[HOW TO]Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Xiaomi EU rom)

Search This thread

dejoxy

Jan 10, 2014
Redmi 4A Latest China Stable Version Fastboot File

Device: Xiaomi Redmi 4A from Gearbest

The phone was shipped with a reported "fake global rom". I managed to flash the Global Rom (unofficial by Xiaomi EU). Here's how I did it.

1. Download XiaoMiFlash tool
2. Download the Official China Stable Rom from Xiaomi
3. Extract the China Rom and change extracted .tar file's extension to .tz
3a. Extract the .tz file with 7zip
4. Open MiFlash tool, select the folder where you've just extracted the .tz file (named rolex_images_V8.1.2.0.MCCCNDI_20161125.0000.00_6.0_cn)
4a. Check the "clean all and lock" option in the lower right corner in MiFlash tool
5. Power off your device. Now press the 'power' button and 'volume up'

Does anyone have a copy of this file for the 4A please? It's no longer on the page with the other files. I got my new phone yesterday from Aliexpress, I suspect I have a fake ROM, can't unlock bootloader, the unlock page keeps displaying in Chinese once I've signed into my MI account. Don't know what else to do. Thank you.

dejoxy

Jan 10, 2014

Hello, I have a new Redmi 4A that was shipped with a fake global ROM. I am unable to get bootloader unlock permission, due to fake ROM. I want to download the official fastboot file for 4A from the site given ( I can't post links yet) but it is not on the list, can you advise me please? Is it possible to use the one for the Redmi 4 instead? Thank you.

Reactions: Schmuppes

dejoxy

Jan 10, 2014
It turns out that I did not have a fake ROM after all, I just needed to have been a bit more patient. . I've applied for and been given permission to unlock my bootloader, just need to wait a few more hours before the unlock tool will work. I'm loving my phone so far, hope to be able to share any tips I come across in the future. Thank you.

Reactions: Schmuppes

shaca

Dec 13, 2011
OnePlus 6
hello guys

how do you know you have that fake rom?
i bought mine from oppomart, im in portugal and i have rom version 8.0.3.0.0.
i havent applyed to unlock my phoe, can i use this method?

tnks

Aug 7, 2016
how to flash this file now???

when i try to go into download mode by selecting 'download' it reboots phone normally and nothing happens
pls helppp..

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
Update: finally there is a new mi unlocker version that works for the 4A first time. Version 1.1.1111 which is downloaded direct from http://en.miui.com/unlock/ works (last used version ended with 1037). You don't even need to do anything else other than get the SMS permission confirmation, and have an existing mi account.

I don't have time to root this device right now (maybe weekend), but at least my bootloader is clear. Took them the better part of 2.5 months tho!

thatOneWeeaboo

Aug 4, 2014
Got a 4A with Global 8.2.1.0, currently quite annoyed that the unlock procedure that's plastered all over the place doesn't actually work, with the only answer being to "wait longer".

Its already been stated long ago in mi's official forums, that the unlock procedure works on a Gobal nondev, but I don't think the procedure has been tested outside of China and India. 15+ days since I got the permission to unlock (this was within an hour BTW), and the official unlocker still cannot verify the device. No answer to the bug report either.

Not to mention I've never been able to register with the Unlock Status app (10008: an error has occured, please consult API), and the mi finder site will locate my 4A, but pretend it isn't connected - so no go on a possible method 2.

Really don't know what I missed. It'll take a bit of time to flash any dev ROM and reinstall all the things; I had a 1S and it wasn't that difficult to get the bootloader unlocked.

Is there an unofficial way to get temporary root BTW?

Sadly, the "wait longer" asnwer is true in most case. And yes, I'm neither in China nor India and it's working in Global Stable ROM. And device binding isn't necessary.

No, you can't get temporary root as far as I know.

jughdetf

Mar 14, 2016
Hey, how to update the eu rom? I've tried to update it via updater app but nothing happened. Suggestions please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Device: Xiaomi Redmi 4A from Gearbest

The phone was shipped with a reported "fake global rom". I managed to flash the Global Rom (unofficial by Xiaomi EU). Here's how I did it.

1. Download XiaoMiFlash tool (https://mega.nz/#!aAhCmbSS!LvXzz7F1U5kG8v6oCbN_NiWFPvXahNON_FfclGnjFPE)
    2. Download the Official China Stable Rom from Xiaomi (http://en.miui.com/a-234.html) choose Redmi 4A Latest China Stable Version Fastboot File Download
    3. Extract the China Rom and change extracted .tar file's extension to .tz
    3a. Extract the .tz file with 7zip
    4. Open MiFlash tool, select the folder where you've just extracted the .tz file (named rolex_images_V8.1.2.0.MCCCNDI_20161125.0000.00_6.0_cn)
    4a. Check the "clean all and lock" option in the lower right corner in MiFlash tool
    5. Power off your device. Now press the 'power' button and 'volume up'
    6. A screen appears with several options, choose 'Download'
    7. Connect your phone to your PC and await (COM [xx]) to show in MiFlash tool
    8. Click flash and wait for it to finish.
    9. Reboot your phone and wait (this will take 5-10 minutes)
    10. When you've installed the China Rom go to Mi Unlock Status
    463048option.png

11. If it says 'Device is unlocked' you're good to go, if your device is locked this method wont work (see picture above)
    12. Download the latest weekly rom or stable (your choice) from https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-12-22.36929/
    13. Download Cofface's TWRP recovery for Redmi 4A: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862683408
    14. Flash the recovery if you can - I couldn't so I ran (fastboot boot [filename].img)
    15. Phone now boots into TWRP
    16. Perform Nandroid and wipe (factory reset)
    17. Install Xiaomi EU rom
    18. Voila! You have the unoffical global rom by Xiaomi EU and fully functional Play Store.
    Rom infested with bloatwares and malware.
    Unnecessary apps that consume the few features of the device.
    I'm sorry that a manufacturer of this size behaves this way. :(
    Rom infested with bloatwares and malware.
    Unnecessary apps that consume the few features of the device.
    I'm sorry that a manufacturer of this size behaves this way. :(
    Those who have eyes to read: read!
    You're on a shoprom. It's not the factory's one.
    Read here on XDA about flashing xiaomi.eu ROM.
    Hi Mauro, yes, it is.
    My 4A 2GB 32GB WORLD from gearbest came with Version: V8.1.6.0.MXDMIDI - STABLE world and a LOCKED bootloader.
    I checked the bootloader status 1st with #fastboot oem device-info
    Then opend a MI Account via the phone itself and asked for the unlock permission. Which was granted within 10 minutes. (Thanks!)
    There is a restrictive waiting time of 72h after creating the MI account and unlocking the bl which the recent version of the unlock tool respects - but the older version (MiFlashUnlock_1.1.1111.1_en) thankfully ignores.
    After that I followed above instructions (twrp did not install for me neither, I got a good scare when trying to boot into allegedly installed twrp but was greeted with the Chinese stock recovery - changing language is the right button, 2nd row from below - but that won´t help you, you have) to boot into twrp from fastload and then installed Xiaomi EU rom and root (from sdcard). All good!

Hello, I have a new Redmi 4A that was shipped with a fake global ROM. I am unable to get bootloader unlock permission, due to fake ROM. I want to download the official fastboot file for 4A from the site given ( I can't post links yet) but it is not on the list, can you advise me please? Is it possible to use the one for the Redmi 4 instead? Thank you.