orangefox recovery.
To avoid losing all your apps and data you can use the migrate app which copies and restores the apps. You need to have a rooted device, I used magisk.
davidnw, Thanks a lot for your help. Orangefox recovery works amazing! Now I can update via OTA without problems.
Just to say that if you have the same problem as I had, then in order to avoid data lost, please do not try to repare your partitions with TWRP as I said in my first post, because your data will be lost and you will need to install PixelE. since the begining. And be aware that it is no posible to install Orangefox recovery from TWRP, because you can't mount the partitions (Data, System, etc) so what did I do?
Well, I installed Orangefox recovery from my computer using a usb cable and ADB-Fastboot_r28.0.2
1. Make sure to create a backup in the external sdcard or copy it onto your computer
2. Do you have your backup ready?
3. shure do you have a backup in external media.?
4. ok. then please do not cry if not.
5. Put your Orangefox recovery zip file in the directory where you have ADB-Fastboot_r28.0.2 (In your PC)
5. Enable USB debugging on your device
6. You need to reboot you Redmi as Recovery mode (TWRP). (Vol - & Vol + & Power at same time)
7. Conect your Redmi to the PC with your USB cable.
8. Into TWRP on the device, select “Advanced”, “ADB Sideload”, then swipe to begin sideload.
9. On the host machine ( the PC) Using a command line window (CMD), sideload the package using this command:
.\adb sideload filename.zip
filename.zip is the neme of your Orangefox recovery file.
10. See how happens the installation . . .
11. The device will automatically reboot into OrangeFox recovery after installation (allow this to happen)
12. Then reboot to OS & update via OTA!!
My divice is not rooted! And works!
ADB/Fastboot Download the Windows zip from Google.