[ROM][8.1.0_r50[UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended ROM V5.8 [DUI]

Search This thread

Shreejoy Dash

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2017
Cuttack
www.pixysos.com
Very stable ROM, performance and battery backup is great. Can you improve camera in next build. Right now in low light Google camera take very bad pictures. They have too much noise
Yes I will improve it

The good news is next Thursday xiaomi starts Oreo testing for rosy so all the very minor bugs will be fixed as soon as we get a hands on over that miui Oreo build

Even the Creator of Thunderstorm Kernel have done a great thing he has fixed the goodux FP delay

He will soon publish the fixes wait for it

Reactions: carl sagan

Shreejoy Dash

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2017
Cuttack
www.pixysos.com
Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will constantly try to add more features and make it even better in future updates. A ROM by a user, for a user. #StayAOSP #ExtendYourDevice #BeExtended

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We are not thinking of cherry-picking every feature out there. Our aim is to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our G+ community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Download ROM, GApps here for your Xiaomi Redmi 5!

OFFICIAL BUILD

Google Apps

-GApps

Want to try this awesomeness?

Monitor the changelog here!

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

Visit our Website, join our Google+ Community, Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

Do you want to translate to your language? Visit our Crowdin

All sort of contributions are welcomed. You can post your walls in our G+ community. Minimum res we require is W: 1152px | H: 2048px. We don't want our users to fight with each other so we humbly request you to be respectful to each other. We are not earning anything by sharing this ROM. Always read the full OP. Don't Quote the whole OP. Join our channel and community. #StayHappy #ExtendYourDevice

Checkout this ROM!

SCREENSHOTS WILL BE UPLOADED SOOON

People behind this amazing ROM!

-@ishubhamsingh(Owner/Dev/Designer)

-JDC Team

-DirtyUnicorns

-LineageOS/Cyanogenmod

-TeamSubstratum

-Nitrogen Project

-Pure Nexus

-OmniROM

-AOSPA

-ABC ROM

-GZR Community

-Lakor Tools for Via Browser

-Hemanth S Tobi for Retro Music Player

-@AlienCreature7 and @Wizper99 (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

I guess there is nothing wrong in reading facts!

-Base Of the ROM & Version?

->Rom is based on AOSP.

-Why no "Incremental/Delta updates" Support?

->Actually the updates we provide monthly are heavily changed and modified than the previous builds. New stuff is merged and added. So we don't provide incremental updates and recommend a clean flash.

-Does this ROM Support Substratum?

->Yes, full Substratum support!

-Which Gapps are recommended?

->OpenGapps

-Will this ROM relock the bootloader?

->No.

-What about XPOSED?

->XPOSED is still in beta stage. We like Xposed but it messes up with the system so before giving any bug reports make sure you have Xposed uninstalled.

-When Will Be the Next Update?

->No ETAs, please. ROM Will be updated whenever the new build is ready by your maintainer. We generally provide monthly updates with latest security patches and new features.

-I am facing FCs, Bugs, Some feature is broken?

->Provide full info about your problem with logcat and the procedure to reproduce it.

->How to take Logcats?

https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

-Adaway is not working :(

->Download it from here Adaway

-SElinux Linux mode changer app is not working nor Busy Box installer app is working.

->Everything is good with the sources. You should try other things first and then contact your maintainer.

-I want to contribute to the development of this ROM.

->Join our Google+ community

->Join our Telegram group chat

-I want to contribute to the translation of this ROM.

->Visit our Crowdin

Contributors
Shreejoy Dash
Source Code: http://github.com/shreejoy/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953

ROM OS Version: 8.1.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: latest miui firmware
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-11-04
Last Updated 2018-11-04

ROM has been updated

I hope everyone got the OTA update

Or if you have not tried it then try the latest one it fixes many small bugs and a huge performance improvement I think you will like it

BTW just a information to everyone due to my school and exams I don't get much time be on the thread

It would be much better that while sending and questions just do a @ mention here so that I get notified about that

Or you guys can do one more thing
You can join telegram group @redmi5official
Or you can pm me at @androidpie9 or you can inbox me at XDA personal message

drnoellyg

Nov 25, 2011
LG Nexus 5X
Xiaomi Redmi 5
ROM has been updated

Or if you have not tried it then try the latest one it fixes many small bugs and a huge performance improvement I think you will like it

BTW just a information to everyone due to my school and exams I don't get much time be on the thread

It would be much better that while sending and questions just do a @ mention here so that I get notified about that

Great job. Thank you.

Jul 30, 2016
After plugging headphone videos become glitchy and after that no sound problem. I have to reboot my phone for sound in this rom.

Shreejoy Dash

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2017
Cuttack
www.pixysos.com
The build has been updated go check out the OP for more details
Even chngelogs are included now

And And the Fingerprint fixes are also included for Goodix sensor that fixes the delay of Goodix Fingerprint

Tazerick

Mar 23, 2013
Ústí nad Labem
Hello. I'm new to rosy, I would try this rom, I nearly tried every rom on forum,
but oreo roms has a mic bug in app called "Voloco". There is huge noise while recording voice.
I tried LineageOS 14.1, fingerprint reacted like a button everywhere, so I needed to switch.

Edit : This rom is the best one yet. Only one problem, I'm facing lags sometimes, I guess it's by kernel, will try out CodeX later, but everything works perfectly, even mic in Voloco app.
Thank you!

Last edited:

ananyo.rgc

Sep 17, 2016
Kolkata
hello I installed this build today. But i am facing a bug i.e when i am plugging my headphone. Neither Youtube nor music player is working. I cant hear anything. pls help :(:(

Last edited:

Shreejoy Dash

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2017
Cuttack
www.pixysos.com
I am very sad to announce that we have lost AEX official due to some reason so the last OTA was last AEX official build

I will try to appoint some other developer to continue this builds maybe he will come up with pie

I hope you guys can understand

Reactions: carl sagan

drnoellyg

Nov 25, 2011
LG Nexus 5X
Xiaomi Redmi 5
I am very sad to announce that we have lost AEX official due to some reason so the last OTA was last AEX official build

I will try to appoint some other developer to continue this builds maybe he will come up with pie

I hope you guys can understand

No problem buddy. You did so much for this ROM. It was hard to be the only maintainer. I know you will come back later with better things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works great. Finger print had issue. But resolved after installing the fix.
    Good :D
    Some more behind the scenes work is on
    Should be out soon

So stay tuned
    If you like my work please hit that thanks button it motivates me work more and more
    Yeah I am also facing same bug. Can't hear any sound from headphones. Even YouTube videos are lagging when headphones are connected whereas they works fine on speakers.
    I think this a ROM issue.
    Delete folder MTP in /root/vendor/etc/acdbdata
    Restart your phone and listen to music
    Guys I am really sorry for this As I gave up the official for AEX so the rom wont appear in official website
    but I good news is AEX is coming back official with a new maintainter so guys get ready
    and within that time i got you guys one more surprise
    so i have bought the Viper os official to the rosy
    Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will constantly try to add more features and make it even better in future updates. A ROM by a user, for a user. #StayAOSP #ExtendYourDevice #BeExtended

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We are not thinking of cherry-picking every feature out there. Our aim is to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our G+ community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Download ROM, GApps here for your Xiaomi Redmi 5!

OFFICIAL BUILD

Google Apps

-GApps

Monitor the changelog here!

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

Visit our Website, join our Google+ Community, Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

All sort of contributions are welcomed. You can post your walls in our G+ community. Minimum res we require is W: 1152px | H: 2048px. We don't want our users to fight with each other so we humbly request you to be respectful to each other. We are not earning anything by sharing this ROM. Always read the full OP. Don't Quote the whole OP. Join our channel and community. #StayHappy #ExtendYourDevice

Checkout this ROM!

SCREENSHOTS WILL BE UPLOADED SOOON

-JDC Team

-DirtyUnicorns

-LineageOS/Cyanogenmod

-TeamSubstratum

-Nitrogen Project

-Pure Nexus

-OmniROM

-AOSPA

-ABC ROM

-GZR Community

->Rom is based on AOSP.

->Actually the updates we provide monthly are heavily changed and modified than the previous builds. New stuff is merged and added. So we don't provide incremental updates and recommend a clean flash.

->OpenGapps

->No.

-What about XPOSED?

->XPOSED is still in beta stage. We like Xposed but it messes up with the system so before giving any bug reports make sure you have Xposed uninstalled.

->No ETAs, please. ROM Will be updated whenever the new build is ready by your maintainer. We generally provide monthly updates with latest security patches and new features.

->Provide full info about your problem with logcat and the procedure to reproduce it.

->How to take Logcats?

-SElinux Linux mode changer app is not working nor Busy Box installer app is working.

->Everything is good with the sources. You should try other things first and then contact your maintainer.

->Visit our Crowdin

Contributors
    Shreejoy Dash
    Source Code: http://github.com/shreejoy/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953

ROM OS Version: 8.1.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: latest miui firmware

Version Information

Created 2018-11-04
    Last Updated 2018-11-04

ROM has been updated

ER7PzVx.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

KDVygxh.png

Np7jfnY.png

Code:
    [B]
    -DUI(Fling/Pulse/Smartbar)
    -DU Font Engine
    -Substratum Theme Engine Rootless Support
    -Omni's QSHeaders Background
    -One Handed UI
    -MicroG
    -Grid/GO Recents UI
    -AppOps
    -Expanded Desktop
    -Statusbar Clock/Date Customizations
    -Dashboard Suggestions/Summaries (Enable/Disable)
    -Notification Intervals
    -Increasing Volume in Ringtone
    -D2S On Navbar
    -Long Press Back button  to Kill App
    -Dashboard Column Configurations
    -Detailed Location QS Tile!
    -Statusbar Traffic Indicators
    -Notification Count
    -DT2S On Statusbar and Lockscreen
    -QS Quick Pulldown
    -QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable)
    -QS Tiles Animations
    -Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable)
    -Immersive Mode messages (Enable/Disable)
    -Flashlight Notifications
    -Immersive Recents
    -Toast Icon
    -MediaScanner Behaviour On Boot
    -Power Menu Customizations
    -Additional Battery Saver steps
    -Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode)
    -Fingerprint and Edge Gestures Support
    -QS Haptic Feedback
    -One Tap Data & Wifi Tile
    -Auto Brightness Icon Toggle
    -Breathing Notifications
    -Clickable Clock and Date in Statusbar Header
    -Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions
    -Show 4G instead LTE switch
    -Night Mode QS Tile
    -Long press Caffeine Tile Action
    -Customize QS Rows/Columns
    -Customize small QS Tiles
    -StatusBar Brightness Control
    -Lockscreen Shortcut
    -Quick Unlock for PIN/Password
    -Battery Styles and Percentage
    -Navbar QS Tile
    -Flip Button Animation
    -Unlink Notification Volume
    -Status bar Clock Seconds
    -Partial Screenshot Type
    -Screenshot Delay
    -Via/Jelly Browser
    -Retro Music Player
    -Pixel's UI, Ringtones, Launcher, and Wallpapers
    -Camera Sound Toggle
    -Advanced Ambient Display Customizations
    -Smart Pixels
    -Longpress Power Button on Lockscreen for Torch
    -Disable FC
    -Wakelock Blocker
    -Toggle Lockscreen Media Art
    -Toggle Lockscreen Music Visualizer
    -Ticker
    -Disable QS on Lockscreen
    -Toggle Dynamic Notification Card's Color
    -Low Battery Notification Toggle
    -Hide Clock/Date/Alarm Text from Lockscreen
    -Lockscreen Clock's Font Customizations
    -Weather on Lockscreen
    -AEXPapers
    -Heads up Customizations
    -DU's HW Button Rebinding
    -Button Backlight Customizations
    -Recents Clear All FAB button and Re-positioning
    -Recents Free Ram bar
    -Custom Carrier label
    -Dynamic Navbar
    -Paranoid Android PIE Controls
    -Pocket Lock & Pocket Judge (Accidental Touch)
    -Toggle power menu on Lockscreen
    -CPU Info Switch
    -Disable Orange Color in Battery Saver Mode
    -PiP QS tile
    -New Pretty Adaptive Icons for included AOSP apps
    -Run SysUI tuner from Extensions
    -Built-in Light/Dark/Wallpaper-Based and EXTENDED UI Support

And many more coming in future! Many extensions are added in each update so we miss out adding new extensions to this list. So always keep on checking the latest changelog in our G+ Community, and there you can monitor the previous changelogs as well, to see how far we have come![/B]

47WEHUl.png

Download ROM, GApps here for your device!

REDMI 5 (ROSY)

Changelogs:-

Thanks to @aragon12 and @Sukrut4778
    For there hard work to make this possible

A small note:-

This ROM is more stable than the previous one but as it is made with new firmware
    So after installing it if you want to switch ROM then you will have two choices

• Stay only on the latest AEX, Viper, Resurrction Remix
    • Flash Miui Nougat first then flash any other roms

The reason is that till now all the roms were built with modifying the old nougat firmware and switching to newer firmware then to roms made with old firmware starts giving you some or other problems in case of rosy fingerprint sensor break down and it won't work so only the above mention fixes are the only solution to work on this.

One more thing if sometimes flashing this rom gives you FP issue then simply
    Flash these fixes.

Flash this firmware

https://github.com/XiaomiFirmwareUp...rosy_miui_HM5Global_8.12.6_1f8ed5397b_8.1.zip

Flash it then your fingerprint should work great.

If still there is any issue don't hesitate to ask me here

Google Apps
    -GApps

t709fnd.png

Code:
    [b]-Download the ROM and GApps of your choice
    -Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery
    -Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    -Flash AEX Package
    -Install GAPPS package
    -Wipe cache!
    -And at last Reboot!
    [First boot will take few minutes! Have patience]
    Clean Flash is always recommended![/b]

mmK3YNQ.png

• Added Dual 4G volte
    • Improved stability
    • Faster Fingerprint sensor response
    • Added new Miui Oreo firmware
    • Updated blobs from miui Oreo

Code:
    [b] AospExtended v5.8 Changelog

-Merge August security patch (8.1.0_r43)
    -Update all packages
    -Update all translation
    -Update audioflinger
    -Update APNs
    -Add OP gestures
    -Add call recording
    -Add call statistics
    -Add per call account selection
    -Add camera key long press toggle ability (Device specific)
    -Add and improve LTE toggle tile
    -Add support for more modes in LTE toggle tile
    -Add custom rounded corner and padding preferences
    -Add more fonts in font engine
    -Add forced headsup for dialer
    -Add QS tile accent tint toggle
    -Add platform and RAM info to “Model and Hardware” dialogue
    -Revert back to stock recents icon size
    -Support executable shimming
    -Remove carrier text for disabled sim
    -Hide signal icons for disabled sim
    -Proper SSN implementation
    -Fix recents tile overlapping on icons
    -Fix share button lag
    -Fix black, opaque notification shade issue
    -Fix APN bearer settings (Add OK/Cancel option)
    -Fix lock clock size after rebooting
    -Fix notification sound crash
    -Fix few NPEs
    -UI/UX improvements
    -Performance improvement and bug fixes

Clean flash is always recommended​. Bug reports are not appreciated if not clean flashed. 
    Remove any kind of security PINs/Password and Fingerprints before flashing this build.

[/b]

WcLe541.png

zf0kMgF.png

wxV7wmi.png

GDeu02t.png

Checkout this ROM!
    YOUR ATTACHMENTS COMES HERE FOR SCREENSHOTS

nWBbgnc.png

-JDC Team
    -DirtyUnicorns
    -LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
    -TeamSubstratum
    -Nitrogen Project
    -Pure Nexus
    -OmniROM
    -AOSPA
    -ABC ROM
    -GZR Community

Y5vOKGE.png

->Rom is based on AOSP.

->OpenGapps

->No.

-What about XPOSED?

->How to take Logcats?

->Visit our Crowdin

Information
    aex, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 5

Contributors
    Sukrut4778
    Source Code: https://github.com/Sukrut4778/android_kernel_xiaomi_rosy

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Firmware Required: Miui Beta 8.11.1

Version Information