/* * Your warranty is no longer valid. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, broken touchscreens, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
- Merged linux-stable (upstream to Linux 3.18.140).
- Merged f2fs-stable (upstreamed F2FS).
- Merged latest compatible prima drivers (upstreamed Wi-Fi drivers).
- Clean, optimized, and minimal imports of code for rosy (based on riva-o-oss branch).
- Optimized prima drivers (reduced debugging and unnecessary wakelocks).
- Optimized touchscreen drivers (fixed freezing and reduced debugging).
- Compiled with GCC 9.2.0 & "O3" and all code warnings fixed.
- Compiler tuned for Cortex-A53 (CPU optimization).
- Miscellaneous GPU optimizations.
- Memory optimizations.
- Full F2FS support.
- CRC toggle.
- Sound control.
- Vibration intensity control.
- DriveDroid CD-ROM emulation support.
- TTL fixation support.
- Wireguard support.
- Miscellaneous config improvements that are not listed here.
- CAF tag LA.UM.8.6.r1-04000-89xx.0
- CPU governors: [interactive], conservative, userspace, powersave, performance.
- I/O schedulers: [cfq], noop, deadline.
- TCP algorithms: [westwood], cubic, reno.
- Compression algorithms: [lz4], lzo.
- INITRD compression: [gzip].
With a recovery like TWRP:
- Download the zip.
- Flash it using the recovery's flash function.
- You're done, enjoy!
With FKM (Franco Kernel Manager) app:
- Open FKM > Flasher > click on "Import a kernel download configuration".
- In the dialogue that appeared enter xCG's JSON link that you can find below (copy-paste it).
- You're done, enjoy convenient access to everything latest!
Recommended ROMs to use with xCG:
- Latest zip: v3.7.0 (https://github.com/mscalindt/xcg-rosy/releases/download/v3.7.0/xCG-3.7.0-ROSY-Q-20200330.zip)
- Changelog: Here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80798487&postcount=2)
- TG group: Here (https://t.me/xcgkernel)
- List of all releases: Here (https://github.com/mscalindt/xcg-rosy/releases)
- FKM JSON link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mscalindt/xcg-rosy/fkm-updater/xcg.json
- osm0sis (for AnyKernel3).
- xDoge (for his work on rosy).
- baunilla (for his work on rosy).
- franciscofranco (for FKM).
- And many other people indirectly involved!
xCG, Kernel for the Xiaomi Redmi 5
Source Code: https://github.com/mscalindt/xcg-rosy
Kernel Special Features: Fixed touchscreen randomly freezing or misbehaving.
Current Stable Version: 3.7.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-03-30
Last Updated 2020-03-30