FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO]Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Xiaomi EU rom)

704 posts
Thanks Meter: 304

By Palm Trees, Senior Member on 24th December 2016, 12:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Device: Xiaomi Redmi 4A from Gearbest

The phone was shipped with a reported "fake global rom". I managed to flash the Global Rom (unofficial by Xiaomi EU). Here's how I did it.

1. Download XiaoMiFlash tool (https://mega.nz/#!aAhCmbSS!LvXzz7F1U...NON_FfclGnjFPE)
2. Download the Official China Stable Rom from Xiaomi (http://en.miui.com/a-234.html) choose Redmi 4A Latest China Stable Version Fastboot File Download
3. Extract the China Rom and change extracted .tar file's extension to .tz
3a. Extract the .tz file with 7zip
4. Open MiFlash tool, select the folder where you've just extracted the .tz file (named rolex_images_V8.1.2.0.MCCCNDI_20161125.0000.00_6.0 _cn)
4a. Check the "clean all and lock" option in the lower right corner in MiFlash tool
5. Power off your device. Now press the 'power' button and 'volume up'
6. A screen appears with several options, choose 'Download'
7. Connect your phone to your PC and await (COM [xx]) to show in MiFlash tool
8. Click flash and wait for it to finish.
9. Reboot your phone and wait (this will take 5-10 minutes)
10. When you've installed the China Rom go to Mi Unlock Status

11. If it says 'Device is unlocked' you're good to go, if your device is locked this method wont work (see picture above)
12. Download the latest weekly rom or stable (your choice) from https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-12-22.36929/
13. Download Cofface's TWRP recovery for Redmi 4A: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862683408
14. Flash the recovery if you can - I couldn't so I ran (fastboot boot [filename].img)
15. Phone now boots into TWRP
16. Perform Nandroid and wipe (factory reset)
17. Install Xiaomi EU rom
18. Voila! You have the unoffical global rom by Xiaomi EU and fully functional Play Store.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Palm Trees For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Palm Trees Ad-Free
5th January 2017, 05:04 PM |#2  
Flag City of God
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Wah, a great one! I think we need subforum for this gadget.
6th January 2017, 01:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
up for this cheap price phone for great specs i see.... thats why people love Android units......
6th January 2017, 09:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice job bud! I have a redmi 4 prime and it came with this fake global rom too, so i thinking on make the same thing u did. But i dont get why u flashed the china rom first and them flashed miui eu. Why not flash the miui eu only? 'Cause of unlock bootloader? Im pretty sure users can request the unlock code from their official xiaomi forum/site.

Greetings!

Enviado de meu Redmi 4 usando Tapatalk
9th January 2017, 04:39 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriegster

Nice job bud! I have a redmi 4 prime and it came with this fake global rom too, so i thinking on make the same thing u did. But i dont get why u flashed the china rom first and them flashed miui eu. Why not flash the miui eu only? 'Cause of unlock bootloader? Im pretty sure users can request the unlock code from their official xiaomi forum/site.

Greetings!

Enviado de meu Redmi 4 usando Tapatalk

I'm not sure you can unlock your phone with the fake rom installed. There unlock device option isn't included. To be honest, I can't remember, as this was a gift for my sister and not a daily driver of mine. Should work on the 'Prime' too - BUT make sure you flash the correct TWRP for Redmi 4 Prime specifically.
15th January 2017, 07:36 PM |#6  
Flag Near Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 12

More
My redmi 4A from gearbest already came with an unlocked bootloader. Bow working good with global from xiaomi.EU via twrp.
26th January 2017, 09:01 AM |#7  
Flag Near Lübeck

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi72

My redmi 4A from gearbest already came with an unlocked bootloader. Bow working good with global from xiaomi.EU via twrp.

Additional note: the battery's endurance is really impressive! Lasting two days using as much as I can. Only mail twitter telegram internet sometimes it lasts four (4) days!! Pretty good for 3000 mAh. SD425 I only say. The performance is OK. No turbo, but definitely not slow!

Buy this phone, if you want to have as much phone as possible for your low budget. It's impressive!
9th March 2017, 03:09 PM |#8  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Rom infested with bloatwares and malware.
Unnecessary apps that consume the few features of the device.
I'm sorry that a manufacturer of this size behaves this way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Allhunt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Allhunt Ad-Free
14th March 2017, 12:15 AM |#9  
Flag Near Lübeck

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allhunt

Rom infested with bloatwares and malware.
Unnecessary apps that consume the few features of the device.
I'm sorry that a manufacturer of this size behaves this way.

Those who have eyes to read: read!
You're on a shoprom. It's not the factory's one.
Read here on XDA about flashing xiaomi.eu ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michi72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Michi72 Ad-Free
16th March 2017, 08:40 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Got a 4A with Global 8.2.1.0, currently quite annoyed that the unlock procedure that's plastered all over the place doesn't actually work, with the only answer being to "wait longer".

Its already been stated long ago in mi's official forums, that the unlock procedure works on a Gobal nondev, but I don't think the procedure has been tested outside of China and India. 15+ days since I got the permission to unlock (this was within an hour BTW), and the official unlocker still cannot verify the device. No answer to the bug report either.

Not to mention I've never been able to register with the Unlock Status app (10008: an error has occured, please consult API), and the mi finder site will locate my 4A, but pretend it isn't connected - so no go on a possible method 2.

Really don't know what I missed. It'll take a bit of time to flash any dev ROM and reinstall all the things; I had a 1S and it wasn't that difficult to get the bootloader unlocked.

Is there an unofficial way to get temporary root BTW?
16th March 2017, 09:05 AM |#11  
Flag Near Lübeck

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Chicken

Got a 4A with Global 8.2.1.0, currently quite annoyed that the unlock procedure that's plastered all over the place doesn't actually work, with the only answer being to "wait longer".

Its already been stated long ago in mi's official forums, that the unlock procedure works on a Gobal nondev, but I don't think the procedure has been tested outside of China and India. 15+ days since I got the permission to unlock (this was within an hour BTW), and the official unlocker still cannot verify the device. No answer to the bug report either.

Not to mention I've never been able to register with the Unlock Status app (10008: an error has occured, please consult API), and the mi finder site will locate my 4A, but pretend it isn't connected - so no go on a possible method 2.

Really don't know what I missed. It'll take a bit of time to flash any dev ROM and reinstall all the things; I had a 1S and it wasn't that difficult to get the bootloader unlocked.

Is there an unofficial way to get temporary root BTW?

I thought the same on my device. But afterwards it was not necessary at all. Gear...st already flashed their shoprom on my device, which said is was a global one, but not updatable via ota.

My next step was to check how they did it.

Did you already check bootloader status via fastboot OEM check? Maybe you can simply already flash twrp as described on xiaomi.eu site.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xiaomi-redmi-4a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)