By Granrage_VB, Member on 24th April 2019, 08:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd May 2019, 01:28 AM |#51  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monito1402

Hi, I cant update via OTA, I recieved the alert about new version and download without problem, but when I push Install button the Redmi go to TWRP and NO happens nothing. I checked and says that was not possible to found the file in orther to intall. The reason is that can not mount partition Data. In effect I try to mount Data manually but is imposible. When you see show 0 as size for partitons Data and System. Then I was to repair the partirions without luck. Then I was changging the type from EXT4 to FAT and then return to EXT4 and I can now install via PC. But if I try again via OTA Everything was whit the same problem. What can I do to update via OTA without lost everything each time? Thanks in advance. Regardas!

I have had problems using TWRP so I switched to the newer Orangefox recovery.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...oject-t3857387

To avoid losing all your apps and data you can use the migrate app which copies and restores the apps. You need to have a rooted device, I used magisk.
The Following User Says Thank You to davidnw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidnw Ad-Free

25th May 2019, 06:27 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnw

I have had problems using TWRP so I switched to the newer Orangefox recovery.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...oject-t3857387

To avoid losing all your apps and data you can use the migrate app which copies and restores the apps. You need to have a rooted device, I used magisk.

davidnw, Thanks a lot for your help. Orangefox recovery works amazing! Now I can update via OTA without problems.
Just to say that if you have the same problem as I had, then in order to avoid data lost, please do not try to repare your partitions with TWRP as I said in my first post, because your data will be lost and you will need to install PixelE. since the begining. And be aware that it is no posible to install Orangefox recovery from TWRP, because you can't mount the partitions (Data, System, etc) so what did I do?
Well, I installed Orangefox recovery from my computer using a usb cable and ADB-Fastboot_r28.0.2
How to:
1. Make sure to create a backup in the external sdcard or copy it onto your computer
2. Do you have your backup ready?
3. shure do you have a backup in external media.?
4. ok. then please do not cry if not.
5. Put your Orangefox recovery zip file in the directory where you have ADB-Fastboot_r28.0.2 (In your PC)
5. Enable USB debugging on your device
6. You need to reboot you Redmi as Recovery mode (TWRP). (Vol - & Vol + & Power at same time)
7. Conect your Redmi to the PC with your USB cable.
8. Into TWRP on the device, select “Advanced”, “ADB Sideload”, then swipe to begin sideload.
9. On the host machine ( the PC) Using a command line window (CMD), sideload the package using this command:
.\adb sideload filename.zip
filename.zip is the neme of your Orangefox recovery file.
10. See how happens the installation . . .
11. The device will automatically reboot into OrangeFox recovery after installation (allow this to happen)
12. Then reboot to OS & update via OTA!!
13. Enjoy!

My divice is not rooted! And works!

ADB/Fastboot Download the Windows zip from Google.
https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...st-windows.zip
30th May 2019, 04:33 PM |#53  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowiprabono

After install this ROM my Redmi 4 Prime can't read internal storage and that is not mounting on TWRP. Any help?

Same with me, but I currently use the dot os pie version and twrp can't read the storage, it only reads 0MB
1st June 2019, 03:38 PM |#54  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

How about antutu score dud??
forgive me if I am presumptuous asking this..
Because i need rom best performance for gaming..
Thanks..

Congratulations, a very surprising result..
I have tried it and tested, please check this picture antutu tested score
2nd June 2019, 05:00 PM |#55  

More
On screen nav buttons
Hello. The nav buttons at the bottom of my phone are busted so I enabled the on screen nav bar from Settings > Buttons. The buttons then appear at the bottom of the screen but does not respond to touch.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlanmn

Hello. The nav buttons at the bottom of my phone are busted so I enabled the on screen nav bar from Settings > Buttons. The buttons then appear at the bottom of the screen but does not respond to touch.

I have additional info to add. On screen buttons only work if the notification shade (the one with toggles for wifi, bluetooth, torch, etc) is visible.

Seems to me this may be an issue related to z-index where touches are only correctly routed to the on screen keys when the shade has active focus.
5th June 2019, 03:19 PM |#56  

More
Can i use different kernel (overclocked) for this rom? Can u tell me which kernel is better for high performance?
9th June 2019, 12:40 AM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Which camera does it came default??
9th June 2019, 02:32 PM |#58  
Flag Manado

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfreGarcia98

Which camera does it came default??

Pixel2 gcam
11th June 2019, 12:30 PM |#59  
Flag Jakarta

More
Hi all,

Can I install the new version without clean flash from TWRP?
11th June 2019, 10:30 PM |#60  

More
Radio fm no sound
After update ota to PixelExperience_markw-9.0-20190607-2345-OFFICIAL, radio fm has no sound..
11th June 2019, 10:48 PM |#61  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

After update ota to PixelExperience_markw-9.0-20190607-2345-OFFICIAL, radio fm has no sound..

I have upgraded as well. My FM radio is working.

There is a new sound control system added Dirac MI Sound. The controls are in the System -> Sound -> Advanced -> Mi Sound Enhancer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
markw, pie, pixel experience, redmi 4 prime

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)