LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
What's working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Camera ( Videos And Photos )
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
- Double Tap Wake
- Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
- SD cards
What's not working :
- Use VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER button to enter recovery mode
- Enforcing SELinux (Use prebuilt kernel U.u)
- VolTe (NO ETAS)
- You tell me!
- Download the latest build and GApps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and GApps